Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,079
    vote clawsout

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    That's helpful.
    Very.

    I can see the writing on the wall. There's no point putting effort into speaking up because literally everything I suggested has been subtly pushed as 'scummy'. There's clearly shenanigans going on in this game though there was no sign of that beforehand from my perspective. I'd assume that I'm little more than a VT as I'm simply 'Town' and have no abilities whatsoever.

    So if Cereal was listed as a 'Cop' and had no forewarning about his role as a paranoid cop, why was so he so eager to insist that the game could be non-standard? What exactly gave him that impression?

    He seemed to be leading towards convincing everybody of that only to suddenly say 'let's make this interesting' and come out with a guilty on Mazer. Which makes sense if you frame it as him being a paranoid cop, though I feel there's more than that at play. Cereal and Foxxi often give each other strange roles in their games but as I said earlier we've also had roles show up that can directly make the mod put out a statement of their choosing.

    So I think this is one big gamble to try and allow Cereal to cruise to victory on that basis.

    Vote: Cereal

    Feel free to join me, or don't. Whatever. Just lynch Cereal tomorrow when all is revealed.

  3. #243
    Blademaster Marack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Marack was around when I did the cop claim and commented on it, but his comments were mainly at asking about the claim and then about ending day early. He then was gone and didn't post again. Day did end 5 hours early, but still. This would probably be my second choice.
    Sorry. Life has been a shit show and my sleeping habits are beyond fucked. I was on and commented, then fell asleep at the computer. Now Im awake 4-5hrs before I normally wake up.

    LDG - Normal "play" from her. NAI.
    Val - Not much to go off of
    Kray - Lean town, only reservation is Mazers parting comments.
    Claws - Normal activity from my perspective.
    Grae - Need to reread.
    Cereal - Paranoid Cop... so essentially a flavor VT at this point.

    I dont like that Cereal was content yesterday with the Vote me if Mazer is town, but now talking their way out of it. More or less cleared by Mod. Grae does give a valid point of roles making mods say thing, however, with the size of this game, I doubt it.

    Trust to distrust...
    Cereal
    Kray
    LDG
    Claws
    Grae
    Val

    Im need to get some coffee and reread. But drowsy me feels this way.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    So if Cereal was listed as a 'Cop' and had no forewarning about his role as a paranoid cop, why was so he so eager to insist that the game could be non-standard? What exactly gave him that impression?
    Maybe the fact that there is a disclaimer in the rules that I didn't see any any recent games? No, it was not clear but was enough for me to mention it as a possibility. Krayzy literally had the best argument about it not being bastard and that allowed me to drop it...sorta.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    I dont like that Cereal was content yesterday with the Vote me if Mazer is town, but now talking their way out of it. More or less cleared by Mod. Grae does give a valid point of roles making mods say thing, however, with the size of this game, I doubt it.
    What is with this falsehood? It is literally the same thing Graeham said when he accused me of trying to talk my way out of it. At no point did I talk my way out of it until Foxxi confirmed because that point my role was confirmed.

    At no point should this conversation be about me. Realistically, I should die tonight barring the scum team attempting to confuse people and trying to make me the mylo yeet.

    I really don't like Grae's post. But I recognize when I am being mildly biased because it does seem like Grae has some type of agenda and it is directly related to me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    vote clawsout
    Can you tell me why? I just wanna know where your heads at.

  5. #245
    Blademaster Marack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    What is with this falsehood? It is literally the same thing Graeham said when he accused me of trying to talk my way out of it. At no point did I talk my way out of it until Foxxi confirmed because that point my role was confirmed.
    Whats false about it? Had the mod not cleared you with paranoid cop, I would have voted you. You may not have to talk out of it, based on that alone, but you are not getting lynched... or at least shouldnt be the lynch target.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    Whats false about it? Had the mod not cleared you with paranoid cop, I would have voted you. You may not have to talk out of it, based on that alone, but you are not getting lynched... or at least shouldnt be the lynch target.
    Oh. My bad. I didn't realize you were doing your thoughts from the beginning. Yes, if I were not confirmed, I absolutely had to be yeeted today because if I tried to talk myself out of it and was successful, I will always be a "what if." And that isn't a way to win.

  7. #247
    Blademaster Marack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    Ok, I think I've found my Vote

    Vote CerealLord
    Do you have an opinion on the living players in the game?

    Also given that Cereal is a MOD CONFIRMED paranoid cop, who will see everyone investigated as scum, including you... do you plan on removing your vote?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm not saying that it is the case though I want to throw it out there simply on the basis of having all of the cards upon the table. From what I recall, there was a weird role a while back in a game where the moderator had to put out whatever statement was desired by the role in question...
    With the size of this game, I doubt that is the case. Paranoid cop is a valid role in the wiki... there is also a Naive cop who would see EVERYONE as innocent. Just something that foxxi decided to go with.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Looking back through today... and the who would you vote and why?

    Here are peoples top 2 to vote for as I see it:
    LDG- Voted Cereal (nothing else said)
    Claws- Val, LDG
    Cereal- Grae, Marack
    Val - Voted Claws (nothing else said)
    Grae - Vored Cereal (no 2nd choice)
    Marack- Val, Grae
    Kray- Feels like Grae is on his list, but not directly stated

  8. #248
    There's no 'agenda' at play. Other than sensing that something feels off about Cereal's approach to this game so far. He doesn't usually double down so hard on the idea of me being scum just because I look at stuff from unconventional angles and just because he's mod confirmed that doesn't negate the fact that he caused an innocent player to be lynched. A trend that will continue if he decides to follow through with a lynch on me as well.

    I'm also not convinced that scum would necessarily eliminate him at night even if he's telling the truth about his role. His results can't be trusted, so he's no thread when it comes to night actions and if he's barking up the wrong tree during the day phases or scum are confident that they can butter him up enough then stringing him along would be of greater benefit.

  9. #249
    Woke up to val pn me again no contrxt and bwon on cereal again no context

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ill be honest grae. Cereals play was totally wack but your acting like mad scum on a mod confirmed which isnt like you

    Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

  10. #250
    If I were scum, Lora would still be alive since I wouldn't kill the player who died early alongside me when last we played a game here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Plus, like I said, Cereal typically ends up with a strange role in pretty much every game as part of the friendly rivalry he has with Foxxi. So there's always going to be an element of second guessing and unfortunately in a game this size that usually means that most of us are just regular VT's sitting around waiting for things to happen to respond to and then whenever we dare pose a theory or comment on anything, we're declared to be 'scummy'.

    It's of little surprise to me that people don't bother doing much in the way of scum hunting for precisely that reason.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    If I were scum, Lora would still be alive since I wouldn't kill the player who died early alongside me when last we played a game here.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Plus, like I said, Cereal typically ends up with a strange role in pretty much every game as part of the friendly rivalry he has with Foxxi. So there's always going to be an element of second guessing and unfortunately in a game this size that usually means that most of us are just regular VT's sitting around waiting for things to happen to respond to and then whenever we dare pose a theory or comment on anything, we're declared to be 'scummy'.

    It's of little surprise to me that people don't bother doing much in the way of scum hunting for precisely that reason.
    I really am not sure what you are talking about Graeham. Your second post of the day specifically was calling me out saying I was not accepting my yeet. That was blatantly untrue. That is the statement that I picked up on along with you saying partner and not partners. Is it damning evidence? Absolutely not, but you acting like I said you were the scum of the earth.

    As for not killing Lora, you literally said you didn't remember the last game we played here. So why would that be taken into account? You even voted Lora on Day 1 as a choice right before end of day making him a tied wagon with LDG. But you wouldn't have killed Lora but totally cool with yeeting him?

    The quote of you saying you don't remember last game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I don't even remember the last game we played here.
    Don't act like you don't have some questionable things and you trying to turn it around on a mod-confirmed player is suspicious. Maybe you are town, but you are bouncing all over the place.

    And scum may not kill me. It's possible, but unlikely. I am a mod-confirmed player. I should not be yeeted (I have two votes at this point so not gonna say wont). I am not someone that can be in anyone's PoE unless the scum team thinks they can make enough people paranoid about bastard mechanics.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Ill be honest grae. Cereals play was totally wack
    It wasn't actually. My claim was 100% the proper play from a numeric standpoint. We have a low amount of players with 2-3 scum. If it were 3 scum, we needed to yeet one instantly. If it were 2 and I caught one? That means we have 1 scum to deal with and removes potential SPR.

    Typically, yes, a cop should wait to claim until they can get more results, but not in this small of a game with a positive cop check. I didn't think anything of it until Mazer started to argue with me. Because he was convincing as all hell. Maybe I should have stepped back and considered it at that point, but who am I to say no to a red check?

  12. #252
    Meh, whatever. I don't fancy spending the entire day phase arguing over inane theories.

    Unvote
    Vote: Graeham


    I'm a VT but apparently I'm not allowed to join a game and actually play anymore because no matter what I say or do it's suspicious.

  13. #253
    I don't understand how discussing someone's posts is inane? You say you want to discuss things and I welcome this. As long as it is not the "inane" theory that my mod-confirm is a lie. That just wastes time and discussions of other points.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm a VT
    Okay. Cool. So who outside of me do you think we should yeet then?

  14. #254
    I dunno. Probably Krayzy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Unvote
    Vote: Krayzy


    - - - Updated - - -

    Mostly because seemed a little defensive about my speculation over the Lora kill only to then turn around and propose the same theory himself later on in different words...

  15. #255
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,079
    I'm going to take Foxxi's confirmation of Cereal at face value. If we want to entertain the idea that this is actually a bastard game and that the mod confirmation is a lie, then yeah I guess you can do that, but when trying to decide what to do today we need the most accurate information possible. The simplest explanation is the most likely to be true, and in this case the simplest explanation is that the mod is telling the truth. So I'm going to operate under the assumption that Cereal is indeed town.

  16. #256
    Huggable Lemon Friend LemonDemonGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    2,600
    Fine.

    Unvote

    There is still something massively off about this though.
    Guess it's time you have plugged in all your nightlights....

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm going to take Foxxi's confirmation of Cereal at face value. If we want to entertain the idea that this is actually a bastard game and that the mod confirmation is a lie, then yeah I guess you can do that, but when trying to decide what to do today we need the most accurate information possible. The simplest explanation is the most likely to be true, and in this case the simplest explanation is that the mod is telling the truth. So I'm going to operate under the assumption that Cereal is indeed town.
    See thats a decent val post

    Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

  18. #258
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,079
    Unvote

    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Can you tell me why? I just wanna know where your heads at.
    When I casted that vote, I had no real feelings on anyone so I was just returning to my prior stance. I also think I thought that Clawsout was flying under the radar. Maybe I'm misremembering but I think he was a little more active in prior games with the writeups and pushing people and stuff, but it's hard to tell as overall this game has less activity than usual, probably because most people don't have powers, so people aren't invested as much and aren't posting as much and there aren't as many posts to react to and dissect. So I am indifferent towards Clawsout.

    I've been thinking about Krayzy and Graeham but can't come to any real thought on them. Could be scum, could be town. Hesitant to vote for either of them.

    Real standout is Marrack who has been flying under the radar and has said nothing of substance. I can't recall of this is his usual playstyle. I'd be inclined to vote him, but then I'd be concerned that he would be an easy lynch and that there would be no pushback, which would make him actually town and thus a mistake to vote, so that would bring me back to Krayzy and Graeham...

  19. #259
    The thing is both krayzy and grae have both made weird errors of backtracking what they say

    i can admit ive been a lil laidback today its the longweekend here in canada so ive been enjoying it for the most part

    Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

  20. #260
    Field Marshal Krayzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idaho, PotatoLandUSA
    Posts
    56
    I'd love for you to point out where I have backtracked on anything I've said.

    I'm highly skeptical that Graeham is just a regular VT as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •