Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I want to see Netherwing Drake "skins" for these mounts. So you can have like a proto dragon type with the Netherwing skin type for the glow. Some dragon mounts that are somewhat similar to the ones we had in legion with the bigger Jaws.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    4 legs + 2 wings... that's a dragon for me

I'm sick of all the proto bullshit that's plowing the ground with its chin

(I'm still pissed from the warrior class mount down syndrome proto retarded drake)

so. the one that already exists?
    4 legs 2 wings...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post

I'm just gonna leave this here and say, there's a whole plethora of options.

But for the sake of "DragonRiding" and not regular ol' "Flying" I recommend a Quetzalcoatl and possibly a Kirin (You know, the Swift Windsteed that was in the In-Game Shop) I also considered the Amphithere but then that'd just be a Dragonhawk at that point.
    most of those cant fly, and we already have wyvern and dragon, amiphithere doesent really fit wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Heart of the Aspects has wings!
    and it also has cloud serpent animation.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    most of those cant fly, and we already have wyvern and dragon, amiphithere doesent really fit wow.
    I said, narrowed it down to two options, a Quetzcalcoatl and a Kirin (Both of which have models in the game and are capable of flight) The Quetzalcoatl is a Cloud Serpent, but it can be designed to look less like a Chinese dragon and more like an actual serpent that can fly.

The Kirin is already in the game as the Swift Windsteed which was a mount in the In-Game Shop until they pulled it off the shelf. In some of the old Shadowland Beta builds, they planned to add them into Bastion before changing them out and guess what they were listed as in the file. Kirin.

Just because they can't fly doesn't mean they're excluded from other avenues of dragon body types.

And what do you mean an Amphithere doesn't fit in WoW? The Dragonhawk model IS an Amphithere by design.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I'm legitimately surprised that the ptero-things are rideable dragons, but apparently not Cloud Serpents? Seems like if they were going to retcon any skeleton into dragons, it'd be those, yknow?
    Keep in mind that the system is basically there to do two things - give us customizable mounts as the feature, but also and that's something they didn't really talked about but actually far more important they are also using it to create the npc dragons for the isles. If there aren't any cloudserpents there we won't get them as mounts.

They talked about both elemental drakes and Netherdrakes being players for the expansion so potentially that's what we are getting for patch content though!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Would like to see a eragon like dragon.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

[...]
    amiphithere doesent really fit wow.
    looks like hakkar to me
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    looks like hakkar to me
    yeah and they arnt dragons, they are winged snakes, so adding dragon versions of them would be... i mean it MAY work but then trying to ride them like mounts is odd, the dragonhawks are close (even though they also arnt dragons) but they are thicker then normal ampithere with shorter necks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they update all dragon-type models in the games, including for mounts. Drakes, dragons... maybe proto-dragons?

Looking at the updated Alexstrasza and Kalecgos dragon form models, compared to every other "drake" and "dragon" we have... one could dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    We've seen the four shapes/body types you can ride in Dragonflight thus far. What else would you like to see?
    Hadn't noticed this thread, made an accidental duplicate.

Personally:

- Long dragon type (heart of the aspects exists, so it's relevant to aspect-related dragons too).
    - Multiheaded dragons, could be based on chimaeras but three-headed dragons are much more iconic.
    - Extended-wing dragons, as in wings that actually attach to their bodies properly rather than being weird limbs with flaps on them. WoW's player dragon wings do not work, i mean i get that it's fantasy and all but at least provide the option to have wings that look like they could work in an expansion centered around dragons. Just take a look at Malygos fir what i mean, i hear he's relevant again because of WotLK.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I'd also like to see dragonhawk/heart of the aspect/cloud serpent types added eventually, and definitely some Netherwing, Storm Drake, and Infinite Dragonflight 'skins'.

so. the one that already exists?
    4 legs 2 wings...

- - - Updated - - -

Amiphithere doesent really fit wow.
    What does and doesnt fit WoW entirely depends on whether or not they put it in the game. My panda death knight has fought blood-covered voodoo trolls, decapitated men with pig heads sewn on, poop-throwing aquatic goblins, and rabbit monsters with carrot breath.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-05-20 at 09:20 PM.

Imp Mother / Theradras shape plz

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

I understand that you're having a serious conversation here, still I was in good mood and wanted put "ride" joke inappropriately (especially given post number here)... but playful feeling was gone, and only picture remained, so another more mundane thought appeared, and now I'm going to voice it.

Given current trend in their art, I think something like this might be justified:

- - - Updated - - -

Lady Atia
    What's up with the art bashing?! I get it that you guys may not like the Shadowlands lore, or the horrible systems which is fair enough atleast, but the art? Common. That's something you can't really shit on ...

And if you are thinking classic graphics are better than you are clowning hard.
    All you need to know about my relationship with their design team in regards to their art direction (specific to models) is that they were main reason I left this game (should I tell you time period when this happened or you guess yourself?). That's all. Now regarding classic: direction - yes (I like it more), toolkit - no (it was weak, but what happened turned out well, I have to give them their due, loved their work, since I've always cared about such things, so they definitely have something to do with my starting to play this game)... and No, it's different stuff, exaggerated to the point of stupidity and absurdity, while trying to be serious/realistic (or whatever other they think about their own work), mutually exclusive paragraphs, even if we assume that direction is "same", still they're completely different (I don't really care about stuff, that was in strategy), it's not "good way cartoon style", rather caricature of it, may be even, if more correct, toy-a-like, druid used exactly that definition (ex. Wildstar had pronounced cartoonish "in good way" style, and even if I somehow don't like their direction, I'd hesitate to call their stuff "bad", and btw they never changed anything in their style... but situation is completely different with guys being discussed).

But! this isn't directly related to current topic (post is mostly for hidden jokes), therefore, there will be no further comments here.

Recent links about such things within this year: <1> <2> <3> <4>
    (there're enough thoughts and answers to satisfy curiosity)

ps. Not because I want to fight (it doesn't bother me much, because I've been having these conversations for 7 years now already, see account age, literally from first messages, you can check - 1st one here ~ oh, my english *wincing*), but just to keep up appearances.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-06-06 at 04:53 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    I understand that you're having a serious conversation here, still I was in good mood and wanted put "ride" joke inappropriately (especially given post number here)... but playful feeling was gone, and only picture remained, so another more mundane thought appeared, and now I'm going to voice it.

Given current trend in their art, I think something like this might be justified:
    What's up with the art bashing?! I get it that you guys may not like the Shadowlands lore, or the horrible systems which is fair enough atleast, but the art? Common. That's something you can't really shit on ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

something gryphon sized i guess. i'm not a fan of large mounts.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    something gryphon sized i guess. i'm not a fan of large mounts.
    I'm quite sure the wyvern will be gryphon sized or atleast smaller than the proto drakes ^.^

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I'm quite sure the wyvern will be gryphon sized or atleast smaller than the proto drakes ^.^
    they all look similar sized on the screenshots to me but i hope you're right.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    they all look similar sized on the screenshots to me but i hope you're right.
    This is actually a good idea and if there isn't much variety in size, make sure to take it to the forums once we have alpha up and can actually see them. We have variety in size now between drake, proto-drake and dragon models

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post

The funny thing is WoW's art style has been super cartoony since Warcraft 2. The art style in WoW from classic to today is no different except its more refined and less blocky, but the art style is still the same. So I can only assume those mocking the art style are new to the game. *shrug*

'mAn wArCraFT iS sO cARtoonY noW wHy can'T iT bE mORe RealisTIC lIkE it UseD to Be'

I think everything sucks about WoW right now, but art style and the art direction is like carrying the game.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-31 at 09:38 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance