Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Real standout is Marrack who has been flying under the radar and has said nothing of substance. I can't recall of this is his usual playstyle.
    To be fair, Ive altered my playstyle. And I didnt fluff D1 as I have in the past.

As far as nothing of substance, we can say that about most the people playing, including you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I'm highly skeptical that Graeham is just a regular VT as well.
    Well, that's what I am to the best of my knowledge.

Barring any shenanigans, it's my best guess. My role is 'Town' which I assume is the equivalent of a VT...

I mean wouldnt all the scum claim that tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    I mean wouldnt all the scum claim that tho?
    Probably? I dunno. Informing people of my role is all I have to offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is some info on why I question the regular VT claim. I am a VT but not a regular VT. I have a bit of power.

Now I guess it's possible I was given my role to help balance the game a little. Not sure.

I will refrain from discussing rolecards too much since people got mad at me for breaking the spirit of the rule/game last time I did that, so I will just say that I believe that there are regular VTs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I will refrain from discussing rolecards too much since people got mad at me for breaking the spirit of the rule/game last time I did that, so I will just say that I believe that there are regular VTs.
    Fair enough.

He got in a argument with the mod and it was glorious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    He got in a argument with the mod and it was glorious
    Did he copy / paste his role card?

Did he copy / paste his role card?
    No he just started talking direct terms

- - - Updated - - -

I believe the context was his win con how it was spent

- - - Updated - - -

Spelt***

Spell8ng is hard

Still trying to figure out who to lynch. Random thoughts:

• Cereal - mod confirmed town
    • Val - obviously not voting for myself right now
    • Claws - slight lean trust
    • Lemon - easy lynch, can't tell her alignment. Might be a good idea to save her for later. Biggest concern is that if she is town and makes it to the very end of the game and there are 3 players left, sure the other town player could probably deduce who is town, but whether or not LDG votes with town is up in the air.

That leaves three potential targets for today (unless we want to no-lynch but I don't see why we would):

Grae
    Marack
    Krayzy

I'm indifferent towards all three, guess I'll just take a shot in the dark and hope I hit (probably won't).

Graeham self-voting is interesting. He didn't even have any votes on him. He's been playing for many years so I'd imagine he wouldn't really be bothered by this. Getting nabbed or the first dozen or two dozen games is frustrating, but you get used to it. Town getting misread and mislynched for flimsy reasons (if any at all) is just the nature of MMO-C mafia. My life doesn't revolve around forum mafia, so getting yeeted is meh to me. I just do something else. I only get super "edge of my seat" invested if I've made it to the very end of a game. Or maybe that's just me. Maybe he's having a bad day. One explanation could be that he's scum and LDG is his buddy and he feels he has little hope of winning the game. I'm not confident in voting him over the other two ATM. Also I'm biased towards Graeham so I'm hesitant to vote him.

One option that could help us would be for Krayzy to straight up claim what his role is. If we believe him then that could narrow down the lynching pool. That would be risky (and maybe stupid), though.

That's all I got.

- - - Updated - - -

Doing more rereading

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I have reread the entire thread.

I'm open to the idea that Cereal is scum. Not sold on it mind you, just open to it. I had initially dismissed it, but Cereal's behavior can read as scummy.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    So, we betting on any bastard mechanics or not? Or thinking nice and easy basic game?
    I'm going to ignore the discussion on whether or not this is infact a bastard game, since that is pretty irrelevant. The rules in the OP says that there may or may not be bastard elements, so whatever. Assume that it is. I'm looking at Cereal's post from the perspective of Cereal's intent, which could be to set the stage for the convoluted play that could come later. If Cereal was part of a scum team and was aware the they had the power to get the mod to say whatever they wanted, then he could have been setting up for that to get him out of trouble. It is notable that Cereal didn't say this until over halfway through D1, long after the scum team could have been online and could have agreed to this plan.

On D1, Cereal votes Mazer. Why do this? If you haven't played many games with him and are unsure of him, and you are a cop, you could just go after someone else you do have reads on and just use your investigate to clear the uncertainty in your mind. But he did claim to be going after Mazer for revenge for a prior game, so that could just be it.

Then you have this:

So outside of Canadians who are obviously valid choices to yeet, anyone get any specific feelings about people? I know it’s not a ton of posts but let’s actually use this time to discuss instead of yolo
    This comes off as strange, given how much Cereal had been focusing on Mazer. Almost as if Cereal saw that people weren't moving onto Mazer, and was looking to see if there were alternative trains he could switch to if need be?

Okay, so let's assume Mazer is scum and that my results aren't shit.

Anyone else stand out? Obviously Val does, but it really can go 50/50.
    Again, could be trying to find other lynches to push the next day or if the Mazer push goes nowhere.

After Cereal was mod-confirmed, Cereal claimed he didn't do it. So... someone else did? I see no reason why scum would mod-confirm a cop that isn't on their team. I struggle to see why a town player would take the chance and waste their power on a player who just got the doc lynched. As Cereal said, paranoid cops haven't been seen around these parts in recent memory. I doubt a town player would seriously consider Cereal could be one and use their power on him. Most of the players yesterday agreed to lynch Cereal the next day if Mazer did flip red. So there is a good chance that the "mod confirm" could have been a memo written by scum. We have seen player's personal messages publicly posted in the game thread by mods before, though it was way back when (I think in one of the Uggor, Danner, or Robo games). Not sure how familiar Foxxie would have been with the idea but I wouldn't say its too far fetched.

That being said, this could just be a series of unfortunate coincidences.

---

I don't think Marack has pushed anyone this entire game. Feels like scum waiting on the sidelines for a safe, popular option to latch on to.

- - - Updated - - -

Bah. Can't wait around forever. Someone has to put their foot in the trap and get the ball rolling.

Vote Cereal

10+ Year Old Account
    /shakes head

So you're saying that a scum came out of nowhere on day two and claimed the cop role for no apparent reason? A role that has not been counter claimed, so we know for a fact that there is no cop in game. That's one hell of a risk to take for no reason at all.

Your theory would make more sense if Cereal claimed a role that isn't in most games.

If scum had the ability to get Foxxie to post a message/"mod confirm" Cereal, then any cop-counterclaims aren't too much of a threat. In fact, they would probably hope that if there was a real cop, that he would counterclaim. Then scum could have "mod confirmed" Cereal on D2 as "the real cop", and get the real cop lynched. When he flips blue, Cereal would still have a measure of protection due to the prior day's mod confirmation.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mod confirmation of a role would be a good clear. The fact that there is no other cop is what makes this hard to believe.

Also, mod confirming in a game with only one scum faction would be insanely OP for scum. If scum had that role then Cereal could have claimed a much safer role like tracker which would have still got Mazer lynched.

The mod confirmation of a role would be a good clear. The fact that there is no other cop is what makes this hard to believe.

Also, mod confirming in a game with only one scum faction would be insanely OP for scum. If scum had that role then Cereal could have claimed a much safer role like tracker which would have still got Mazer lynched.
    im gunna agree that tracker or watcher even would of been a safer claim in this instant it would be crazy to claim cop exspecting to be countered imo

- - - Updated - - -

how much time left we got anyways? i actually blanked out and thought i was late to the party

10+ Year Old Account
    We have 22 1/2 hours or so.

3+ Year Old Account
    Here is some info on why I question the regular VT claim. I am a VT but not a regular VT. I have a bit of power.

Now I guess it's possible I was given my role to help balance the game a little. Not sure.

Are you a Cop plz no lynch?

Or a Doc?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

lol beer does that to me i just lost track of everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    Are you a Cop plz no lynch?

Or a Doc?
    If I was a cop I would have called out Cereal.

Our doc died last night.

Unvote
    Vote: Cereal

I keep going around in circles but inevitably come back to this. The title of the game is 'Trust Me' and it's a confirmed bastard game. Whether that's due to Cereal legitimately being a paranoid cop or a scum role with the ability to misdirect through the mod? I don't know.

I really think the key behind this game is to avoid taking anything at face value.

There's a lot of little things that just don't add up that I wish I could explain better beyond 'gut feel' but despite liking bastard games Foxxi is usually pretty good at balancing things.

We know that Loaf was the town doctor, for example. That's a role in game to help mitigate night kills. With a paranoid cop in play, Loaf could have been targeted on night one by the paranoid cop and eliminated with a false accusation the day after. Cereal having a mod confirmation doesn't really help town, does it? Putting aside the unfortunate fact that we did lose our doctor on the second night, I just don't see how Cereal's role aligns with everything else.

I think Cereal is part of a serial killer duo and we're not dealing with a regular scum team at all. That this is all just some clever attempt at a ballsy play.