Questions to the devs about Dragonflight

These are my questions i would want to ask:

1.) Do you have to play mythic+ to be able to craft mythic+ quality items or raids to be able to craft raid quality items in Dragonflight on your own? Do you think about adding an upgrade materials feature, where you may turn 1000 low quality crafting items into 1 high quality crafting item?

2.) What replacement will we get in Dragonflight for Torghast, Islands or Warfronts?

3.) If there is any gearing progression outside of dungeons and raids, will it be locked behind time gated renown progress?

4.) How will dragonflying progress? By farming dragon food? Time gated points? Will it be locked by renown progress and time gated?

5.) Will there still be honor pvp vendors?`

6.) How wlll you get crafting mats for pvp items? By looting enemy corpses? Buying them for honor?

7.) Will valor points and gear vendors from world quests and matchmade dungeons make a return in Dragonflight?

And yours?

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post

1.) Do you have to play mythic+ to be able to craft mythic+ quality items or raids to be able to craft raid quality items in Dragonflight on your own? Do you think about adding an upgrade materials feature, where you may turn 1000 low quality crafting items into 1 high quality crafting item?

2.) What replacement will we get in Dragonflight for Torghast, Islands or Warfronts?

3.) If there is any gearing progression outside of dungeons and raids, will it be locked behind time gated renown progress?

4.) How will dragonflying progress? By farming dragon food? Time gated points? Will it be locked by renown progress and time gated?

6.) How wlll you get crafting mats for pvp items? By looting enemy corpses? Buying them for honor?

7.) Will valor points and gear vendors from world quests and matchmade dungeons make a return in Dragonflight?

And yours?
    Uhm, I think number 6 will be like the old days, general crafting items (with the option of making additional changes like the new system displays), as the basic PvP set/starter set with PvE profile attached, is to be crafted. And I believe that the basic PvP gear from crafting might make honor vendors redundant, leaving valor vendors for larger upgrades?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm, I think number 6 will be like the old days, general crafting items (with the option of making additional changes like the new system displays), as the basic PvP set/starter set with PvE profile attached, is to be crafted. And I believe that the basic PvP gear from crafting might make honor vendors redundant, leaving valor vendors for larger upgrades?
    No? Because you could upgrade honor gear as well. Honor vendors were extremely popular in Shadowlands. Does blizzard really remove the last casual gamer gear progression from WoW in Dragonflight?

And do you want to tell me pvp players have to farm mats in pve to be able to get pvp gear?
    Last edited by cantrip; 2022-05-15 at 07:25 PM.

No? Because you could upgrade honor gear as well. Honor vendors were extremely popular in Shadowlands. Does blizzard really remove the last casual gamer gear progression from WoW in Dragonflight?

And do you want to tell me pvp players have to farm mats in pve to be able to get pvp gear?
    They literally gave the player the freedom to create their PvP gear, which if I recall, can be upgraded, as well as hold a PvE template. I'm not saying a vendor might not happen, but it feels like they are trying to bring starter gear into the hands of crafting as it should be.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Are you for real? (By the standards of this forum) casual gamers are the ones who never do anything that involves other players. That includes pvp. So (by the standards of this forum) you're a hardcore gamer.

Also, on topic: you should be asking your question on the official forum instead.

They literally gave the player the freedom to create their PvP gear, which if I recall, can be upgraded, as well as hold a PvE template. I'm not saying a vendor might not happen, but it feels like they are trying to bring starter gear into the hands of crafting as it should be.
    Well, there simply should be both. Gear you might craft, and gear you get from honor. And both upgradable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Are you for real? (By the standards of this forum) casual gamers are the ones who never do anything that involves other players.
    Casual only means "playing on occassion", there is nothing about "never playing matchmade group gameplay" in that definition.

That includes pvp. So (by the standards of this forum) you're a hardcore gamer.
    Sure i was, i played arena up to a 2k rating. But i talk about content for casual gamers. And really, i liked to play normal bgs with alts, and to gear them in that content. Every main-hardcore gamer also often playes alts casually, and rarely does want to take the whole progression ladder with them as well.

Also, on topic: you should be asking your question on the official forum instead.
    The devs read mmoc as well.

Scarab Lord
    [Citation needed]

Seriously though, what makes you think that?
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    [Citation needed]

Seriously though, what makes you think that?
    Multiple blue accounts connected to MMO-champion? We know a few but we know that they do sniff around, whether we believe it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, there simply should be both. Gear you might craft, and gear you get from honor. And both upgradable.
    I don't mind the starting gear being crafted, they tend to be cheap and easy to make. Then you go on the field and earn better gear or upgrades.

Casual only means "playing on occassion", there is nothing about "never playing matchmade group gameplay" in that definition.
    Everyone has his own definition of casual, that is why I said "by the standards of this forum". Me personally, I think low-to-mid end mythic raiders can be casual too. What this forum thinks of what casual means is what I said in my other post.

Sure i was, i played arena up to a 2k rating. But i talk about content for casual gamers. And really, i liked to play normal bgs with alts, and to gear them in that content. Every main-hardcore gamer also often playes alts casually, and rarely does want to take the whole progression ladder with them as well.
    Yeah, I will repeat myself. By the standards of this forum (which is NOT MY OPINION!), any content that involves other players in any way makes that piece of content "not casual" or "hardcore".
    Here, in this cesspool of a forum, if you do anything but leveling, pet battles and legacy raids, you will be called a hardcore player.

This statement was made at least 7 years ago. Who knows if this is still true. However, on the official forums, you might actually get your questions answered by those who you want to get answers from.

And yours?
    Not 100% on these so feel free to correct if I missed something, but this is what I've gathered:

1. They've been talking about special items dropping from high-level content that are required to craft gear of that quality, so I'd imagine this will be the case somewhat. I haven't heard about an upgrade feature though, it might be cool but I see it as unlikely for the time being

2. I believe Ion said directly that there will be no gamemode like Torghast, Islands, Warfronts, etc. and that they're focusing on improving the base game for DF

3. Great question, they've strongly suggested that high-end gear will be available in the open world and also said there will be a renown-esque system for reputations, but they haven't given many specifics and been very vague when pressed about it so this is definitely something to keep an eye on

4. Another good question, I'd imagine it'd be similar to artifacts or renown in that it's just a basic open-world grind, but they haven't said anything official about it

5. I haven't been paying close attention but I believe they said they're looking to do a WoD-style pvp gearing system in DF, so this will probably be the case

6. I'd be surprised if they have any crossover between pvp and crafting, I haven't heard any mention of this by the devs

7. Though this could be cool, I haven't heard it mentioned so far. Still a possibility, but probably on the less likely side

If casuals can get heroic or mythic raid level gear without actually doing premade group content I'm not playing, that'll kill the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    If casuals can get heroic or mythic raid level gear without actually doing premade group content I'm not playing, that'll kill the game.
    Why? Beside elitism and gate keeping i see no reason two months of continued crafting should not yield mythic+ quality gear.

In the end it is all about the effort. And crafting could be a task where you had to invest a lot of effort.

Beside that, Blizzard still could drop better gear from mythic raids if the few special snowflakes who insist on their elite ilevel justify it from the point of view of the developers.
    Last edited by cantrip; 2022-05-15 at 09:41 PM.

They can? Depending on how you see the term casual/hardcore? Some see it as time invested (Weekly played time), others see it depending on the amount of content (completionists), and some others see it by difficulty (content progression). I see casual/hardcore by time invested, and thus, a casual player can achieve mythic loot?

Though, as it sounds like from the devs, there's nothing stating that you can just reach your worries of mythic/heroic gear without actually making progress within said content, but instead, you can get the basic starter set, and climb from there.

Quote Originally Posted by rybat117 View Post
    Not 100% on these so feel free to correct if I missed something, but this is what I've gathered:

...Snip...
    From the things that i read about - followed up to this point i believe that this is quite accurate reply.

Though, as it sounds like from the devs, there's nothing stating that you can just reach your worries of mythic/heroic gear without actually making progress within said content, but instead, you can get the basic starter set, and climb from there.
    From what i read so far and my understanding so far this also sounds quite accurate.
    You will be able to get starter set easily, however to climb up, from my understanding, you will have to at least do relevant content to some extend.
    By casually doing the content you will be able to eventually hit the high mark, tho at slower pace from that of a "more serious players."
    From my understanding, DF will be all about giving everybody everything and options to get there at their own pace.
    OFC with Blizz pinch of salt.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2022-05-15 at 10:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

No it won't, as long as it takes longer to craft them than running a raid (until the content is not relevant of course).
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

- The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

Can those new 'Cosmetic' click-to-learn tokens just replace all the transmog tokens in the future, be bought and learned by any class?

Like, the ones in Korthia are great, anyone can learn those shoulders, and they drop for anyone. Some treasures in ZM also have similar stuff. But at that point, when you can learn a wand mog on a Rogue from a PvP Arsenal token, it seems like it'd make things better for players if you could just get mogs your class can't normally use through those tokens, just to unlock stuff for your alts.

Basically, so we don't have to farm things on specific classes for specific mogs. Not for actual gear, just those tokens. And also backdate it so we can buy all the Path of Ascension transmogs on one character after doing all the achievements instead of needing to do the whole thing four times

Islands would have been so much better if all those collectables were one-time cosmetic tokens any class could learn.. eliminate the dupes