View Poll Results: I will press...

Voters
570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

    461 80.88%
  • Exit game

    109 19.12%
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
27
... LastLast
  1. #321
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,322
    the fact this dude thinks your account cant be banned in the EU is fucking hilarious.

  2. #322
    Quote Originally Posted by notsouki View Post
    Abusive players aren't welcome in World of Warcraft. But what is wrong with anti-social behavior? Some people want to play the game and not hang out with you. Can't force them.
    I meant anti-social in the sense of acting like the kind of sociopath who will make one day headlines due to a combination of how easily accessible guns are in the US and stuff they read in the facebook/4chan, you know the guys who feel entitled to using their gamer words, not people who just stick to themselves.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Yep, and then we get annoyed at them for disrespecting other players with a complete disregard for teamwork, effort or having any idea how their role/class works. Then when we finally snap and call them out for not doing the bare minimum to avoid wasting four other peoples' time by doing the slightest bit of research or developing a sense of situational awareness, they can't handle it.
    You can simply kick them, there is nothing prohibiting you from doing it. If you feel the need to start personally insulting them you can already be banned right now, the social contract doesn't changes that. And its kind of the norm. Every single commercial business will kick you out for suddenly harassing other paying customers.

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    the fact this dude thinks your account cant be banned in the EU is fucking hilarious.
    People who click "Exit Game" are certified gigachads

  4. #324
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    People who click "Exit Game" are certified gigachads
    people who click exit game are idiots, cause why would you pay for something you arnt even going to use?

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    They literally do it now. It is standard practice. Any time anyone issues a charge back to either Blizzard or Steam, their account is immediately banned. Steam gives a period of 2 or 3 weeks for the issue to be resolved (ie: for you to reverse the charge back), and if it isn't, the ban becomes permanent and irreversible - after this point they will never restore that account. Blizzard's ban is immediately permanent but I believe you can reverse it any time by paying back the money you claimed a charge back for and contacting support.

    Blizzard, Steam, or any company are under no obligation to provide you a service. It isn't fraudulent to remove your access to a service. No country, not even Australia or the EU is going to force a company to provide a service for anyone, especially if you have the means that you have (ie: you have already claimed a chargeback) to resolve the matter yourself.

    Again I repeat; what you are saying vs. what is reality is not in alignment. You can crow till the cows come home that EU law states this or that, but it isn't what happens in reality. It is currently standard practice by every large company that I know of that issueing a chargeback will result in a partial or total removal of your access to their services. This is absolutely true of Blizzard and Steam, but is also true of many other companies. Riot is another that I know of. None of these companies, nor their armies of lawyers, is worried about what you discuss here. Until such a time that someone actually challenges them in court, and wins, your opinion on the laws in EU is irrelevant.
    Idk about how blizzard handles it, so won’t argue here. Steam, I had to chargeback 2 or 3 times. It’s my own experience and a fact. Any attempt to make me believe that something that I see with my own eyes does not exist - is pointless.

    I’ve provided one reason for why they won’t do it: charging back $10-50, a typical title price, is a lot easier compared to risking a multimillion business. Here’s another reason: let’s imagine they block entire account as a result of a successfull chargeback; obviously, that account owner would immediately chargeback ALL transactions, not just one - getting back their investments. It’s a zero sum game where service provider gains nothing while losing reputation (not even counting in possible penalties from the authorities) while service consumer loses nothing.

    And let me stress it again, I do realize that consumer right protection laws are very different in different countries, so said steams behavior could be incoherent worldwide. Your mileage may vary

    - - - Updated - - -

    “Until such a time that someone actually challenges them in court, and wins, your opinion on the laws in EU is irrelevant.”

    Where did I ever said I’m talking about EU laws explicitly? EU laws are generally shit from consumer side, we’ll except for GDPR

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    people who click exit game are idiots, cause why would you pay for something you arnt even going to use?
    But you don't have to pay for it, do you?
    Lets say your sub ran out and you wanna log in on your bank alt to buy a wow token and are greeted with the contract.
    You could just hit exit game and that's that, no charge.

  7. #327
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,300
    Accept without reading same as every other terms and conditions notification I get.

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Accept without reading same as every other terms and conditions notification I get.

  9. #329
    I guess most people will go with not reading anything and just clicking accept/go when prompted, then doing what they want anyway?

    Isn't this just a way to virtue signal, maybe justify a few additional bans, and NOT really a way to actually change people? Like do you think people are going to read the "social contract" and change their ways, lol? People who are toxic, are usually doing it on purpose to get attention. I hate to break it to you. It will probably not be a revelation to them. The only thing that has changed is that someone cares now, certainly not me, but someone. Who? We may never know. Don't tell me Blizzard, lol.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-17 at 05:56 PM.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This is fast approaching Godwin's Law kinda territory over the idea that someone clicked a bird for their world quest before you could click it.
    It's just example. Yeah, it starts from small things, but then they grow like a snowball and at the end it's unregulated competition, that is seed for toxicity in games. Any sport and competition imply some psychological confrontation. You know, even forum trolling is kind of forum PVP.

    Some people would say, that MMO is social game, so community should be self-regulated there. I.e. any toxicity should be punished via social tools, as it happens in real life. It's not God, who stops people from shooting each other. It's isolation from society, that is performed by society itself. Problem is - we don't have quest police in MMO games yet. And many of us don't want to sacrifice QOL to make game more socially regulated. Yeah, we have Classic for this purpose. But retail is for players, who prefer QOL. What devs still don't understand - is that if they remove social pressure to improve QOL, they should also implement toxicity-punishment game mechanics to compensate lack of social regulation. Example? Personal loot. It had taken whole Cata for them to realize, that there should have been "hard" solution of ninja-looting problem.

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    What? It's two different issues... This is to address toxicity in the game, not the company culture. Do you think before you type?
    The poster does have a point that actually, I would assume, anything that is bannable in the "social contract" would have already been bannable under the original tos. Is this "social contract" just to educate gamers, or virtue signaling to consumers the dark days are behind Blizzard? I'm going with maybe a little of A and probably a lot of B.

  12. #332
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSauce View Post
    This is already in the terms of service, which I already signed. Why should I have to sign something because THEY rape THEIR EMPLOYEES? I wasent ever the problem. I wasent WHY blizzard had to sell their entire fucking company. And il be damned if I have to be blamed for it
    if you feel like this is blaming you for anything you probably are part of the problem, bcs this is basicaly "dont be a dick to people" just in different words...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    People who click "Exit Game" are certified gigachads
    no, they are fools to who insulting people is more important than having fun...
    honestly, if anyone leaves wow over this, it makes the game a bit less toxic for the rest of players, soo good riddance

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    We go with "No politics or Religion, and Don't Be A Dick." It's worked pretty well over the years - we've had to talk to a few people, throw out one or two, and had some people split to form their own guild, and most of the drama was people that couldn't help but rub each other the wrong way, rather than someone actually being terrible. Not too bad for a guild that's been active since vanilla and once upon a time over a hundred active members (Cata saw the end of that).
    Indeed, similar for us. We are 11 years old guild, although core folks date since vanilla and besides some individual case popping up here and there no major issues. This social contract thing can just be summed as common sense, I don't see what's so triggering about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

  14. #334
    “You realize the EULA already says they can ban you for whatever reason, right? Your idea that it has "poor legal strength" is irrelevant, you already accept the EULA”

    It works exactly the way around: the fact that you accept the EULA is irrelevant because that fact implies you forfeiting certain rights guaranteed by the law, and law explicitly states that any such terms are null and void. The law is primary here, not the contract.

    Again sorry if it works different in your country (and again accept my condolences if this is the case).

  15. #335
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    “You realize the EULA already says they can ban you for whatever reason, right? Your idea that it has "poor legal strength" is irrelevant, you already accept the EULA”

    It works exactly the way around: the fact that you accept the EULA is irrelevant because that fact implies you forfeiting certain rights guaranteed by the law, and law explicitly states that any such terms are null and void. The law is primary here, not the contract.

    Again sorry if it works different in your country (and again accept my condolences if this is the case).
    so do it coward, do it and prove us all wrong. enforce a chargeback and then try to sue blizzard when they ban you for charging back.

  16. #336
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmatisUlv View Post
    Because being a normal, polite human being is so hard right? Says a lot about you lol.
    Free and abundant affirmation makes people weak, like you, my Northern cousin.

  17. #337
    The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halls Of The Guardian
    Posts
    3,885
    I've already agreed to it multiple times at every x.0 patches. This is just giving more visibility to something that's always been there, hopefully they'll start enforcing it now.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE , THE HORDE IS STRONG!

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    What? It's two different issues... This is to address toxicity in the game, not the company culture. Do you think before you type?
    i already said, this is already in terms of service that i already signed. did you even read what i typed first before making yourself seem like a dumbass

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    if you feel like this is blaming you for anything you probably are part of the problem, bcs this is basicaly "dont be a dick to people" just in different words...

    - - - Updated - - -



    no, they are fools to who insulting people is more important than having fun...
    honestly, if anyone leaves wow over this, it makes the game a bit less toxic for the rest of players, soo good riddance
    thats already in the terms of service that i already signed. this is virtue signaling and if you cant see it your the problem with society
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

  19. #339
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    “You realize the EULA already says they can ban you for whatever reason, right? Your idea that it has "poor legal strength" is irrelevant, you already accept the EULA”

    It works exactly the way around: the fact that you accept the EULA is irrelevant because that fact implies you forfeiting certain rights guaranteed by the law, and law explicitly states that any such terms are null and void. The law is primary here, not the contract.

    Again sorry if it works different in your country (and again accept my condolences if this is the case).
    Yeah good luck with that then. You have a right to play a video game by law after you break their EULA?

  20. #340
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    Idk about how blizzard handles it, so won’t argue here. Steam, I had to chargeback 2 or 3 times. It’s my own experience and a fact. Any attempt to make me believe that something that I see with my own eyes does not exist - is pointless.

    I’ve provided one reason for why they won’t do it: charging back $10-50, a typical title price, is a lot easier compared to risking a multimillion business. Here’s another reason: let’s imagine they block entire account as a result of a successfull chargeback; obviously, that account owner would immediately chargeback ALL transactions, not just one - getting back their investments. It’s a zero sum game where service provider gains nothing while losing reputation (not even counting in possible penalties from the authorities) while service consumer loses nothing.

    And let me stress it again, I do realize that consumer right protection laws are very different in different countries, so said steams behavior could be incoherent worldwide. Your mileage may vary

    - - - Updated - - -

    “Until such a time that someone actually challenges them in court, and wins, your opinion on the laws in EU is irrelevant.”

    Where did I ever said I’m talking about EU laws explicitly? EU laws are generally shit from consumer side, we’ll except for GDPR
    Like I said; if you're claiming that a charge back to steam over a product bought on steam does not result in an immediate ban on the account you are lying. I am not stating this for your benefit; I don't actually care about your opinion. This is so that other people don't make the mistake of believing what you say, issuing a chargeback, and being surprised when they get banned.

    There is no reputational lose to be accrued from a platform banning someone for breaking their EULA. Neither have there ever been reported penalties to any company that I have _ever_ heard of for companies banning accounts for online video games. This is whether or not for chargebacks or for any other reason.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •