570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopy View Post
    Blizzard, considering it's their private property you're accessing.

Now you're getting it! Similarly, if you want to avoid being banned from WoW, you don't insult and harass other players.

So what's the problem?
    The assinine attempt of Blizzard. I'm not arguing the contents of the social contract, it's the principe of it which I find dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Are you basically saying it is okay to tell people to.. for example, 'kill yourself', and the only problem in that interaction is how the other person interprets and reacts to it?
    I personally would never tell someone that. I am not a rude person. But if someone were to say that, so what? You should be secure in yourself to not break down crying. Understand a person telling you to kill yourself is coming from a place of hurt.

I perfectly understand why wow, and businesses, and everything else don't allow those kind of words. Dont get me wrong. But my point is its shifting responsibility of your feelings, off of yourself, and onto others.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    If you join my group and 2.5k dps, and someone calls you out on it.
    You're not going to get banned for "hey, your DPS is too low, you're holding the group back." I've had to type that (or variations of it) up many many times in WoW.

Now if you're saying "hey you idiot, your f*cking DPS is trash kys" then you have a problem.

Seems very simple to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I think that for you in particular to not understand what is meant by force here is mildly amusing or mildly infuriating I can't decide what way the coin lands on that one to be honest.
    You're going to ignore everything else and focus on one point? Alright then. I'll take that as a concession.

There is still no force. Force makes it sound like you have to play WoW, or have some sort of right to play it.
    It's just a source of entertainment. You're asked to act politely, and if you can't, you're kicked out. It's as simple as that, there's multiple ways for you to go around that though. Either just stick with groups you know you can screw around with and throw all the slurs your heart desires out, or just stay silent in random groups.

Again, no one is forcing you to be actually nice.

You're not going to get banned for "hey, your DPS is too low, you're holding the group back." I've had to type that (or variations of it) up many many times in WoW.

Now if you're saying "hey you idiot, your f*cking DPS is trash kys" then you have a problem.

Seems very simple to me.
    Or ... you could grow a thicker skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You're going to ignore everything else and focus on one point? Alright then. I'll take that as a concession.

There is still no force. Force makes it sound like you have to play WoW, or have some sort of right to play it.
    It's just a source of entertainment. You're asked to act politely, and if you can't, you're kicked out. It's as simple as that, there's multiple ways for you to go around that though. Either just stick with groups you know you can screw around with and throw all the slurs your heart desires out, or just stay silent in random groups.

Wouldn't you get banned for using slurs even before this social contract shenanigans ?
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

Seems very simple to me.
    It was simply an example to show that "rude" is not universal. It comes down to interpretation. And because of that, its best to control your own emotions, Instead of trying to force others to act a certain way. Im not arguing against the social contract. Im just talking in theory

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Or ... you could grow a thicker skin.
    Or you could stick with the rules of the company whose services you're accessing.

Like any well-adjusted adult.

- - - Updated - - -

And because of that, its best to control your own emotions
    Says the one who's literally advocating for douchebags to not have to control their emotions.

Damn, but this irony tastes good.

Or you could stick with the rules of the company whose services you're accessing.

This is exactly the point I was trying to make. Wow can do and enforce whatever they like. But you can't control getting your emotions hurt, so instead of growing thicker skin and becoming secure, you shift the responsibility onto others. You have blizzard step in to shield you against st things that would hurt your emotions.

If you are threatening do X or I will harm you its force..

In this case its harming a license they hold. Its such a basic concept I admit I thought you were being tongue and cheek about it not genuine.

You even contradicted yourself in your own post listing the force they apply to compel behavior. You can claim I've absconded any point you wish to I am always willing to break down easy to understand principles into absurdly easy to understand ones to clear up confusion for you as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Says the one who's literally advocating for douchebags to not have to control their emotions.

I dont care about douchebags emotions. Im advocating that no one, not even douchebags, have to control what they say.

Wouldn't you get banned for using slurs even before this social contract shenanigans ?
    Yes. Pretty much everything on the contract would get you banned anyway, it's just Blizzard's way of letting players know again, "Hey there's rules" as part of their reform for the game it seems. Probably to crack down harder on toxicity but that's yet to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't understand what you're trying to get at ? I've played WoW on and off since it's release (or close to), I am not rude to other players, I don't use slurs or any other derogatary terms (can't spell ...). I have never been suspended in any online game I've played. I do not understand why all of a sudden we need to police a safe space because people don't have the mental fortitude to not break down crying (supposedly) because someone berated them over a video game.

Azharok - Dalaran EU

This is exactly the point I was trying to make. Wow can do and enforce whatever they like. But you can't control getting your emotions hurt, so instead of growing thicker skin and becoming secure, you shift the responsibility onto others. You have blizzard step in to shield you against st things that would hurt your emotions.
    It's not about shielding emotions. It's about people not wanting to play with jerks.

It's very simple. If you're a player who repeatedly gets banned for your behavior, then it means that people don't want to play with you. It's only natural that at some point, the owners of the game you're accessing are going to remove you from their game. Just like when you're being a douche at the club and the other patrons continue to complain to the owner/manager about your behavior, you are probably going to be asked to leave at some point. And it won't be a request.

- - - Updated - - -

I dont care about douchebags emotions. Im advocating that no one, not even douchebags, have to control what they say.
    Okay, go on Twitter and threaten the president's life. See how that works out for you.

Or if that's a bit too high stakes for you, go to a club this weekend and start insulting the other patrons.

Okay, go on Twitter and threaten the president's life. See how that works out for you.
    That's not protected speech as far as I'm aware though. You can call him names though.

I don't think anyone here is arguing that you should be free from consequences.
    Last edited by Azharok; 2022-06-03 at 04:53 PM.

Azharok - Dalaran EU

If you are threatening do X or I will harm you its force..

In this case its harming a license they hold. Its such a basic concept I admit I thought you were being tongue and cheek about it not genuine.

You even contradicted yourself in your own post listing the force they apply to compel behavior. You can claim I've absconded any point you wish to I am always willing to break down easy to understand principles into absurdly easy to understand ones to clear up confusion for you as well.
    There is no harm. You're not being harmed.

I'm not sure why I have to explain this to you. I'm not sure why you think talking down to people is proving a point.

That's not protected speech as far as I'm aware though. You can call him names though.
    So see my edit:

Or if that's a bit too high stakes for you, go to a club this weekend and start insulting the other patrons.
    Come back tomorrow or on monday and let us know how it went for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    So see my edit:

Come back tomorrow or on monday and let us know how it went for you.
    They won’t go. People looking to start a fight will take the path of least resistance, online, where they can cower behind their avatars.

There is no harm. You're not being harmed.

I'm not sure why I have to explain this to you. I'm not sure why you think talking down to people is proving a point.
    Again do as I say or I will destroy a property or good you possess is the threat of harm.

Your counter point is akin to me saying I will murder your dog unless you make a ham sandwich and you signing and shrugging " well he didn't use force against me at least".

It's a childish interpretation and like I said earlier it's such a poor argument I can't tell if you are trying to take the piss or not.

Again do as I say or I will destroy a property or good you possess is the threat of harm.

Your counter point is akin to me saying I will murder your dog unless you make a ham sandwich and you signing and shrugging " well he didn't use force against me at least".

It's a childish interpretation and like I said earlier it's such a poor argument I can't tell if you are trying to take the piss or not.
    You seem to be unable to listen.

They are asking you, "hey don't act this way". There isn't a "ACT THIS WAY". There's a "don't act THIS ONE WAY IN PARTICULAR please".

And if you really think of WoW like a part of your family, then man I don't know what to say to that besides perhaps take a break from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Accept. I’m not a fucking sociopath lol
    How does hitting no make one a sociopath