Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragon shapes/body types you wish you can ride?

We've seen the four shapes/body types you can ride in Dragonflight thus far. What else would you like to see?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    We've seen the four shapes/body types you can ride in Dragonflight thus far. What else would you like to see?
    Could be cool to see an homage to all dragon shapes we have in WoW but I doubt we would see things like Serpents, and Proto-drakes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Could be cool to see an homage to all dragon shapes we have in WoW but I doubt we would see things like Serpents, and Proto-drakes.
    Protos are one of the four.

Personally, I think the four existing give a good amount of representation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Protos are one of the four.

Personally, I think the four existing give a good amount of representation.
    Oh, that I might've missed, sorry then.

Edit: Just had a look, yeah, the Proto-model with changes. Alrighty.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Just want protos really...maybe some kind of flying hedgehog kinda thing.

I'm legitimately surprised that the ptero-things are rideable dragons, but apparently not Cloud Serpents? Seems like if they were going to retcon any skeleton into dragons, it'd be those, yknow?

Flying serpents could be an interesting 5th if they wanted to establish a cannonical link between them and dragons.

Also, I just would really wish that they applied the dragon riding upgrades to Dracthyr flight

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Just want protos really...maybe some kind of flying hedgehog kinda thing.
    I literally read that as Protoss. Confused me for a second.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cloud Serpents for sure but they aren't really considered dragons or dragon related are they? Weren't they some titan construction originally or do I recall wrong?

A whelpling trying his best, 10% run speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alexstrasza

...wait, what?

Anyway... The proto drakes and normal dragons look fine so far, but I don't really dig the remodel they have for the pterrodax... it looks weird and gangly, which works for the sort of grizzled pterrodaxes but not so much for dragons.

It'd be cool if they gave some class-specific cosmetics for the dragons. Skeletons for DKs, fel for warlocks, special armor for warriors, etc.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh, that I might've missed, sorry then.

Edit: Just had a look, yeah, the Proto-model with changes. Alrighty.
    its right out the proto model, the whole point is you can customize it as you wish.

but yeah the 4 types

Protodrake

Pteradactyl

Wyvern

Dragon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I'm legitimately surprised that the ptero-things are rideable dragons, but apparently not Cloud Serpents? Seems like if they were going to retcon any skeleton into dragons, it'd be those, yknow?
    the serpents are not available because they are HEAVILY limited, you cant customize their tail or armor or head as easily because of their shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its right out the proto model, the whole point is you can customize it as you wish.

but yeah the 4 types

Protodrake

Pteradactyl

Wyvern

Dragon

- - - Updated - - -

the serpents are not available because they are HEAVILY limited, you cant customize their tail or armor or head as easily because of their shape.
    Uh what?

Disagree on that one. Blizzard could create new snouts, horns, armor, and tails for Cloud Serpents, just as easily as they're doing it for protodrakes and pterosaurs.

Heart of the Aspects

Summer Wilderling

Grievous Gladiator's Cloud Serpent

15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda glad they didn't go with the cloud serpent model, at least not initially. They definitely could, as I imagine they'd have to do more than just create 'armor bits', but also animations to go with the dragon flying (a corkscrew kind of dive, etc).

Starting with four, but the potential to add more. But to think it's just as simple as slapping 'pieces' on, is a bit misguided.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

I would love a cloud serpent/ heart of the aspect style option! Though I know Cloud serpents are considered beasts (hunters can tame them now) and have no connection to normal dragons. (yu'lon is closer to a loa/wild god/construct i think)

Sprite darter would be fun. could also throw in some of those thunder dragons/ stone dragons but those still use the drake skeleton sooo...

One thing i really, really hope we get is the option to customize our wing shape if i'm being honest. dragon mounts are my favorite but it has always bothered me how little wing membrane they have. especially since the Big Dragons sometimes have proper wing-to-tail coverage to avoid butt drag.

I'm pretty sure they didn't go with cloud serpent as they lack wings and their flying animations currently don't sell the gliding effects that they want to implement.

But if they work a bit on it they would become great candidates

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaDragon View Post
    I would love a cloud serpent/ heart of the aspect style option! Though I know Cloud serpents are considered beasts (hunters can tame them now) and have no connection to normal dragons. (yu'lon is closer to a loa/wild god/construct i think)
    Cloud Serpents being beasts isnt really a counterpoint though.

- Pterosaurs (beasts) had no connection to dragons before Dragonflight; theyre just dragons that look similar.

- Heart of the Aspects predates Cloud Serpents and has a definitively Dragon origin, being created by the combined power of the five flights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    I'm pretty sure they didn't go with cloud serpent as they lack wings and their flying animations currently don't sell the gliding effects that they want to implement.

But if they work a bit on it they would become great candidates
    Heart of the Aspects has wings!

A large more bipedal body type like the wandering ancient or gravewings/undercity plaguebat

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    4 legs + 2 wings... that's a dragon for me

I'm sick of all the proto bullshit that's plowing the ground with its chin

(I'm still pissed from the warrior class mount down syndrome proto retarded drake)

I'm just gonna leave this here and say, there's a whole plethora of options.

But for the sake of "DragonRiding" and not regular ol' "Flying" I recommend a Quetzalcoatl and possibly a Kirin (You know, the Swift Windsteed that was in the In-Game Shop) I also considered the Amphithere but then that'd just be a Dragonhawk at that point.