• I am Alliance and changing to Horde

17 7.23%
  • I am Horde and changing to Alliance

12 5.11%
  • I am Alliance and remaining Alliance

104 44.26%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gonna get worse when you can go Tauren Mages/Rogues/Priests when most pvp'er will jump on the cow train. I play both factions so can't really vote on the poll.

Blizzard: *introduces cross faction playing to reduce the need to go Horde for raiding*

Alliance Players: "Finally! Now I can play Horde!"

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeta View Post
    Blizzard: *introduces cross faction playing to reduce the need to go Horde for raiding*

Alliance Players: "Finally! Now I can play Horde!"
    They are doing the absolute bare minimum. You can manually invite a cross faction person to your raid.
    This won't meaningfully change the exodus from Alliance to Horde because if you want to actually join a guild you still need to change faction.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

We told Blizzard for Years to remove Racial Spells

They didnt listen

We told Blizzard for Years that Players will move to the other Faction

They didnt listen

I mean. Fuck them at this Point ? Ignoring your Playerbase for Years because you are busy sexually harassing your Workers instead of making sure your Cash Cow keeps going

Faction Change cost are also a big fucking Joke at this Point. It should not cost more than 5-10$ / €

7+ Year Old Account
    The only way to fix it now would be to let the factions group up, be in the same guild, remove mob tagging and stuff like that.

Then give everyone that wants one a free faction change.

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    We told Blizzard for Years to remove Racial Spells

They didnt listen
    Except they did change the racial to Blood Elves so that it doesn't silence them. Maybe instead they should target which racials are the crucial ones to change so that there isn't a faction imbalance.... Like the Troll racial which is basically a mini bloodlust they can use every 2 seconds. Haste is one of the most powerful stats in the game and that anyone with high enough Haste can really outperform anything and become unstoppable. There is also the damage boost ability for Orcs which instead should be more like "increased MELEE damage" rather than "ALL damage"

3+ Year Old Account
    As I see it, this is faction equivalent to how servers have been. In the early days, a good chunk of servers had at least a reasonable degree of activity within them, and as time went by, people started abandoning dying servers in order to join higher-population servers. Years of this has resulted in a relative handful of large servers and a significantly higher number of dead servers. From a factional standpoint, Alliance-Horde had a pretty decent split, but as years went by, more people went to Horde, because they were the more active faction in all levels of gameplay, which created a game-wide factional "brain drain". Cross-faction play should help slow this down, but it likely won't stop it wholesale, unless they effectively make factions completely meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Except they did change the racial to Blood Elves so that it doesn't silence them. Maybe instead they should target which racials are the crucial ones to change so that there isn't a faction imbalance.... Like the Troll racial which is basically a mini bloodlust they can use every 2 seconds. Haste is one of the most powerful stats in the game and that anyone with high enough Haste can really outperform anything and become unstoppable. There is also the damage boost ability for Orcs which instead should be more like "increased MELEE damage" rather than "ALL damage"
    Though to be fair, they did change the Blood Elves racial to a dispell during a raid tier in which dispells have been particularily strong and useful.

They need to make cross-faction guilds. Then it won't matter.

Factions are a barrier to enjoyment for this game. They serve no real purpose. You can tell the story and let people do whatever they want simultaneously

From a PVE point of view there isn't a point in two factions. Its better to have a single big bunch of possible raiders than to split them. Unless you behave draconian to enforce balance there's never really going to be good balance.

The only way to fix 'faction imbalance' is to get rid of factions.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Way too late to fix it, Cross Faction is a band aid. Horde has had superior racials for Raids (Trolls - ToT + Beasts + Jaina Mythic, Orc with Blood Fury, Goblin Leap for ToS Mythic KJ), PVP (War Stomp, Will of the Forsaken and Orc stun reduction (Orc Race Master Race)) and Dungeons (Blood Elf AoE Silence). The only thing I think which was considered OP was Dwarf Racial going into Castle Nathria and that was made irrelevant. Human Racial used to be really good but right now I think it's average at best for PVP, Nelf is still good for Rogues/Druids.

I've complained about PVP Battlegrounds for a while, you often notice similar names at points in the day which makes me think things are limited. My own experience has usually been Horde players having more gear and tactical awareness compared to Alliance players.

I don't really see much downsides to Horde. Biggest issue is probably Battleground queue timers, but you can go mercenary if you want quicker queues.

Looking at numbers from Wowprogress shows 2 larger Alliance English EU servers, Silvermoon (22k) and Ravencrest (12k). On Horde side you have 5, Draenor and Kazzak (25/21k), Tarren Mill and Twisting Nether (19.5k) then Ragnaros (12k). From a very brief adding up of all Alliance players on EU English realms, there are more Horde on the Top 5 Servers than there are Alliance in total. Not gonna say these number are accurate, but I think that's not a good sign.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The Horde is what is unique about WoW. Not other game lets you play as the warmongering savages, or as beastmen, or as undead who are crafting a plague to wipe out all life on Azeroth, or sinister elves who suck the lifeforce out of their victims. The Horde has all of the cool races.
    Everquest, Aion, the entire Elder scrolls franchise, the Warhammer franchise, The Overlord franchise, almost any fighting game ever. Halo let you play as Elites. I mean... I can keep going with games that let you play as morally neutral/evil and non-human characters, or that the main character is definitely not human nor necessarily "good".

If we keep it to MMORPG's, Everquest had the opposite problem where the "good" races had a much higher representation. Not many people were lining up to play Trolls, Frogloks, Ogres, or Iksar. Really the only evil race that had any reasonable representation were dark elves.

People pick their character for many reasons, and traditionally evil aesthetics is probably not even a plurality, let alone the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Way too late to fix it, Cross Faction is a band aid. Horde has had superior racials for Raids (Trolls - ToT + Beasts + Jaina Mythic, Orc with Blood Fury, Goblin Leap for ToS Mythic KJ), PVP (War Stomp, Will of the Forsaken and Orc stun reduction (Orc Race Master Race)) and Dungeons (Blood Elf AoE Silence). The only thing I think which was considered OP was Dwarf Racial going into Castle Nathria and that was made irrelevant. Human Racial used to be really good but right now I think it's average at best for PVP, Nelf is still good for Rogues/Druids.
    If it is really an issue with racials, why not just rework racials so that they're on an even playing field instead of having to remove the factions? It seems way more cost effective just to rework them. They did it before with Dwarves and they did it for Blood Elves by removing the silence and instead just removing a beneficial buff from an enemy. Or if you're gonna remove racials, remove the ones that actually effects player power whereas stuff like Worgen being able to skin faster, or Night Elves having increased Herbalism skills, or Void Elves having 50% off Transmog and Void storage can be kept.

Faction inbalance stopped being about racials or anything of that since Legion. Its now purely inertia where if your on Horde you have access to many many more possible people to play and group with compared to Alliance.
    If your an Alliance guild struggling to find players the obvious and likely correct choice is to switch to Horde.

Removing racials will not change this, the pendulum has swung way way to far. Even imbalancing the racials the other way is unlikely to be a short term fix since outside of the very very top, no one else is going to switch because its not worth losing access to the giant Horde player pool.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    ToT and SoO were good for trolls, their racial at the time gave them bonus damage to beasts, so they rocked on bosses like Horridon and the entire middle third of ToT, and Thok.
    Weren't they also bis for Jaina in Dazar'aøor because the Voodoo Shuffle racial did some shenanigans with the duration of her slow?

If they offered free faction changes I would swap every character I have to Alliance. It's a shame they don't give a shit though.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    No. The issue with Faction War was that it DIDN'T focus on the Alliance and Horde. Most of it was focused squarely about Sylvanas and how there are those rebelling against her for pushing this war in the first place. So a lot of the Horde got focused, and even had a whole questline where they had to free Baine from the underground area below Orgrimmar. The Alliance didn't get jack other than, "Oh hey, Derek Proudmoore is now an undead forsaken!" and has this really short reunion with Jaina..

Then there's also the questlines where you had to choose to be with Saurfang or be a Sylvanas loyalist, but sadly nothing like that for the Alliance. So again, they got shafted in terms of the lore in BfA. The only thing that was somewhat close to the Alliance being heavily involved was in Mechagon.

You think Teldrassil is the big elephant in the room? Theramore is still a giant crater after Garrosh had them drop a mana bomb, and Garrosh decided to divert attention by trying to conquer Pandaria. BfA was less of a faction war and more of a Horde Civil War with the Alliance pouncing at the opportunity to retake lost territory in the Eastern Kingdoms. (Which according to the Mission Table reports, they did. Which is an even bigger slap to the face that these moments are all happening in the mission table stuff.)

Stormgarde, Hillsbrad (aka the Sludge Fields), Southshore (now restored), Silverpine and Fenris Isle... all are now under Alliance occupation. Even Darkshore was retaken. AND THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYER BASE DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT THIS It's not the issue of it being a faction war, it was the fact that the Horde got way more screen time than the Alliance.
    I would gladly trade the screen time over considering the quality...

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    According to several sources, the faction imbalance on both retail and classic is at an all-time high. The active player-base makes up of 80% Horde and 20% Alliance and is dropping even lower. Several Alliance dominated servers are seeing a growth in Horde population and a decrease in theirs as many people faction change their characters. Cross-faction raiding and dungeoning comes in 9.2.5 but will it even be enough to stop the numbers? It's a huge no from me. Perhaps it is time to remove the factions entirely from the gameplay and just keep them incorporated in the story to have faction pride available. You also should be able to use 'war mode' and choose a faction to support but this would easily be abused.

At this point, the game is 18 years old. What can be done at this point?
    This is not new, this has been a problem forever. The statistics that people are reporting from is going off Hall of Fame and HoF Horde has always closed with Alliance being sub 20 guilds. This is NOT NEW.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Cross-faction raiding and dungeoning comes in 9.2.5 but will it even be enough to stop the numbers?
    No, because Blizzard, as always, is leaving the most necessary Cross-faction feature behind, guilds. Without guilds, people will be unable to do Mythic raids, which caused the imbalance in the first place.

This Cross-Faction feature coming in 9.2.5 is nothing but false advertising. It'll only be enabled for content that hasn't caused the imbalance in the first place, and to make matters worse, when asked about cross-faction guilds in recent interviews, they either dodge the question or said they still have no plans for it.

I think the reason behind it still falls down to faction bias, they don't wanna see RWF guilds showing Alliance races, or Raider.IO displaying yellow guilds.