Voters
570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Exactly, but you don't know who's listening and what people find offensive. And like I've said a dozen times already: there are topics in game that people find offensive already, and if you talk about them you could hurt someone's sensitivities. It's not about saying inflammatory things, that's a red herring. It's about being able to talk about literally anything.
    I mean maybe not talk about sensitive stuff in public chat?

Like I wanna talk about politics stuff and my opinions are spicy!

Trade? Probably not
    Group chat with friends? Yes!
    Group chat with randos? No
    Guild? Maybe
    LFR? No
    Raid chat with guild? Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Yakut View Post
    I stopped here because I already knew that the summary of your response was going to be as ludicrous as the source.
    This coming from someone who falsely claimed that "yelling fire in a crowded theater" is against the law, this is pretty rich. You do understand there is a difference between ideology and law don't you?

No one here is making a legal argument, you're just using it as a strawman defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    I honestly think you just enjoy fighting. Personally, there are 3 people missing from Proudmoore who were always in General Chat and have not been heard from for days. Anecdotal sure... but it gives me hope I can help eliminate every jerkwad who just wants to act like an asshat til we get back to having few anonymous keyboard cowboys who like to fight, troll, and tell everyone else their words and ideas are the only correct ones. I'm not a fan of passive/aggressive conversation.
    So you don't like other people demanding others adhere to their personal preferences, but have made it clear you want to control who does and does not play the game based on your personal preferences?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    I mean maybe not talk about sensitive stuff in public chat?

Like I wanna talk about politics stuff and my opinions are spicy!

Trade? Probably not
    Group chat with friends? Yes!
    Group chat with randos? No
    Guild? Maybe
    LFR? No
    Raid chat with guild? Maybe
    Is it ok to talk about genocide and murder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Nobody uses Online forums anymore.

Why would I ever expose myself to you people on WoW, ofcourse i'll accept the social contract because 99.99% of my interaction with/regarding WoW is on discord or literally any other medium than WoW itself.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Is it ok to talk about genocide and murder?
    Once again context matters....and if you don't get that you probably shouldn't be talking about it but if you need help on that

Genocide that happened in lore? Probably ok
    Genocide that happened in history: probably not in public channels depends on how you are talking about it but more then likely no
    High profile murder trial? Probably fine
    The MTG card Murder? Definitely ok
    You wanting to murder someone? Not ok
    You believing genocide is the right course of action cause fuck you <insert nationality here> NOT OK
    Graphically talking about violence? Not ok
    Using the term murder to describe how badly someone lost a competition: OK

Like honestly you gotta ask would your mother slap the shit out of you or would your boss fire you if they heard you talking like that?
    Last edited by Mysterymask; 2022-06-07 at 02:20 AM.

As this thread has been pretty conclusively derailed into discussing politics and legal issues well beyond the WoW social contract, it will now be closed.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man