570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Tell me what you lose when someone calls you names ?
    Doesn't matter if you lose something or not. People don't want to deal with that, so hence we have the rules. You don't like the rules? Please, by all means, go find a new game where calling each other names is allowed.

Hell, most of us would cheer if folks like you left WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There isn't, and will never be, total freedom of speech. Many people seem to believe there is and should be, but for the sanity of mankind, there shouldn't be.
    I don't think anyone wants absolute or at least not in numbers worth mentioning. We seem to be at the point on if we want valgur language or not. The new swear words the ones we cant actually say not " shit fuck, damn, or ass".

There isn't, and will never be, total freedom of speech. Many people seem to believe there is and should be, but for the sanity of mankind, there shouldn't be.
    There used to be on the internet lol. Everything you just posted is an opinion, which you're allowed to have, until you're not lol

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopy View Post
    Doesn't matter if you lose something or not. People don't want to deal with that, so hence we have the rules. You don't like the rules? Please, by all means, go find a new game where calling each other names is allowed.

A lot of people just dont care as well but dont want to give twats a stick to use either. There are shades of gray.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    or not. The new swear words
    What new swear words can't you say in WoW? Do you mean slurs?

Tell me what you lose when someone calls you names ?
    It always comes down to control, and putting the blame on others. They want to control how you act, never how they themselves react. In their heads, they are too stubborn to try and change how they are, so they honestly believe its easier to try and change everyone else. "Why should I have to grow thick skin? You're the one being rude" .

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not ? Also who decides what is and isn't allowed ?
    Rules and statements of the product you wish to use? If you cannot follow them, then you have the freedom to go away? As for the "why not" part, total freedom of speech should be quite understandable why it is controlled in artificial environments. You can go yell it outside, be considered a degenerate or lunatic all you want, but the social development of the human kind frowns on complete freedom of speech, then luckily again, freedom of speech does not mean freedom of repercussions.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What new swear words can't you say in WoW? Do you mean slurs?
    Not in wow but society in general you have to go back almost a hundred years to see people react so drastically to the current forbidden speech.

You don't know me, I don't need to be told to be nice to others, I just am. This is just a way for blizz to expedite the process of handing out bans to people who have poor self control over their emotions and feel the need to lash out on strangers because of minors hiccups. No one wants to deals with assholes on the internet, if someone berates me in group chat, i just put them on ignore and move on with my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    It always comes down to control, and putting the blame on others. They want to control how you act, never how they themselves react. In their heads, they are too stubborn to try and change how they are, so they honestly believe its easier to try and change everyone else. "Why should I have to grow thick skin? You're the one being rude" .
    Imagine unironically making this post while telling people that you should get to act however you want, and they need to change if they don't like it.

You can be a rude douchebag all you want. Just not in WoW. Just like you can't just insult the other guests in a hotel. Just like you can't just start insulting the other customers at a club.

I don't understand how this is so hard to understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    There used to be on the internet lol. Everything you just posted is an opinion, which you're allowed to have, until you're not lol
    Having an opinion, and knowing how to write it, is not the same as freedom of speech online, even in the 90s, you could get booted for blabbering something you shouldn't, like the act of demanding death upon someone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You don't know me, I don't need to be told to be nice to others, I just am.
    Could have fooled me with how you're making a fuss about a simple popup asking you to be nice to other players.

Imagine unironically making this post while telling people that you should get to act however you want, and they need to change if they don't like it.

You can be a rude douchebag all you want. Just not in WoW. Just like you can't just insult the other guests in a hotel. Just like you can't just start insulting the other customers at a club.

I perfectly understand it but im still right. You want to control how other ppl act instead of how you react to their actions.

I perfectly understand it but im still right. You want to control how other ppl act instead of how you react to their actions.
    No, you want to force your behavior onto everyone else and then dictate how they're allowed to react.

It isn't, it's precisely why these rules are dumb to begin with. Again, WHO decides what words we are allowed to say ? And you can be rude on WoW, just don't expect to keep your account very long. Again, this isn't freedom of consequences. If I'm being rude in a hotel i'd expect that they'd throw me out, how do I prevent that ? I don't say dumb shit... Pretty simple.
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

No, you want to force your behavior onto everyone else and then dictate how they're allowed to react.
    How would he do that... or how is he attempting to do that even?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you basically saying it is okay to tell people to.. for example, 'kill yourself', and the only problem in that interaction is how the other person interprets and reacts to it?

Could have fooled me with how you're making a fuss about a simple popup asking you to be nice to other players.
    I couldn't care less what the popup says, I didn't read it. Again, it's common sense to me to be polite and nice to others.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you basically saying it is okay to tell people to.. for example, 'kill yourself', and the only problem in that interaction is how the other person interprets and reacts to it?
    No, I think he's saying that it shouldn't be "illegal", doesn't it make it the right/nice thing to do. But I could be wrong.

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Again, WHO decides what words we are allowed to say ?
    Blizzard, considering it's their private property you're accessing.

If I'm being rude in a hotel i'd expect that they'd throw me out, how do I prevent that ? I don't say dumb shit... Pretty simple.
    Now you're getting it! Similarly, if you want to avoid being banned from WoW, you don't insult and harass other players.

So what's the problem?

What am I forcing onto others?

Idc if ppl are rude. Idc what ppl say to me. Im not a child who gets my feelings hurt.

You care that ppl are rude. You could brush off the things they say but you don't. You would rather change their behavior.

All of that is great until you realize that there is no universal "rude". If you join my group and 2.5k dps, and someone calls you out on it. You could consider that rude. But others would consider you doing 2.5k snd holding them back, as rude.