Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Furries been painted with a broadbrush

Like the guy here said that furries can adopt a new character.
    I can see the mental gymnastics in action.

'SO can't come because they're banned.'

*SO creates new fursona/fursuit, lies about name, proceeds to do more illegal activities that granted them SO status*

*Shocked pikachu face*

That almost sounds like how the Catholic Church in the past used to cover up for SO's and moved the priest to a different church, or how people protected Jerry Sandusky, or Jefferey Epstein.

The actions of a few, don't mean every furry is like that.

Furries i know hate people like that.

Infracted
    Last edited by CerealLord; 2022-05-15 at 01:05 PM.

You by your own admission have fucked stuffed animals. I would not trust you alone in a room with an animal. You are half way to becoming a full blown zoophile if you aren't one already. If you have animals of your own you should immediately be investigate for animal abuse.\

Infracted
    Last edited by CerealLord; 2022-05-15 at 01:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    The thing is that, what non-furries hear about furries is most often related to the worst parts of that community. And I don't know if there's some sort of statistically significant overlap but it seems like a lot of furry art also incorporates a lot of very... let's call them niche fetishes-- like expansion, inflation, immobility, diapers and what-have-you. So there's more likely than not a significant part of sexual deviancy, that "normal people" would-- when already having to deal with the whole fur suit and anthropomorphic animal thing-- often translate into revulsion.

And let's be honest, I think most people find those fur suits to be uncanny and creepy. Most that I've seen is reminiscent of cringey suits you see on kids shows, with those big eyes and stupid, locked smiles. People already dislike masks because they hide the wearers true intentions. When you see a full body fursuit you don't know if there's just an awkward 19 year old kid in there who wants to express himself, or a 40 year old greasy man who hasn't got any clothes on, walking around trying to press his hardon against other patrons.

I don't particularly care about furries, they can enjoy whatever they want as long as it's not illegal, and I don't kink shame because I think everyone has some of those. I've heard of a lot stranger things to people to want to put their d**ks into or shove up their this or that than stuffed animals and art of sexualized foxes with boobs. But I have a hard time believing that there isn't any statistically significant amount of, for the sake of making a point, "sick" people among them compared to the population as a whole. Just like I can't imagine that there isn't a significant amount of creeps and pedophiles amóng people who love anime lolis. Doesn't mean a clear majority of people that enjoy that sort of art and manga can't do so without having sexual desires towards kids. I think most people that likes some sort of niche art or content knows what I'm getting at.

It's just that the furry fandom creates a perfect storm of being ostracized because even the "innocent" parts of the fandom is probably seen as weird by most people. Anthro is kinda weird. Making animal sounds is weird. Hell, roleplaying at all is a bit weird. And most people don't really get the "sexy anime wolf man" art, you know. And as I mentioned earlier, those fur suits aren't helping things either, the whole uncanny/mask thing. In short, furries get represented by the very worst among them, and the rest are seen as sexual deviants, cringey and awkward at best.

All that being said, it sometimes feel like furries are treated online like gay people in the 50s or something, where there's so much instant hostility and ostracization that peoples kneejerk reaction whenever the word comes up is instant "social cue" revulsion that it's more akin to a verbal mob attack. It's a bit like when the ball-gagged tight-spandex guys with whips and dog-collars at the pride parades get to represent the entire LGBTQ community.
    And that's not really helpful to anyone.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2022-05-15 at 07:51 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    You by your own admission have fucked stuffed animals. I would not trust you alone in a room with an animal. You are half way to becoming a full blown zoophile if you aren't one already. If you have animals of your own you should immediately be investigate for animal abuse.
    Yeah.. That is a bit.. off.. unless joking..

Furries are basically just a social group of people indulging in the activity of creating and/or roleplaying that of having a character of anthropomorphic (Human-like animals) nature. Just like LARP is a social group of people indulging in the activity of creating and/or roleplaying that of having a character placed in a created narrative (Story/world) fantasy. The first, just have a huge stigma to it, like things of what @Shaqthefat mentioned to have been stated in the previous thread on this topic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah.. That is a bit.. off.. unless joking..

Furries are basically just a social group of people indulging in the activity of creating and/or roleplaying that of having a character of anthropomorphic (Human-like animals) nature. Just like LARP is a social group of people indulging in the activity of creating and/or roleplaying that of having a character placed in a created narrative (Story/world) fantasy. The first, just have a huge stigma to it, like things of what @Shaqthefat mentioned to have been stated in the previous thread on this topic.
    No. Furries are fetish. LARPing is a hobby. Stop comparing the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    No. Furries are fetish. LARPing is a hobby. Stop comparing the two.
    No, what you judge, is a fetish, there are furries that take it up as a created personality in roleplay situations. Are you, or are you not, as a LARP'er, also creating a new character, and taking on a new look/outfit for this role? I sure was, as a LARP'er. A different persona, a different outfit, a different background, a different setting, a method of leaving behind what I am for embracing this fantasy. It is the same thing. You are just too narrow-minded and only look at the stigma instead of the background. Not every furry creation in the world is that of a fetish dream. Sadly, the majority are but there are many that aren't, and of course, the majority is louder than the minority, making people without much experience or knowledge believe that it is just everyone.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-05-15 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Edited at the end.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No, what you judge, is a fetish, there are furries that take it up as a created personality in roleplay situations. Are you, or are you not, as a LARP'er, also creating a new character, and taking on a new look/outfit for this role? I sure was, as a LARP'er. A different persona, a different outfit, a different background, a different setting, a method of leaving behind what I am for embracing this fantasy. It is the same thing. You are just too narrow-minded and only look at the stigma instead of the background. Not every furry creation in the world is that of a fetish dream. Sadly, the majority are but there are many that aren't, and of course, the majority is louder than the minority, making people without much experience or knowledge believe that it is the norm.
    When it's the majority then it IS the norm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    When it's the majority then it IS the norm...
    Ah, true, yeah, sorry.. Changing that.. But still to the part that there are many who aren't embracing it for the fetish.

No, what you judge, is a fetish, there are furries that take it up as a created personality in roleplay situations. Are you, or are you not, as a LARP'er, also creating a new character, and taking on a new look/outfit for this role? I sure was, as a LARP'er. A different persona, a different outfit, a different background, a different setting, a method of leaving behind what I am for embracing this fantasy. It is the same thing. You are just too narrow-minded and only look at the stigma instead of the background. Not every furry creation in the world is that of a fetish dream. Sadly, the majority are but there are many that aren't, and of course, the majority is louder than the minority, making people without much experience or knowledge believe that it is the norm.
    Furries aren't taking on a role. They are fulfilling a fetish. They aren't making a character and roleplaying. Comparing furries to LARP is a false equivalency.

Furries who are absolute degenerates and sexual predators VASTLY outnumber the "decent" furries. But either way if they are getting fursuits, they are engaging a fetish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Furries aren't taking on a role. They are fulfilling a fetish. They aren't making a character and roleplaying. Comparing furries to LARP is a false equivalency.

Furries who are absolute degenerates and sexual predators VASTLY outnumber the "decent" furries. But either way if they are getting fursuits, they are engaging a fetish.
    There are members of the community (the common community of being a furry, not the fetish, or the stigma) of furries that does take on said role and persona, even to the point of joining in on LARP events within this persona. There is nothing of fetish running around in a forest, or creating a personality to assume in roleplay matters. Not every furry is a "degenerate" as you choose to call them, a nicer word than I would've used. Not every fucking furry is all "owo" and going on questionable social gatherings of questionable background and support.

But eh, not many hold much understanding of that community. There are shadows to almost every hobby. And no, I am not supporting it becoming a new you, or fetish, I'm talking about people using the term as they enjoy making said role, said character, said appearance in a world-building attempt.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-05-15 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Edited to be more polite.

I enjoyed Looney Tunes, a bunch of anthropomorphic characters... does that make ME a furry? :V

There are members of the community (the common community of being a furry, not the fetish, or the stigma) of furries that does take on said role and persona, even to the point of joining in on LARP events within this persona. There is nothing of fetish running around in a forest, or creating a personality to assume in roleplay matters. Not every furry is a "degenerate" as you choose to call them, a nicer word than I would've used. Not every fucking furry is all "owo" and going on questionable social gatherings of questionable background and support.

But eh, not many hold much understanding of that community. There are shadows to almost every hobby. And no, I am not supporting it becoming a new you, or fetish, I'm talking about people using the term as they enjoy making said role, said character, said appearance in a world-building attempt.
    ....you clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. That's not how LARPing works. You can't just show up in any costume you feel like. And in the vast majority of LARPs furries are NOT welcome for obvious reasons. So again, stop comparing the two because they are NOTHING alike. The overwhelming majority of people who wear fursuits are typically always on the verge of registering as a sex offender if they haven't already.

My ex is a furry artist. I've talked with them a lot about this subject. Even they agree that the majority of people who wear fursuits are disgusting and it even caused my ex to only associate with that community to do commissions because furries will pay stupid amounts of money for fanart.

Infracted
    Last edited by CerealLord; 2022-05-15 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....you clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. That's not how LARPing works. You can't just show up in any costume you feel like. And in the vast majority of LARPs furries are NOT welcome for obvious reasons. So again, stop comparing the two because they are NOTHING alike. The overwhelming majority of people who wear fursuits are typically always on the verge of registering as a sex offender if they haven't already.
    So, I'm to tell the group I used to be with, that we cannot have anthropomorphic characters in the story? Or is it, that we are to discriminate against the members due to what they call themselves and present themselves at, at LARP events? Brian, within the Minotaur suit (Anthro), is now on the verge of being a sex offender just for having a character connected to an anthropomorphic character aka. a furry?

My ex is a furry artist. I've talked with them a lot about this subject. Even they agree that the majority of people who wear fursuits are disgusting and it even caused my ex to only associate with that community to do commissions because furries will pay stupid amounts of money for fanart.
    Sounds more like your Ex searches out the community of ill reputation for money, not really making that a good standing, worse than a non-fetish furry.

So, I'm to tell the group I used to be with, that we cannot have anthropomorphic characters in the story? Or is it, that we are to discriminate against the members due to what they call themselves and present themselves at, at LARP events? Brian, within the Minotaur suit (Anthro), is now on the verge of being a sex offender just for having a character connected to an anthropomorphic character aka. a furry?

Sounds more like your Ex searches out the community of ill reputation for money, not really making that a good standing, worse than a non-fetish furry.
    Now you're purposely trying to create as wild of a hyperbole as you possibly can. I have never seen a single LARP in the USA that had playable races that would involve an entire fursuit. So it's still a false equivalency. And people in fursuits ARE NOT PLAYING A CHARACTER GENERATED FOR A LARP. THEY ARE PRANCING AROUND IN THEIR VERSION OF FETISH GEAR.

My ex goes where the most money is because it pays the bills. They pick and choose which conventions they go to as in ones that have REALLY tight security. Though they have still been assaulted and harassed by creeps in fursuits. Tell me more about how you don't fucking understand the LARP community OR the furry community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    Like the guy here said that furries can adopt a new character.
    I can see the mental gymnastics in action.

'SO can't come because they're banned.'

*SO creates new fursona/fursuit, lies about name, proceeds to do more illegal activities that granted them SO status*

*Shocked pikachu face*

That almost sounds like how the Catholic Church in the past used to cover up for SO's and moved the priest to a different church, or how people protected Jerry Sandusky, or Jefferey Epstein.

The actions of a few, don't mean every furry is like that.

Furries i know hate people like that.
    You and all furries are a degenerate bunch that need to see a therapist. That is the one broad brush I'll paint you with.

Infracted
    Last edited by CerealLord; 2022-05-15 at 01:41 PM.

Furries are disgusting.

This fact has been brought to you by the rest of humanity who are ultimately sick of your shit and want you to just pack it in.

Quote Originally Posted by ResentfulUK View Post
    Furries are disgusting.

This fact has been brought to you by the rest of humanity who are ultimately sick of your shit and want you to just pack it in.

Damn furries, ruining everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post

Damn furries, ruining everything!
    that's not even what a furry is

Minotaurs aren't really sexualized though. There are mythological creatures which are sexualized, like mermaids, and you bet your ass if someone said they were going to a mermaid convention I'd expect it to be a sex thing. Or a six year old, but crossing those streams makes me very nervous.

The only possible reason I would expect someone to consider fursuits or something like that is if there is some mechanical skill required in making the suits, which I could appreciate but at the end of the day I would associate that more with cosplay than with furries. Cosplay looks like it involves far deeper skills and far more skills than making a fursuit; having to do makeup as well as your outfit alone makes it more technically difficult.

Also yes, you should ban anyone who wants to play a furry race. If I run games I have pretty strict racelists and I'm doubly careful about which furry races are available, usually the only race you can play no questions asked is Human. Even then I'll probably be picky about which ethnicities you can play, but that depends on the setting.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2022-05-15 at 10:36 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck is up with all these weird af furry threads?
    Hi