View Poll Results: I will press...

Voters
570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

    461 80.88%
  • Exit game

    109 19.12%
Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Of course if you want to play Warcraft you have to click AGREE.

    Although there could be better options to deal with the full community, but Blizzard choose this as and end all solution.

    I been playing Warcraft for a decade and a half, on a few servers, interacted with 10000s of people through solo to full raiding / pvping. Doing everything Warcraft has to offer each expansion. From my experience and most likely anyone that is this involved in the game from casual to extreme raiding, you find people that can and will turn on you, to extremes that Blizzard is making this social contract about. Now if I was "soft" and this contract started back in 2006 I would have over 10000s of people removed from Warcraft. From casual to ragers there are people that have that extra keyboard courage that in real life pull a 180 easy, but in Warcraft they got all that courage to insult, trash talk, threat, and use all the options in Warcraft to report you to Blizzard. I don' t use the ignore feature or I would lose everyone in game due to this future contract. 1 of my alts is on a low population server and I invest time promoting community with group functions, killing of rares, and old / new raiding. This contract promotes this even more...but a recent hit on me, tells me to avoid this community social stuff. It literally leaves you open to be reported for anything, get enough of them and I doubt even Blizzard will fact check everything, 1 vs all...you will lose your account. Warcraft won' t end due to this social contract but they will lose subs and players from alot of reporting because people are soft and the rest not using ignore vs reporting for anything / everything.

    MAYBE WARCRAFT will have achievement points added for reporting, and maybe a scoreboard website of the top 100 per server so we all see who is doing an amazing job being TOO SOFT...(cough)... cleaning up the servers.

    Im hoping for a mount like a large Klennex Box you fly and toss tissues out as the mount special.
    Last edited by Warcraftarian; 2022-05-15 at 08:26 PM.

  2. #62
    quite funny 13 people will open the game just to exit it...

  3. #63
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    I'm just curious.
    Accept, of course?

    For I know how to act and behave around people, and thus have nothing to fear? I would of course be laughing at the screen first, but not because of Blizzard making such bullshit, but because players in our GOD DAMN GAME THAT SOME CALL A SECOND HOME, can't figure out how to behave around other people, and thus we're now having to look at such joke of a document.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Accept, of course?

    For I know how to act and behave around people, and thus have nothing to fear? I would of course be laughing at the screen first, but not because of Blizzard making such bullshit, but because players in our GOD DAMN GAME THAT SOME CALL A SECOND HOME, can't figure out how to behave around other people, and thus we're now having to look at such joke of a document.
    Have you ever had an infraction on this forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I like WillE just as much as the next guy
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i have several gay friends at work, and i know at least 6 other gay people

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Its not, its just that some gamers feel entitled to act anti-social and abusive in their online presence.
    It is so Blizzard looks like they care. It is smoke and mirrors from them yet again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

  6. #66
    I will Accept because I tend not to treat others like shit in a game as I understand people have issues of their own, I'm also not a complete asshole.

  7. #67
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    The social contract is about as useful as religion. You don't need a scripture to tell you what's good and what's bad. This stuff is more intended for the woke left to be able to get anyone banned who thinks differently from them. Pretty much also like a religion.

    I wonder if the Blizzard employees will sign the same document... then again they don't play their own game
    Simple...don't want to get banned? Don't be a shit human being...you're just crying because you want to be a shit human being.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

  8. #68
    Guessing the VAST majority will press Accept.

    The question should be what the company and it's developers will press, because, well, they were the ones doing the actions that led to their lawsuits in the first place.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcraftarian View Post
    Of course if you want to play Warcraft you have to click AGREE.

    Although there could be better options to deal with the full community, but Blizzard choose this as and end all solution.

    I been playing Warcraft for a decade and a half, on a few servers, interacted with 10000s of people through solo to full raiding / pvping. Doing everything Warcraft has to offer each expansion. From my experience and most likely anyone that is this involved in the game from casual to extreme raiding, you find people that can and will turn on you, to extremes that Blizzard is making this social contract about. Now if I was "soft" and this contract started back in 2006 I would have over 10000s of people removed from Warcraft. From casual to ragers there are people that have that extra keyboard courage that in real life pull a 180 easy, but in Warcraft they got all that courage to insult, trash talk, threat, and use all the options in Warcraft to report you to Blizzard. I don' t use the ignore feature or I would lose everyone in game due to this future contract. 1 of my alts is on a low population server and I invest time promoting community with group functions, killing of rares, and old / new raiding. This contract promotes this even more...but a recent hit on me, tells me to avoid this community social stuff. It literally leaves you open to be reported for anything, get enough of them and I doubt even Blizzard will fact check everything, 1 vs all...you will lose your account. Warcraft won' t end due to this social contract but they will lose subs and players from alot of reporting because people are soft and the rest not using ignore vs reporting for anything / everything.

    MAYBE WARCRAFT will have achievement points added for reporting, and maybe a scoreboard website of the top 100 per server so we all see who is doing an amazing job being TOO SOFT...(cough)... cleaning up the servers.

    Im hoping for a mount like a large Klennex Box you fly and toss tissues out as the mount special.
    League of legends requires this ordeal as well with the summoner code when you make an account before you can even play. they put it in so that NO ONE has a reason to say i did not know and they can start dishing out 1-2 month bans without appeals or worse like ff14 does.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Simple...don't want to get banned? Don't be a shit human being...you're just crying because you want to be a shit human being.
    I'm going to press yes and i've never had any warning or anything like that on my account ever since vanilla. BUT

    This new thing is virtue signaling and its going to make 0 difference. Most of the playerbase isnt the american woke left and just find stuff like this demeaning and annoying.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I'm going to press yes and i've never had any warning or anything like that on my account ever since vanilla. BUT

    This new thing is virtue signaling and its going to make 0 difference. Most of the playerbase isnt the american woke left and just find stuff like this demeaning and annoying.
    most of the player base doesn't exist anymore, period. they've moved onto other games, most of which are much more likely to clamp down on the exact sorts of people who get upset over "virtue signaling" or are even concerned with the concept.

    like, really what I'm trying to say is no one is shoving this in your face like you say it is.

  12. #72
    Accept/Agree without reading it just like any game i play that something pops up on.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    League of legends requires this ordeal as well with the summoner code when you make an account before you can even play. they put it in so that NO ONE has a reason to say i did not know and they can start dishing out 1-2 month bans without appeals or worse like ff14 does.
    I only play Warcraft as computer game, but I accept the League of Legends terms or any game, Warcrafts social contract is a bit late. I' m fine with it, but not blind to its abusive nature it will create. What ever system Blizzard uses to watch people, fact check the reports and especially track not just the reports but the people making them. I know alot of people in this game with attitudes / jealousies towards others, who over the years report others for just the sake of reporting, nothing was done intentional to them but hey if you can report that person and it sticks lets try right? This is why if Blizzard doesn' t do full fact checks vs just hear say drama alot of people are doomed, like I said earlier people nature rolls off me, but I should apply for a job at Blizzard be 1 of these taking in these reports and making a % of banning people, its the new bitcoin get rich thing, trust me.
    Last edited by Warcraftarian; 2022-05-15 at 08:50 PM.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Accept, of course?

    For I know how to act and behave around people, and thus have nothing to fear? I would of course be laughing at the screen first, but not because of Blizzard making such bullshit, but because players in our GOD DAMN GAME THAT SOME CALL A SECOND HOME, can't figure out how to behave around other people, and thus we're now having to look at such joke of a document.
    Yeah I think that I'm just gonna hit accept and act like I always have

  15. #75
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,635
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Have you ever had an infraction on this forum?
    I have, actually. Five in total. All experienced, of course, none appealed due to knowing the rules I have broken. Previous infractions were not connected to ill behavior towards people if you were pondering.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  16. #76
    As if anyone who got to that point would press anything eycept accept.

    It is a fucking button that doesn't mean anything. Like every ohter thing that pops up when you start a programm.

    People voting "exit the game" are lying. Complete and utter bullshit.

  17. #77
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    Yeah I think that I'm just gonna hit accept and act like I always have
    All up to you(?)Silly answer, of course, your actions are your own as long as you know how to act like a decent human being with flawed personality and you shouldn't have problems with such a thing, but with this contract and the updated report system, I sense they are opening the doors for easier reporting of ill behavior.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2022-05-15 at 09:12 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  18. #78
    Let's see how many bitch about this then turn around and keep playing

  19. #79
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Let's see how many bitch about this then turn around and keep playing
    It is just a little edgier to claim they are going to start the game just to quit the game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  20. #80
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Just checked, the ignore list still works in game. Why can't we let people choose the kind of people they want to play with without banning anyone for saying mean words? Why is the idea of this so insane to you?
    Because the bad pushes out the good. When Trade Chat is full of A.N.A.L. jokes, people hide or leave Trade, and it's no longer fit for purpose. On top of that, Mum comes past and sees that crap on her kid's screen, and now that kid isn't playing WoW any more and Activision is out some cash.

    Sure, you can hit ignore over and over until the junk is all gone (assuming the ignore list is big enough - it used to be capped at something like 50), but you still have to wade through the stuff to do that, and that takes time. If you have to keep ignoring people you run into in pugs because they behave terribly and are insulting, etc., well you've still had to endure that stuff before you got to ignore them.

    As it costs nobody anything to behave reasonably and keep silent if they haven't something non-negative to say, better to require that people remain civil.

    Why should the victim of someone's bile have to be the one that has the burden of acting? And why should the best they can do be to put earplugs in?

    Again, when you don't put limits on bad behaviour, the bad pushes out the good, the a**holes displace the good and the average, and you end up with a cesspit of awfulness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •