View Poll Results: I will press...

Voters
570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

    461 80.88%
  • Exit game

    109 19.12%
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
... LastLast
  1. #281
    I'll press the left mouse button.

    I hope that helps OP.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    I'm just curious.
    Why would anyone press Exit game?

    The social contract doesn't change or add anything. It only highlights some stuff that is being said in the ToS already and all it says anyways is basically: don't be an asshole.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    The TOS might have been made by US lawyers with US customer laws in mind
    TOS was made by lawyers who know they have customers all around the world, im pretty sure they didnt ignore other laws...

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    It won’t stand a chance in most EU legislations
    as someone working in business for US company but living in EU and im 100% sure it would hold without any issues for blizz...

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    I play the game to enjoy, to please myself - not to be bound by some rules that somebody made.
    well first of all, in every game you are bound by the rules, and if you break them then YOU can go stfu, but that was not my point...
    whining about rules based on something that have NOTHING to do with the rules just shows the person is moron...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-05-17 at 07:08 AM.

  4. #284
    Man some people are getting truly triggered over the fact they wont be able to be actively assholes anymore and you know what it's fucking glorious.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Normal woke is someone who lives mostly on Twitter and projects their own judgmental intolerance on everyone who doesn't think exactly like them. The social justice is only a small part of it. They mostly just want to be right at everything they say.

    Leftwing woke goes a step beyond normal by actively harassing and insulting those people they disagree with. There is only their side... or the enemy



    This person, for example, is a leftwing woke extremist. One word of disagreement with whatever he thinks and I'm now the enemy of mankind according to his own small fantasy bubble.

    This clarifies it better than a bland dictionary listing
    There is no right or left. Everyone plays the dice for their own benefit.

    The world is practical. And in practice, both are the same BS but with diferent colours.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    You seem to miss the whole point. The TOS might have been made by US lawyers with US customer laws in mind - but that’s it. It won’t stand a chance in most EU legislations, as mentioned above. It will be shredded into dust in Russian legislation with super protective customer laws.

    I don’t know a bit about India, China, many other countries, granted. But the very concept that they can claim whatever they want in their makeshift tos and pretend it’s universally valid anywhere is faulty by design.
    I learned about this last year at university and you couldn't be more wrong.

    Blizzard has every right to terminate your contract (because you agreed to their terms) and ban you from playing their game in the EU. They may also reserve themselves the right to ban you for not specifying any reason at all.

    They have almost all the same rights as they have in the US with dictating how you can use their software and what you can do with it (because you didn't purchase the software, but a license that allows you to use a copy of it). The only big difference between the EU and US is that in the EU you are always allowed to create backups even if Blizzard says you aren't allowed to, but besides that it's very similar to how it is in the US.

    FYI, the same also applies in Russia.

    Legal nonsense posts like yours always pop up from time to time where people say how sure they are that they can do all with software they buy outside of the US, yet there has never been a case where someone successfully won a case against Blizzard lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Man some people are getting truly triggered over the fact they wont be able to be actively assholes anymore and you know what it's fucking glorious.
    The funny thing is that this isn't even true. In fact, nothing is changing. None of the things said in the social contract are new or more restrictive. And it'll be possible to be an asshole in the future regardless, because they only have an abusable automated ban system and no real humans take care of that.

    People are being mad over nothing basically.

  7. #287
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Man some people are getting truly triggered over the fact they wont be able to be actively assholes anymore and you know what it's fucking glorious.
    I don’t think that’s it. It’s more so the fact that they have to be told, almost like being told off for something they didn’t do. At least that’s how someone explained it to me once.

  8. #288
    I do everything it says already so I guess "Accept" ?

  9. #289
    What even is this thread lmao

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    What even is this thread lmao
    Left Vs Right,
    Right Vs Left,
    Left Vs Left,
    Right Vs Right

    I believe it is known as a "total ShitShow"
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I like WillE just as much as the next guy
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i have several gay friends at work, and i know at least 6 other gay people

  11. #291
    Stood in the Fire Preliatus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Cone Sector TU-O b6-0
    Posts
    438
    Not read it and click Accept like I do with the ToS and EULA.

  12. #292
    Elemental Lord
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Because that's the crux, you need humans to review and police that, putting up rules for its own sake won't do shit unless you enforce them.
    As far as I am aware they still do have people working for CS. They have simply reduced that number. They have been able to do so based on the following:
    • The playerbase has shrunk over the years
    • They removed one of the biggest problem issues: Master Looter
    • They have utilised machine learning/AI to reduce the load that people need to bear

    What all this means is that even though their number of CS staff may have been reduced over the last few years, that doesn't necessarily translate into there not being enough to get the job done just fine.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    This thread is pointless, because Blizzard just can't ask me to stay polite, if at the same time game mechanics promote toxicity. It's like giving me a gun, but asking me not to shoot other people. Problem is, if it won't be 100% guaranteed, that others won't shoot me first, then shooting others - is the best gaming strategy.
    This is BS and you know it. I have never been toxic since LFD/LFG/LFR? Cross Realm BG queues were added. It makes holding other players accountable from a server side perspective harder sure, but toxic assholes choose to do it on their own, which sounds like something you choose to do and blame Blizzard for instead of holding yourself accountable and not being a dick.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I don’t think that’s it. It’s more so the fact that they have to be told, almost like being told off for something they didn’t do. At least that’s how someone explained it to me once.
    Yet there have already been told, and accepted the rules saying they would not. This is just an update. But again funny becasue people have been asking Blizzard to do something about toxic players, now they seem positioned to focus a bit more on it and people are losing it.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I see this as the paper trail for a coming change on their end. Besides using automated systems and having too few humans for a proper review, there may be a lot that is seen as unhealthy to the community but isn't covered by the existing guidelines.

    For instance: griefing in groups, obsessive ganking of low-level players by max level players, harassing people via new characters to circumvent how the ignore feature works, mass report abuse by bots/friends, etc. This contract is carefully worded not only for us but for them to improve their review process and action on egregious behavior. There is still no guarantee they'll improve, but it's our job to let them know when they haven't after they said they would.

    That's all I can really say for speculation
    The thing is they didnt really need to update their ToS to reflect this though. As far as i remember griefing and being a jerk was covered by the old tos and pretty much covers all of this. All they had to do was start acting on it. A better report system could for sure be usefull but at this point it just comes off as another publicity stunt to me.

  15. #295
    I am Murloc! Motorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Moving to Monaco baby :)
    Posts
    5,158
    Some very vague terms there like an obligation to help people you encounter. So lets say someone sees you and says "help me" and you say "sorry Im in a hurry". Whats that then reportable "offense"? I think this so called social contract is just bullshit blizzard invents as it goes to become a morally grey to acceptable business entity once again. Terrible PR nonetheless and childish language being used as if they are talking to infants.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    Man some people are getting truly triggered over the fact they wont be able to be actively assholes anymore and you know what it's fucking glorious.
    Only the absolute savages are straight up toxic these days the true toxicity is as simple as rejecting someone from groups for any petty reason. Whats truly glorious though is that the real toxicity goes fully under the blizzard radar because it brings so much money to them.

  16. #296
    Accept because why would you disagree to anything it says? If you do disagree then I truly hope you don't choose to play the game.
    I <3 JK Rowling.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    I'm just curious.
    I don't have much against what it says in the stupid pop-up. What I do have something against is the fact that I have to affirm the things it says. Imagine if every time you went into a new restaurant or pub/club, you had to sign a form that says you won't rape anyone that night. Of course I f'ing won't! Why the F do I have to sign this crap?!

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Accept. I’m not a fucking sociopath lol
    Why would anyone be called sociopath? ...

  19. #299
    Pandaren Monk czarek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    zug zug
    Posts
    1,894
    accpet ? Like im not a psycho lol

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Why would anyone be called sociopath? ...
    didn't you know, we can just stop doing all the therapeutic evaluations. Just give them this form and BAM... done.
    We can do that with everything. Solve any societal problem with a form you have to accept to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •