• Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's pivot away from discussing real-world and identity politics and instead focus on the actual topic of the thread, the new social contract part of WoW.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    That'll probably lead to you getting banned, I think they are doing this contract is to say look it's not ok to be a dick to other players resulting in being a dick to other players will get your account suspended.

Which honestly in my opinion is completely fair, there's far too many assholes in WoW that get away with it and deserve to be punished.
    I'm interested in knowing what they are going to do about people going afk in keys or people not even slightly pulling their weight. I'm not a person who flames but its not always a one way street when people begin flaming other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    That'll probably lead to you getting banned, I think they are doing this contract is to say look it's not ok to be a dick to other players resulting in being a dick to other players will get your account suspended.

Which honestly in my opinion is completely fair, there's far too many assholes in WoW that get away with it and deserve to be punished.
    If someone is freeloading I will call them out, and there is nothing Blizzard can do about it. I have no intention to abide by US centric social rules, and if I get banned, well, it may be for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm interested in knowing what they are going to do about people going afk in keys or people not even slightly pulling their weight. I'm not a person who flames but its not always a one way street when people begin flaming other people.
    I get what you mean, someone who purposely sabotages runs should be suspended as much as toxic people, the game rn feels v unwelcoming to newer players and even the other day in LFR there was a frost mage just standing there throughout an entire bossfight, luckily people were proactive and removed him afterwards but he was still rewarded for putting no effort in, people like that need removing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    If someone is freeloading I will call them out, and there is nothing Blizzard can do about it. I have no intention to abide by US centric social rules, and if I get banned, well, it may be for the better.
    There's a difference between someone purposely freeloading and someone still learning the game/class, obviously being toxic to a new comer by mistake can happen but this is were all forms of toxicity needs to be fished out of the community as a whole.

This thread is pointless, because Blizzard just can't ask me to stay polite, if at the same time game mechanics promote toxicity. It's like giving me a gun, but asking me not to shoot other people. Problem is, if it won't be 100% guaranteed, that others won't shoot me first, then shooting others - is the best gaming strategy.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This thread is pointless, because Blizzard just can't ask me to stay polite, if at the same time game mechanics promote toxicity. It's like giving me a gun, but asking me not to shoot other people. Problem is, if it won't be 100% guaranteed, that others won't shoot me first, then shooting others - is the best gaming strategy.
    That doesn't make any sense.

This thread is pointless, because Blizzard just can't ask me to stay polite
    They can and they will.
    If it is so hard for you to be a half decent human being don't accept and quit the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t believe any game mechanics promote toxicity. People, like you, use them as an excuse to be toxic to other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post

My studies disagree with yours when controlling for variables.
    I said I could bring you more sources if you want but your was... pretty good for my case. Did you read your source? It really pointed out if women are allowed to perform the same job as men they are compensated for it but often they are not allowed. It included such charts as "when women have kids their pay goes down but men goes up" and "in the legal field women are paid like garbage."

The legal field brings me back to my point. How dare you pretend like this is not a think on an mmo forum and think that I won't have a talking point?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/video...on-settlement/
    https://www.npr.org/2021/07/22/10192...nt-video-games
    Blizz for sure going to settle this for sure. It isn't just a bunch of whining. It is destroying their business in ways p[people can viably see from the outside.
    https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/a...ition-20220505
    So outside this last article is from the UK.

But it does not matter. I do not believe you own a business or support a loved one. Debating this issue puts me at a disadvantage because for you it is purely academic. If I do not respond to you again it is not because you are correct it is because educating your does not matter.

Edit:
    https://www.epi.org/publication/what...nd-is-it-real/ (self sourced)
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/kimelse...h=4a83393828ba (using US census data)
    https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentand...apintheuk/2021 (UK census)
    Last edited by mcnally86; 2022-05-16 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    If they ban you, then they very well can do something about it though.

It seems like people are forgetting this is bundled with a revamp of the report feature too.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...Report-Options

It's pretty clear they're setting up to be more harsh on toxicity in game.

Yea, I am not sure it is game mechanics. When I started Moongaurd was all about freaky free love. Last time I played on that server people were screaming about how excited they were to see Ruth B. Ginsberg being eaten by aborted fetuses in hell.

I don't know what game mechanic can make you so conservative you actively cheer for Silent Hill.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You could also present a "No bullying contract" to each student on every school and then claim that you solved bullying issue on schools.
    That's the pointlessness of this contract, first it's already in the ToS and second it's utterly meaningless unless Blizzard enforces it.

I've already accepted the ToS, why do i have to confirm this again?
    It's not going to stop anyone from doing these things, that's for sure.

Imagine somebody throws any slurs at you and you answer "but you're breaking the social contract that you've accepted when starting the game!".
    I think they have started enforcing it a bit more. I recently got a week suspension after calling people who pulled Consumption early fucking dumb cunts, and a few other things as well. Was it deserved? probably, bit long in my opinion but I am biased. will I do it again? fuck no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

It seems like people are forgetting this is bundled with a revamp of the report feature too.

There are two parts about this interaction, I should've broken it down. The callout in itself, and the tone. I don't think they will ever act on the former, and I believe the later should be culture sensitive, rather than shoven down our throats. It shows how much of an agenda pushing this is.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if you don't press accept it just means you are paying a subscription for nothing

What a pointless thread
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I mean, if you don't press accept it just means you are paying a subscription for nothing

What a pointless thread
    "Exit Game" Should come with WoW Subscription refund.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Given Blizzards business relations with China, i think them playing their games and taking from assholes are two very separate things for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I think they have started enforcing it a bit more. I recently got a week suspension after calling people who pulled Consumption early fucking dumb cunts, and a few other things as well. Was it deserved? probably, bit long in my opinion but I am biased. will I do it again? fuck no
    And that happened without even agreeing to the social contract.

It's almost as if this thing entirely unncesecessary and largely comes off as a PR stunt or product of a meeting with a bunch of very naive designers.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-05-16 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    If people are so adamant on not accepting the contract why bother resubscribing?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Given Blizzards business relations with China, i think them playing their games and taking from assholes are two very separate things for them.

And that happened without even agreeing to the social contract.

It's almost as if this thing entirely unncesecessary and largely comes off as a PR stunt or product of a meeting with a bunch of very naive designers.
    oh it's absolutely a PR thing. they want to highlight the efforts they are taking, why wouldn't they?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

That's exactly what I'm thinking. It's phrased like this to work with the new report system they're adding in.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    That's exactly what I'm thinking. It's phrased like this to work with the new report system they're adding in.
    A new report system isnt really going to do anything by itself. We already have the option to report someone for language. What needs to change is on blizzards end as per usual, not on the players end. But once again Blizzard forces change on players on behalf of their own shortcomings.