570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don’t believe any game mechanics promote toxicity. People, like you, use them as an excuse to be toxic to other players.
    I've listed such mechanics multiple times already. Things like mob tags and non-sharable quest items imply "Get to it first no matter what, otherwise you'd do this quest forever. If others pull them out of your hands - you have to do the same just to equalize chances.". There is no way to get around this problem. Only "polite" way to do it - to respect your place in queue and not to try overtake other players. Problem is - game doesn't punish players for doing it. And therefore what isn't forbidden - is allowed. And other players have nothing else to do, but do the same.

I use traffic jam as example for reason. Guys, who're overtaking via roadside and oncoming lane are punished for reason. Otherwise others would sit in such jams forever.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by sunxsera View Post
    I won't help every random player though - that part is just stupid. I value my time and i won't answer random whispers for help when i want my dailys done before i go to work or when i'm finally home from work.
    That's a nice account you go there, very nice achievements, would be a shame if something were to happen to it if you aren't going to help me out right now...

it's not like you have a choice and then play the game as well.

While I don't disagree with the contract, my beef is that why things are always so selective with blizzard?

For example, they ban boosting (real money) but not gold. Both ruin the end-game fun. Surely, everyone just loves seeing a decked-out 278 toon that backpaddles and fails on every mechanic while the actual earners put in hours of theory crafting, effort, and luck into something they can feel proud of.

I am sure there will be a two-faced policy as well once this contract is rolled.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The lengths some posters are having to go to in order to explain why they won't accept something as trivial as this is mindboggling. We've had Buddhism involved lol And, naturally, the right-leaning folks needed to add shit like "woke" and all the right-wing conspiracy shit they could involve.

How hard is it to just not be a total wanker in a video game? If you find it difficult, go outside, touch some grass. This is basically nothing to even think about again after you hit accept. Unless you insist on being said total wanker, I guess.
    As the person that brought up Buddhism, it was only in the context of explaining what "woke" means and what it's tied to. The people bringing up right wing conspiracies were far leftists who decided to bring their baggage from the politics boards.

Really my only issue with the social contract and why I think it might be woke is protecting the class of "ability", but it's probably just legal terminology for referring to making fun of actual disabilities, and not merely how badly someone is playing the game. As long as I can still tell someone "Your dps/healing/tanking sucks and I'm going to have to replace you", then really nothing is going to change. My guild on the other hand... we definitely have more of the 'bro' atmosphere I guess some people would call it where making fun of each other is common, normal, and desired even. I don't like coming into an age where apparently I might have to give trigger warnings before inviting any new people to guild because we are actively mean to each other as a form of entertainment and bonding. You may as well be telling a Navy platoon to never make gay sailor jokes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    A new report system isnt really going to do anything by itself. We already have the option to report someone for language. What needs to change is on blizzards end as per usual, not on the players end. But once again Blizzard forces change on players on behalf of their own shortcomings.
    I see this as the paper trail for a coming change on their end. Besides using automated systems and having too few humans for a proper review, there may be a lot that is seen as unhealthy to the community but isn't covered by the existing guidelines.

For instance: griefing in groups, obsessive ganking of low-level players by max level players, harassing people via new characters to circumvent how the ignore feature works, mass report abuse by bots/friends, etc. This contract is carefully worded not only for us but for them to improve their review process and action on egregious behavior. There is still no guarantee they'll improve, but it's our job to let them know when they haven't after they said they would.

That's all I can really say for speculation
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

i don't mind. it already lines up with how i try to conduct my self.
    besides if i somehow manage to do something wrong i doubt it would warrant a perma ban or anything close.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I see this as the paper trail for a coming change on their end. Besides using automated systems and having too few humans for a proper review, there may be a lot that is seen as unhealthy to the community but isn't covered by the existing guidelines.

For instance: griefing in groups, obsessive ganking of low-level players by max level players, harassing people via new characters to circumvent how the ignore feature works, mass report abuse by bots/friends, etc. This contract is carefully worded not only for us but for them to improve their review process and action on egregious behavior. There is still no guarantee they'll improve, but it's our job to let them know when they haven't after they said they would.

That's all I can really say for speculation
    I really align with this. I don't understand why the ignore button is on a per character basis and not on an account basis, it just doesn't make any sense. Mass reporting should probably be looked into a lot closer, because there is probably something fishy going on if 200 people report the same person in one day. Ganking has been an issue since the dawn of the game, but I'm not sure how big a deal it is anymore with war mode/pvp being completely optional. Griefing is an issue that gets a bit more in the weeds, but I don't think I've ever seen someone legitimately support being able to spam pull bosses to kill groups or intentionally mess things up for fun in random groups. Normally when I see someone reference griefing anymore it's because someone fat fingered a button to pull a boss or they just don't know the perfect route for pulling a M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    You only create the community you can be bothered to enforce, and Blizzard just doesn't bother. They got rid of their support team, and now it's all automated rubbish. WoW just has this awful subset of people who think that "kill yourself" is an acceptable thing to say to others.
    This is the nut of the many of the problems in the game. Well stated.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-05-16 at 07:33 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    The average American gets all irrational when you use the C-word. To an Aussie, Kiwi, and many from the British Isles, what you said wasn't much. The Americans tend to see it otherwise.
    I agree, I also know why that is too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I've listed such mechanics multiple times already. Things like mob tags and non-sharable quest items imply "Get to it first no matter what, otherwise you'd do this quest forever. If others pull them out of your hands - you have to do the same just to equalize chances.". There is no way to get around this problem. Only "polite" way to do it - to respect your place in queue and not to try overtake other players. Problem is - game doesn't punish players for doing it. And therefore what isn't forbidden - is allowed. And other players have nothing else to do, but do the same.

I use traffic jam as example for reason. Guys, who're overtaking via roadside and oncoming lane are punished for reason. Otherwise others would sit in such jams forever.
    This is a fantasy game and not real life. If your char wants to pick that stupid flower then pick that flower faster than anyone else.
    Yes, it's annoying sometimes - but toxic? I think you need a bit more self-confidence here.
    It's just a small game: "pick quest item XQ fast" that everyone forgets after a minute.
    Everyone has the same problem ... learn to manage it like an adult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    If people are so adamant on not accepting the contract why bother resubscribing?
    I'm not adamant about it, that useless button is exactly that to me: useless.

It's not going to deter people from being toxic if they want to be toxic.

It's just a show of "good faith" From Blizzard and showing the community "they are working on it".

[QUOTE=Lolites;53767833]no they cant, bcs by TOS they can suspend your acc if they want to, as they OWN the account, you dont
    not to mention this social contract is just a bit more specific but it doesnt really add anything new to TOS, so by breaking this social contract you already break TOS, and since you agreed to those there is no court on earth that would even consider this a case/QUOTE]

Yes they own the account however they have in the past been forced to give back accounts to suspended/banned players due to the fact that these players still had game time on their accounts. As soon as that was up they lost those accounts but still Blizz was forced to give them back even if temporary.

That being said you agreee to the TOS so why add this social contract if the TOS covers it and is therefor not needed unless it includes stuff not covered by the TOS and if that is true why not change the TOS itself because a social contract at least in the EU is not always legal and can be fought even if signed by a consumer which is way harder to do with a TOS agreement.

Look I am signing it because I agree witj it but I just don't know if it is legal and enforcable at least here in the EU and will they even add it to the game in say China because if the CCP says no then Blizz is up shit creek.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

I will press accept. But, I don't talk to anyone in game, I don't participate in any chat channels and I don't group up or belong to any guilds so it makes no difference to me.

Dumb question. Obviously everyone is just going to press accept without reading anything.

It's not like if blizz puts a button and tells people to be nice they're gonna be like "cool bro, i'll be cool from now on or not play voluntarily"

Yes just like when I press an Apple contract. I'll ignore whatever consequence I didn't read and go on with my life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslayer View Post
    I will press accept. But, I don't talk to anyone in game, I don't participate in any chat channels and I don't group up or belong to any guilds so it makes no difference to me.
    Hey mate. I hope you're good, all good? cool.

There is literally no reason to disagree with it if you're not a bad person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Lmao ok. Bye kid.
    Man put the "/s" in there and you still didn't see the sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    I'm just curious.
    Can you provide some background? I don't get this thread at all, what did I miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Can you provide some background? I don't get this thread at all, what did I miss?
    There's a new "social contract" user agreement type thing coming with 9.2.5 that you have to accept to enter the game, that basically boils down to "don't be an asshole and try to work with/help your fellow players".

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...%20Posted%20by

This social contract is hilariously transparent attempt to divert attention from the bad things they've been doing, same with their 'diversity chart' thing.

If I end up picking up Dragonflight I'll of course hit accept like I do with the TOS, and then proceed to ignore it and just play the game like I always do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    There's a new "social contract" user agreement type thing coming with 9.2.5 that you have to accept to enter the game, that basically boils down to "don't be an asshole and try to work with/help your fellow players".

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...%20Posted%20by

That's riddicilous and childish. HOW the hell can they POSSIBLY track whether people help others in the open, it's laughable to even write something like that. I get they might have strict rules on what you write, but what you write can be tracked.