570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopy View Post
    Come back tomorrow or on monday and let us know how it went for you.
    Would it be okay if I got kicked out from a club for sharing an unpopular opinion ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

It's not about shielding emotions. It's about people not wanting to play with jerks.

It's very simple. If you're a player who repeatedly gets banned for your behavior, then it means that people don't want to play with you. It's only natural that at some point, the owners of the game you're accessing are going to remove you from their game. Just like when you're being a douche at the club and the other patrons continue to complain to the owner/manager about your behavior, you are probably going to be asked to leave at some point. And it won't be a request.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, go on Twitter and threaten the president's life. See how that works out for you.

Or if that's a bit too high stakes for you, go to a club this weekend and start insulting the other patrons.
    You don't understand my position at all and I don't see that changing.

In my ideal world, everyone is nice and this isn't a problem. I fully understand why business have rules for code of conduct. I am talking in theory.

If something upsets you, you are insecure about it. The best thing you as a person can do, is work on that insecurity. It is not up to other ppl to know all of your insecurities, and dance around them for you. No one will know what will trigger you, and everybody interprets things differently. Thats all I've been trying to say. Im not against this social contract, just to be clear. But the ppl that it is trying to protect, would be better off if they worked on rhemselves. (Same with the "douchebags" who are intentionally trying to be rude)

I was answering the question "Tell me what you lose when someone calls you names?" When you responded to my post about my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    They won’t go. People looking to start a fight will take the path of least resistance, online, where they can cower behind their avatars.
    Nice bait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

So see my edit:

Come back tomorrow or on monday and let us know how it went for you.
    What makes you think I'm looking for a fight? You seem to be getting emotional while I'm just talking theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Would it be okay if I got kicked out from a club for sharing an unpopular opinion ?
    It depends on the owner and their own personal views whether they'll allow it or not. They do reserve right of admission and don't have to provide you a space in which to voice your unpopular opinion.

Mandatory xkcd:

https://xkcd.com/1357/

It depends on the owner and their own personal views whether they'll allow it or not. They do reserve right of admission and don't have to provide you a space in which to voice your unpopular opinion.

Mandatory xkcd:

https://xkcd.com/1357/
    No one is talking about legal rights. Morally, is it ok to remove someone because you don't like their opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You seem to be unable to listen.

They are asking you, "hey don't act this way". There isn't a "ACT THIS WAY". There's a "don't act THIS ONE WAY IN PARTICULAR please".

And if you really think of WoW like a part of your family, then man I don't know what to say to that besides perhaps take a break from the game.
    I understand exactly what they are asking I've made that excessively clear...

I don't get the family part. Replace a dog with a breaking chair or something then? The point was a connection to property.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice bait.
    What bait? It’s human behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    What makes you think I'm looking for a fight? You seem to be getting emotional while I'm just talking theory.
    I'm not saying you're looking for a fight.

I'm trying to illustrate that private businesses have the right to do business with whomever they choose (barring a couple of constitutionally protected things, which does not include "being a dick to other players in an online game") and Blizzard is one such business.

There are rules for what you are and are not allowed to say to other customers in a night club, and there are rules for what you are and are not allowed to say to other players in World of Warcraft. Adhere to them, or find a new night club/mmo to patronise. It's incredibly simple.

As for the rest of your pseudo-scientific babble, go share your psychological theory with a psychologist and come back here to report on how hard they laughed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we going to pretend it’s about unpopular opinions and not harassment? Or is this about finding excuses to behave like a donkey?

I'm not saying you're looking for a fight.

I'm trying to illustrate that private businesses have the right to do business with whomever they choose (barring a couple of constitutionally protected things, which does not include "being a dick to other players in an online game") and Blizzard is one such business.

There are rules for what you are and are not allowed to say to other customers in a night club, and there are rules for what you are and are not allowed to say to other players in World of Warcraft. Adhere to them, or find a new night club/mmo to patronise. It's incredibly simple.

As for the rest of your pseudo-scientific babble, go share your psychological theory with a psychologist and come back here to report on how hard they laughed.
    Ok this is a waste of time. I hope you have a good day and don't encounter any rude people.

Did you say the last part to be rude? Cause it looks that way lol

Morally, is it ok to remove someone because you don't like their opinion?
    If it's on private property, yes. Nobody has a moral obligation to host someone whose opinion they don't like.

Ok this is a waste of time. I hope you have a good day and don't encounter any rude people.
    Thanks. I also hope that I don't encounter you in real life or in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I understand exactly what they are asking I've made that excessively clear...

I don't get the family part. Replace a dog with a breaking chair or something then? The point was a connection to property.
    You apparently don't because you keep making the weirdest responses.

You don't own WoW. It's not even relatable to property. You realize that, right? You pay for the ability to use their service, at no point do you own the game actually. It doesn't matter how you feel about it, that's the truth about the game.

And they have every right to ask you (not force) to not act a certain way. You do not have to be overly kind and helpful to everyone. You don't actually even have to be polite, it was just an easy way to describe it honestly because I didn't think I'd have to put this much text into explaining this to you. You could play the game and literally never talk to anyone. You could be sarcastic to people if you want.

All they're asking is that you don't be disruptively rude and a dick. There's a specific type of behavior they're asking you leave at the door before entering. There is no force, otherwise you wouldn't be able to do it at all. That's what force is. You are given a choice instead, refrain from acting that way, or be shown the door.

You're so far down a rabbit hole though of conspiracy at this point that you seem to conflate anyone asking you to behave as trying to forcefully indoctrinate you or something. I mean, hell the fact that you thought a dog was an acceptable comparison for property in the first place should have been telling.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2022-06-03 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You apparently don't because you keep making the weirdest responses.

You don't own WoW. It's not even relatable to property. You realize that, right? You pay for the ability to use their service, at no point do you own the game actually. It doesn't matter how you feel about it, that's the truth about the game.

And they have every right to ask you (not force) to not act a certain way. You do not have to be overly kind and helpful to everyone. You don't actually even have to be polite, it was just an easy way to describe it honestly because I didn't think I'd have to put this much text into explaining this to you. You could play the game and literally never talk to anyone. You could be sarcastic to people if you want.

All they're asking is that you don't be disruptively rude and a dick. There's a specific type of behavior they're asking you leave at the door before entering. There is no force, otherwise you wouldn't be able to do it at all. That's what force is. You are given a choice instead, refrain from acting that way, or be shown the door.

You're so far down a rabbit hole though of conspiracy at this point that you seem to conflate anyone asking you to behave as trying to forcefully indoctrinate you or something.
    Perhaps I use to flowery of terms to explain myself and it leave you lost in wood so to speak...there I go again.

That " access" as you put it is the license you own. It is clearly a good and has monetary value. Now I will make the peralious leap of logic that so far I haven't lost you...

Now my entire point was I would rather corporations not actively censor players of their games as strictly or even have the ability to do so.

Now to cut off your mindless counter response before you type it. Yes clearly there must be some limitations. It is my belief they should be restricted to the legal limitations.

Hopefully that helps you somewhat in comprehending what is being discussed. I have no idea what conspiracy I am peddling...or is that mystery a part of it?

Perhaps I use to flowery of terms to explain myself and it leave you lost in wood so to speak...there I go again.

That " access" as you put it is the license you own. It is clearly a good and has monetary value. Now I will make the peralious leap of logic that so far I haven't lost you...

Now my entire point was I would rather corporations not actively censor players of their games as strictly or even have the ability to do so.

Now to cut off your mindless counter response before you type it. Yes clearly there must be some limitations. It is my belief they should be restricted to the legal limitations.

Hopefully that helps you somewhat in comprehending what is being discussed. I have no idea what conspiracy I am peddling...or is that mystery a part of it?
    Considering you think being asked not to be a dick to other people is censorship, you very much are peddling a conspiracy.

Do you also consider it censorship when you go to your local nightclub, start insulting other customers and are then asked to leave?

Considering you think being asked not to be a dick to other people is censorship, you very much are peddling a conspiracy.

Do you also consider it censorship when you go to your local nightclub, start insulting other customers and are then asked to leave?
    I think I'm not going to answer posts that answer themselves first to be honest...

10+ Year Old Account

That would never help retain clients. It’s bad for business. People don’t gravitate towards a business or product with bad service.

If we want to go with legal terms then ‘disturbing the peace’ fits the bill, we’d be back to square one in debating what entails ‘disturbing the peace.’ Not to mention laws are constantly evolving.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-06-03 at 05:22 PM.

Nice bait.
    Bait...but honest ass truth
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

I think I'm not going to answer posts that answer themselves first to be honest...
    No, you don't want to answer it because you know it would blow your arguments out of the water.

Again, this is just condescending/arrogance. You're not actually making a point, you're shoving your fingers in your ears and going "LALALALA, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME JUST BECAUSE I'M TOO BIG BRAINED FOR YOU".

I don't care what your logic is. I'm telling you straight up what the EULA says when you accept it.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Your use of the Platform is licensed, not sold, to you, and you hereby acknowledge that no title or ownership with respect to the Platform or the Games is being transferred or assigned and this Agreement should not be construed as a sale of any rights. All access to and use of the Platform and the Games is subject to this Agreement, the applicable software documentation, and our Privacy Policy (accessible at https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal/) (collectively, the “Complete Terms”).
    I bolded and increased the size of the important part to you. There is no value to your license.

And as I told you, look elsewhere then because WoW has never been that game.

Again, insulting instead of actually having any substance. You keep moving your idea of what you're arguing around whenever you're challenged on a single part of it.

Again, the more you need to act as if you're smarter and that's why no one is understanding you, the more you undermine your own point. If you were so intelligence compared to the rest of us, you wouldn't have to keep bragging about it.