Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    Not so.

A furry convention in San Jose recently put something in their rules that prohibits those who are SO's from ever attending and on tumblr,twitter and the like there is a callout culture to get SO's out of the fandom.
    lmfao that is bull shit and you know it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    "I'm not like that so therefore you're wrong. My one anecdote disproves all sexual assault, sexual harassment, and property damage furries have caused at conventions." Yeah no. Fursuiting is a fetish. You can lie to us and yourself all you want. Cosplayers aren't reviled in pretty much every community in the same way furries are.
    No, instead cosplaying have horny guys drooling over any girl in costume, cat calling, touching and the whole damn reason we had to have the "Cosplay is not consent" campaign going on for almost a decade now. I've had guys sexually harass me in costume and I wasn't even what you would call a "sexy" character.
    Yeah, so much better.
    Wish you folks could focus a bit on that part since you are so obsessed about whos and what fetish and harassing furries everytime you see one, especially when they are at their own conventions, specifically to avoid meeting judgemental jerks who only wants to shit on them having fun.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2022-05-14 at 11:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    lmfao that is bull shit and you know it.
    I can see the mental gymnastics in action.

'SO can't come because they're banned.'

*SO creates new fursona/fursuit, lies about name, proceeds to do more illegal activities that granted them SO status*

*Shocked pikachu face*
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand it, but if they keep it to themselves, I don't really care.

I doubt anyone is forced into it, animals or people, so it's a victimless hobby. So if yiff piles and zebra dicks as far as the eye can see is your thing, go nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    No, instead cosplaying have horny guys drooling over any girl in costume, cat calling, touching and the whole damn reason we had to have the "Cosplay is not consent" campaign going on for almost a decade now. I've had guys sexually harass me in costume and I wasn't even what you would call a "sexy" character.
    Yeah, so much better.
    Wish you folks could focus a bit on that part since you are so obsessed about whos and what fetish instead of harassing furries everytime you see one, especially when they are at their own conventions, specifically to avoid meeting judgemental jerks who only wants to shit on them having fun.
    And people who touch others in cosplay are usually thrown out of conventions. That doesn't happen at furry conventions. So false equivalence.

Furries are degenerates, plain and simple. They aren't unfairly targeted. They literally paint a target on themselves. Ironic you say they get shit on when furries participate in shit like "crinkling". Furries are absolutely no victims in any sense of the word. The majority of the time, they are the aggressor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    I can see the mental gymnastics in action.

'SO can't come because they're banned.'

*SO creates new fursona/fursuit, lies about name, proceeds to do more illegal activities that granted them SO status*

*Shocked pikachu face*
    Which ACTUALLY happens incredibly frequently with furries. Because they hide in their fursuits. There's numerous repeat offenders at conventions that do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    And people who touch others in cosplay are usually thrown out of conventions. That doesn't happen at furry conventions. So false equivalence.

Furries are degenerates, plain and simple. They aren't unfairly targeted. They literally paint a target on themselves. Ironic you say they get shit on when furries participate in shit like "crinkling". Furries are absolutely no victims in any sense of the word. The majority of the time, they are the aggressor.

- - - Updated - - -

Which ACTUALLY happens incredibly frequently with furries. Because they hide in their fursuits. There's numerous repeat offenders at conventions that do this.
    You know, it's a little suspicious that you seem to know furries this well. You know what they say, no ones is more critical of drinking than an alcoholic.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    No homophobia here. I'm a lesbian and I hate furries.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    You know, it's a little suspicious that you seem to know furries this well. You know what they say, no ones is more critical of drinking than an alcoholic.
    Because I did security at conventions for 15 years. Furries made up around 75% of ALL sexual harassment and sexual assault complaints. I was also personally sexually assaulted by a pair of furries at a convention. So...yeah. Nice try with trying to accuse me of being a furry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, so much better.
    Wish you folks could focus a bit on that part since you are so obsessed about whos and what fetish instead of harassing furries everytime you see one, especially when they are at their own conventions, specifically to avoid meeting judgemental jerks who only wants to shit on them having fun.
    And this is not ok.

This is never ok.

The difference is that, if taken to the appropriate people (and corruption isn't an issue) said offenders are kicked from the cons. Its like those people who insist on touching the art at museums and stuff -- you just don't do it. In Furry conventions, people who are doing the offending can change suits and waltz right back in (if they've the money to buy another ticket) as if nothing happens, because you cannot see past the costume 99 times out of 100.

I, personally, don't have issues with the concept of 'Furries', some of their suits are pretty damn awesome, like lots of cosplay out there. what I do have an issue with is a plethora of already mentioned examples of degenerate people posing as 'furries' or abusing animals claiming 'they consented'. There is an entire 'culture' around furries that is not analogous with anything in the cosplay community.

But therein lies the difference. The Furry Community stemmed from a sexual fetish (and there is nothing wrong with sexual fetishes, as long as they're involving consenting adults) while Cosplay is, more or less, a living art show -- people dedicated to their love for whatever genre of media they're cosplaying as.

Correct me if i'm incorrect on any of what i've mentioned.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Because I did security at conventions for 15 years. Furries made up around 75% of ALL sexual harassment and sexual assault complaints. I was also personally sexually assaulted by a pair of furries at a convention. So...yeah. Nice try with trying to accuse me of being a furry.
    I feel you, bro. I was once security at a religious convention, religious people made up 100% of ALL sexual harassments and sexual assault complaints. I was also personally assaulted by a pair of priests at a convention. So... yeah. All religious people are degenerates, QED, the end, I have spoken, my word is law, source: dude, trust me.

This is easy, let's use wild claims and random anecdotes to pick on another group next! WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

P.S.: Please respond to this with "obviously YOU'RE a furry, trying to excuse these degenerates!" because if you don't, you'd lose all credibility, wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I feel you, bro. I was once security at a religious convention, religious people made up 100% of ALL sexual harassments and sexual assault complaints. I was also personally assaulted by a pair of priests at a convention. So... yeah. All religious people are degenerates, QED, the end, I have spoken, my word is law, source: dude, trust me.

This is easy, let's use wild claims and random anecdotes to pick on another group next! WHAT COULD GO WRONG?

P.S.: Please respond to this with "obviously YOU'RE a furry, trying to excuse these degenerates!" because if you don't, you'd lose all credibility, wouldn't you?
    This is hands down one of the shittiest takes I've ever seen. The conventions I was security for weren't gaming conventions yet furries made up a majority of the complaints. Let that sink in. So enough with the asinine comments.

Yup.

What about family members?

From what i read, most sex offenses are actually between family members, than strangers.

Like on Dr. Phil one time had a girl who said they were molested by her father.

When people decide their entire identity is their sexual fetish then yes they deserve to be judged by it.

Most people simply dont make their sexuality their defining trait, if they do then they are just looking to get attention and deserve to be shamed for selfish antisocial behaviour.

furries are judged correctly in this regard, just looking at your pic i know what you are into, making a big fuss about it is incredibly annoying. you have no idea what my orientation and fetishes are because i dont make them public like an attention thirsty loser.

That is all there is to it. if you want to commit pseudo zoophillia you do you but stop shoving it in everyones face and demanding acceptance for it its obnoxious.

Yeah, so much better.
    Wish you folks could focus a bit on that part since you are so obsessed about whos and what fetish and harassing furries everytime you see one, especially when they are at their own conventions, specifically to avoid meeting judgemental jerks who only wants to shit on them having fun.
    Yes, I can call both creeps in cosplay circles and furries both degenerates.

So enough with the asinine comments.
    That does not seem to apply here. QED, really. Also: did not follow instructions. Am disappoint.

Obviously what I said was hyperbole, but the point I was making stands: there's plenty of groups within which certain negative behaviors are overrepresented. But in most cases, the problem is those negative behaviors, not the groups themselves. And just like no one would seriously say "priests have a much higher than average incidence rate of child sexual abuse therefore priests are a problem", the problem isn't furries, it's people who don't respect personal and sexual boundaries. It's possible those kinds of people are overrepresented within the furry fandom (and I have no idea whether that's actually true, or if it is, how much higher the numbers are), and that needs to be addressed by reducing that number; not by shunning everyone in the group, including those who never transgressed against anyone. That's not only unfair and uncompassionate, it's usually counterproductive because it fosters resentment and violence rather than reducing it.

That does not seem to apply here. QED, really. Also: did not follow instructions. Am disappoint.

Obviously what I said was hyperbole, but the point I was making stands: there's plenty of groups within which certain negative behaviors are overrepresented. But in most cases, the problem is those negative behaviors, not the groups themselves. And just like no one would seriously say "priests have a much higher than average incidence rate of child sexual abuse therefore priests are a problem", the problem isn't furries, it's people who don't respect personal and sexual boundaries. It's possible those kinds of people are overrepresented within the furry fandom (and I have no idea whether that's actually true, or if it is, how much higher the numbers are), and that needs to be addressed by reducing that number; not by shunning everyone in the group, including those who never transgressed against anyone. That's not only unfair and uncompassionate, it's usually counterproductive because it fosters resentment and violence rather than reducing it.
    Furries make up a pretty overwhekming majority of offenders at conventions. Go to page 2 and watch the Rainfurrest video. Furries deserve what they get. You will get absolutely no sympathy from me when it comes to calling out furries as the degenerates they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    There's a fundamental flaw with associating furries with any other sort of sexuality/gender/etc.

Being homosexual is not a choice, feeling the gender dysphoria that trans people feel is not a choice. These are a matter of chemical makeup, genetics, and the like, it's no different than being able to (not) choose the color of your skin. And most people don't want to hide who they are without judgment.

There is no 'genetic disposition' to feeling like you're an animal. You're human, choosing to dress up in a fursuit and hiding who you are for one reason or another under the facade of 'this is who I really am'. This is made even less believable when you decide to mix animal species, choose outlandish colors/body modifications, or other 'weird' stuff that isn't found in nature, but is ultimately someone's bestiality-induced fever dream.

It is equally easy to hide more predatory practices behind a fursuit, which makes people less inclined to trust Furries... despite the fact some (like yourself) exclaim 'you cant judge a group by a few bad apples', you really can when almost the entire premise of the 'movement' is hiding who you are so you're not judged (or worse, in examples. Bronies, for example, leading into pedophiliac tendencies or Sonichu (God I wish I'd never found out about this through my newsfeeds).

- - - Updated - - -

Dont do this, it will never help your cause. This is a horrible strawman that does absolutely nothing but piss people off because it's a null arguement.
    We are animals...so in other words people hate the truth when it doesn't align with their feelings

Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    Yup.

What about family members?

From what i read, most sex offenses are actually between family members, than strangers.

Like on Dr. Phil one time had a girl who said they were molested by her father.
    This is a different topic, but you're very right in that this is often swept under the rug of ignorance when sexual abuse comes up.

It's like that new dog-whistle against the LGBTQ+ community accusing them of being "groomers" - when the ACTUAL grooming taking place is mostly heterosexual, just as the vast vast VAST majority of child sexual abuse is that of girls by heterosexual men. But no one wants to talk about age compression in product design, or how advertisement has normalized the idea that personal value is tied to sexual desirability, or how underage girls are stuck into marriages even in countries like the US (which is banned in only SIX states, with almost 300,000 child marriages in the US over the last 20 years many of which took place between adult males and girls under the age of sexual consent), and so on. But noooo it's the gays who are after your children, SURELY.

No one is saying furries don't have problems within their community, but to just paint everyone with the same brush is ridiculous and only makes things worse, not better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    We are animals...so in other words people hate the truth when it doesn't align with their feelings
    Acting pedantic doesn't help your case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wewlad View Post
    Acting pedantic doesn't help your case.
    Tossing accusations because you don't like the truth isn't helping your case