Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Fated items and quests in 9.2.5

Oh great! New vendors in 9.2.5. Thats a good start. But.. they only give items for a currency you may get from.. organized raids? I mean.. Blizzard. Ion. That could have been your chance to give millions of casual gamers back valor points from quests and matchmade dungeons to buy items from vendors. But you seem to believe it needs another set of vendors that give additional items to a few organized raiders only. Yeah, Blizzard, that kind of elitism and gate keeping is what made your players quit in early Shadowlands. I am sure you guys actually know exactly what your *) players want.

Good riddance, ion. With guys like you i have no hope at all Dragonflight will be any different.

*) "Your" players as like in "your favourite" players, which means "premade group raid players and noone else"

yes cause lfr is organized raiding

This vendor is designed as a bad luck protection for raiders where classes that want a certain piece can achieve it on a timeframe and only 3 of those items from said vendor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    way to response after first word before waiting for me to actualy finish...

I don't mean to sound elitist (really, I don't) but... if you're never doing organized raids what do you need organized raid level gear for?

I get that a way to gear up FOR organized raids in some alternative fashion might be nice, but if that's not the goal then... why do you need better gear?

Isn't it okay to have people who do more difficult content have better gear, and people who do lower-difficulty content have lower gear? If you're not crossing from one to other, what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    This vendor is designed as a bad luck protection for raiders where classes that want a certain piece can achieve it on a timeframe and only 3 of those items from said vendor.
    Oh yeah, and why add vendors for million of players if you actaually can add vendors for thousands.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    what do you need organized raid level gear for?
    Ever heard of M+? or pvp?
    They've both been out a while but maybe you missed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    yes cause lfr is organized raiding
    Fated raids do not seem to be available on LFR, or are they? And beside that, is there anyone who likes to play LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Oh great! New vendors in 9.2.5. Thats a good start. But.. they only give items for a currency you may get from.. organized raids? I mean.. Blizzard. Ion. That could have been your chance to give millions of casual gamers back valor points from quests and matchmade dungeons to buy items from vendors. But you seem to believe it needs another set of vendors that give additional items to a few organized raiders only. Yeah, Blizzard, that kind of elitism and gate keeping is what made your players quit in early Shadowlands. I am sure you guys actually know exactly what your *) players want.

Good riddance, ion. With guys like you i have no hope at all Dragonflight will be any different.

*) "Your" players as like in "your favourite" players, which means "premade group raid players and noone else"
    You're the most annoying whiner on this forum. Quit already, crybaby.

Fated raids do not seem to be available on LFR, or are they? And beside that, is there anyone who likes to play LFR?
    they are available and you can also progress your quest with lfr bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    they are available and you can also progress your quest with lfr bosses
    That still does not answer the second part of my question. Is there anyone who really likes the LFR feature with hour long queue times and a toxic random group composition?

And why are those vendors limited to raids in general? Why not adding the ability to gain something like valor points in world quests and matchmade dungeons and buy items from those vendors?

Oh yeah, and why add vendors for million of players if you actaually can add vendors for thousands.
    What do you want? If you want raid level gear, just do the raid.

That still does not answer the second part of my question. Is there anyone who really likes the LFR feature with hour long queue times and a toxic random group composition?

And why are those vendors limited to raids in general? Why not adding the ability to gain something like valor points in world quests and matchmade dungeons and buy items from those vendors?
    Not sure what kind of answer you are looking for here, unless you just baiting? Blizzard didn't say why and none of us works for Blizzard. So any answer beyond "because Blizzard wanted it this way" at best would be speculation. And yeah, LFR is terrible most of the time, but it's only 6 weeks of LFR to get your guaranteed 3 pieces of normal ilvl gear so its not that bad.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Glazey View Post
    What do you want? If you want raid level gear, just do the raid.
    Gate keeping is one of the big problems in WoW. Well, and elitism. Every different gameplay should offer a dedicated progression path. Including the ability to work for better gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Not sure what kind of answer you are looking for here, unless you just baiting? Blizzard didn't say why and none of us works for Blizzard.
    I did not assume you do? All i wonder is why blizzard adds 3 (!) new vendors for premade group players. While there are no valor point vendors for casual gamers yet. Nothing outside of mythic+ and raids give gear progression in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    And yeah, LFR is terrible most of the time, but it's only 6 weeks of LFR to get your guaranteed 3 pieces of normal ilvl gear so its not that bad.
    I play games for fun. If the gameplay sucks, i do not play it. No matter if it yields gear.

Gate keeping is one of the big problems in WoW.
    You call it gatekeeping, we call it the game has rules and if you want the reward you have to do the content. Do you demand overtime pay from your boss you didn't work? Do you demand the trophy for the chess tournament you didn't participate in?

And we've been through this before. Soloers have a progression path. It's shorter than the one for pvp, keys, and raids, but it does exist. And imo it should be shorter in a multi person game.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Both which have guaranteed loot and while m+ has the vault like raiding m+ is also infinitely runnable. So if you only do one of those, tough luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    You will get your gear doing that, though?
    M+ is already a easy source of gear. Way better than raids. No need to buff it further.

I did not assume you do? All i wonder is why blizzard adds 3 (!) new vendors for premade group players. While there are no valor point vendors for casual gamers yet. Nothing outside of mythic+ and raids give gear progression in WoW.

Here's your mistake, though clearly not the first you've made.

You can be casual and do M+ and raid beyond LFR. I raid with my group two times a week, period. We don't extend, we don't push, we raid two nights a week, 3 hours each. We've recently cleared Heroic Anduin. I have KSM and are pushing +19s (which is awesome for my group). Nothing about what we do is even remotely hardcore, but you want to shoehorn everyone who does ANY sort of group content as 'Not casual'?

The absolute fuck?

If this is a troll, it's trash tier.

If you actually think like this, there are plenty of single player games you can play with all the stuff you're looking for, seeing as this is a M(assively) M(ultiplayer) O(nline) game.

This isn't even a case of 'getting good', it's wanting to be handed gear well outside your actual need for it (just so you can feel powerful oneshotting outdoor mobs that barely offer any sort of resistance).
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Always amusing when people post crap like this, given that the rest of us know they'll be here in a year whining about something in the next expansion. Almost as amusing as people assuming that their particular pet issue is so very important to "millions of players."

But yes, if you want raid gear, you're going to have to raid to get it. /surprisedPikachu

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Both which have guaranteed loot and while m+ has the vault like raiding m+ is also infinitely runnable. So if you only do one of those, tough luck.
    Cool, can you point me to where OWS drops in 5man? love to get it since it's bis.

Also no idea what yout point is since he asked where outside of raids you'd need organized raid gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Gate keeping is one of the big problems in WoW. Well, and elitism. Every different gameplay should offer a dedicated progression path. Including the ability to work for better gear.
    There is already been a progression path for awhile and there is always a end to it. Solo gets you so far, then group content will give you the highest of the patch.
    Last edited by Glazey; 2022-05-16 at 12:22 AM.