View Poll Results: I will press...

Voters
570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

    461 80.88%
  • Exit game

    109 19.12%
Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Brewmaster Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Dude.

    Jewish space lasers.

    The gazpacho police.

    Hurricane guns.

    Injecting and/or drinking bleach.

    Swallowing horse deworming pills.

    These are actual things conservatives have been screeching about. Show me anything by the left - anything - that's anywhere near as far out there as this stuff.
    None of those were widespread beliefs that people focused on. Not a single fucking one. When we look at the left we can look at:
    The gender pay gap
    That black people are hunted down by the police on a consistent basis
    That Trump was a fascist dictator
    Russia Collusion
    Hunter Biden laptop
    Fuck man, in 2017 even super left wing media outlets like The Atlantic and Vox were talking about how at least 20% of information flowing from the left was straight up lies. Some of these lies I can't even talk about here without risking a ban, even with explicit evidence.

    This isn't to say that the right has no crazy conspiracies, but you're coming in here with your own fucking conspiracy that any of these beliefs were actually held by more than an extreme minority of obviously batshit individuals.

  2. #122
    I would like a game where I could cut loose like early internet days.

    That said it's kind of a whatever thing.

  3. #123
    I consider to have already accepted to it for years on the ToS and I'm not some weird anti-social with a constant need to berrate others, so I'll accept and move on with my day.

    (Plus, we all know that blizzard is incapable of enforcing nice social behavior, so even if I disagreed, I'd "agree" regardless and keep on being toxic - Why is anyone making a big deal out of this?)

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    This isn't to say that the right has no crazy conspiracies, but you're coming in here with your own fucking conspiracy that any of these beliefs were actually held by more than an extreme minority of obviously batshit individuals.
    Ahh yes, such an extreme minority of batshit individuals that, for example, multiple Right wing states reported such a drastic uptick in cases of self poisoning from animal grade ivermectin that their poison control centres LITERALLY needed to make official government announcements to not use the shit to treat covid. Which had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Right Wing Talking Heads were hypeing the stuff to every dipshit who would listen.

    Such an extreme minority of batshit individuals that they managed to instigate a goddamned insurrection and LITERALLY physically assault the seat of the national government based on nothing more than bullshit and lies.

    I think you are vastly underestimating the level of crazy hiding under the surface of the Right.

    It's also mind boggling that of all the possible examples of "left wing crazy" you chose:
    - The Gender Pay Gap (which has extensive, documented support on it's side).
    - Police Racism (which again, has extensive, documented support on it's side).
    - Russia Collusion (seeing a pattern here).

    and then the Hunter Biden Laptop, which is a Right Wing conspiracy, not a Left one.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    This game is becoming more trouble than it's worth.
    May as well get into fitness or take up painting.
    God forbid you have to click a button once. So much trouble.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Ahh yes, such an extreme minority of batshit individuals that, for example, multiple Right wing states reported such a drastic uptick in cases of self poisoning from animal grade ivermectin that their poison control centres LITERALLY needed to make official government announcements to not use the shit to treat covid. Which had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Right Wing Talking Heads were hypeing the stuff to every dipshit who would listen.

    Such an extreme minority of batshit individuals that they managed to instigate a goddamned insurrection and LITERALLY physically assault the seat of the national government based on nothing more than bullshit and lies.

    I think you are vastly underestimating the level of crazy hiding under the surface of the Right.

    It's also mind boggling that of all the possible examples of "left wing crazy" you chose:
    - The Gender Pay Gap (which has extensive, documented support on it's side).
    - Police Racism (which again, has extensive, documented support on it's side).
    - Russia Collusion (seeing a pattern here).

    and then the Hunter Biden Laptop, which is a Right Wing conspiracy, not a Left one.
    its mind boggling that People still believe in the Gender Pay Gap Myth

    its mind boggling that People still believe in Police Racism when its well documented that its not the case

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    its mind boggling that People still believe in the Gender Pay Gap Myth

    its mind boggling that People still believe in Police Racism when its well documented that its not the case
    Blizzard proved that there was a gender pay gap lol.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Blizzard proved that there was a gender pay gap lol.
    You mean when a man and a woman were both given the same position and the woman shortly after quit because she was being paid less than the man when no evidence was ever shown as to their previous positions or seniority.

    For example a man appointed a co-president after being a vice president for, ass numbers here, 7 years should totally be paid more than a woman appointed a co-president who held a lower position previously for less time.

    Again, none of this information was ever shared. A man was paid more than a woman, ergo sexism, game over. No investigation needed.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Ahh yes, such an extreme minority of batshit individuals that, for example, multiple Right wing states reported such a drastic uptick in cases of self poisoning from animal grade ivermectin that their poison control centres LITERALLY needed to make official government announcements to not use the shit to treat covid. Which had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Right Wing Talking Heads were hypeing the stuff to every dipshit who would listen.

    Such an extreme minority of batshit individuals that they managed to instigate a goddamned insurrection and LITERALLY physically assault the seat of the national government based on nothing more than bullshit and lies.

    I think you are vastly underestimating the level of crazy hiding under the surface of the Right.

    It's also mind boggling that of all the possible examples of "left wing crazy" you chose:
    - The Gender Pay Gap (which has extensive, documented support on it's side).
    - Police Racism (which again, has extensive, documented support on it's side).
    - Russia Collusion (seeing a pattern here).

    and then the Hunter Biden Laptop, which is a Right Wing conspiracy, not a Left one.
    Bolded for needing citations.

    A conspiracy isn't something that is untenable. In fact, the Hunter laptop is a conspiracy, because every media outlet was in cahoots to subvert that story. Hunter is still under investigation for tax related crimes.

    Gender pay gap is a misnomer, because it compares total male earnings to total female earnings. Where it should compare a single position that has both men and women, and see if there is a discrepancy on a position by position basis, and consider experience and length of being in the position, etc.

    Police racism has extensive bad statistics. Police kill upward of a 1000 people per year in the US. While some races are over represented, correlation does not imply causation. And the cause normally is not race, but the individual having a weapon. Tragically the best reporting site for this had it's domain snatched and belongs to a firearm advertisement company. However, data from 2015 to almost the end of 2020 are still available here:https://web.archive.org/web/20210107...dbypolice.net/ on the wayback machine.

  10. #130
    I will treat it exactly like any other terms and services type message, completely ignore it and hit accept so I can play the game. All the progressive woke nonsense annoys me to no end, but clicking an accept button to play a video game is fine. I never really talk to anyone but friends when I play anyway, so there will be no chances for some delusional snowflake to get offended. None of that crap should be discussed on the game anyway, people should keep their personal lives and views to themselves.

  11. #131
    I am Murloc! Usagi Senshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Rabbit Hole
    Posts
    5,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I will treat it exactly like any other terms and services type message, completely ignore it and hit accept so I can play the game. All the progressive woke nonsense annoys me to no end, but clicking an accept button to play a video game is fine. I never really talk to anyone but friends when I play anyway, so there will be no chances for some delusional snowflake to get offended. None of that crap should be discussed on the game anyway, people should keep their personal lives and views to themselves.
    I like you, I'm a liberal and hate the far bits on both ends.

    Just play the game and ignore the fucktards, report or ignore them if need be.

    Its not hard
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

  12. #132
    The old TOS had whiney crap in it too. Ignore it and hit accept to get it off your screen like all the other ones is all I can say. People are going to choose to be offended because it makes them feel special, nothing you can do to change that until they get a little older so just keep going.
    Mighty one, never forget.

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Leftwing woke goes a step beyond normal by actively harassing and insulting those people they disagree with. There is only their side... or the enemy
    how dare people think literal natzis arent enemies,lemme guess,good people on both sides DERP!

  14. #134
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...pay-gap-facts/

    Gender paygap generally use median values. Total would be a very very bad metric. Consider average pay in the us. Jeff Bezoes and Bill Gates themselves averaged with every homeless would make it look like everyone in American could afford a private jet. If you do like pew research there are groups in every country. They all use medians for these kind of data.

    The paygap does exist. I mean look at Blizzard not giving responsibilitys to fertile women because the "might get pregnant". That stuff slows your career and hurts your resume. In just the mmo industry we have seen the denial of seniority for women publicly.

    And about pedophiles in government. If the Us really didn't want pedos in charge they would not have modeled their government off of the Greeks.

    - - - Updated - - -

    What are you talking about the blizz investigation by the state of CA was 2 years long. The government of CA has a multi billion dollar surplus this year. They did not spend the cash on that investigation NOT expecting a payout.

  15. #135
    Brewmaster Goatfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Stars
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Ahh yes, such an extreme minority of batshit individuals that, for example, multiple Right wing states reported such a drastic uptick in cases of self poisoning from animal grade ivermectin that their poison control centres LITERALLY needed to make official government announcements to not use the shit to treat covid. Which had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Right Wing Talking Heads were hypeing the stuff to every dipshit who would listen.

    Such an extreme minority of batshit individuals that they managed to instigate a goddamned insurrection and LITERALLY physically assault the seat of the national government based on nothing more than bullshit and lies.

    I think you are vastly underestimating the level of crazy hiding under the surface of the Right.

    It's also mind boggling that of all the possible examples of "left wing crazy" you chose:
    - The Gender Pay Gap (which has extensive, documented support on it's side).
    - Police Racism (which again, has extensive, documented support on it's side).
    - Russia Collusion (seeing a pattern here).

    and then the Hunter Biden Laptop, which is a Right Wing conspiracy, not a Left one.
    You've gone off the deep end. Please do some research to get some context on all of these issues. The pay gap has been disproven for decades at this point. Using the very highest of intersectionality to compare apples to apples, and I quote, "The controlled gender pay gap is $0.99 for every $1 men make" We're talking less than a 1% difference in income, or a $500 difference when making $50k/year, but these people are fighting for equality of outcome, so 1% or less is enough to scream and cry forever.

    Widespread police racism is incredibly iffy. We're honestly getting into grounds of "maybe they have unconscious racism" to have any hope of saying it's real. Most of it is directly attributable to crime rates and police procedure, and not cops wearing Klan robes. Many of the studies I've seen still trying to prove it, including from the fallen ACLU are looking at data from the past century. We spent millions of tax dollars to investigate Russia collusion and found literally nothing. The Biden laptop was suppressed by left wing media and called a Russian hoax. Seeing a pattern here?

    As far as the other side, the number of calls for poisonings from Ivermectin was around 450 people up from like 200, the number of deaths from it was 2. and the so called insurrection was the act of maybe a few hundred bad actors, most of the people arrested and detained unlawfully for over a year now are being released on no charges.

    You're trying to pretend I'm some right wing nutjob, but I'm honestly somebody who is trying to look at things in context. It feels like nearly every major news story in the past 5 years coming out of left wing sources has turned out to be fabricated, exaggerated, or just plain wrong. Many of which have directly led to riots and death due to playing with these truths to promote so called "social justice". Cry wolf enough and it becomes real hard to trust anything you say without really looking into it, and when the lies directly lead to riots and huge amounts of property damage, they become a lot harder to forgive.

    People have such a false perception of America that it's no wonder so many people are coming to hate it. I mean just look at the polling on many issues here. People don't even know what they are fighting for or what statistics actually matter and why.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...pay-gap-facts/

    Gender paygap generally use median values. Total would be a very very bad metric. Consider average pay in the us. Jeff Bezoes and Bill Gates themselves averaged with every homeless would make it look like everyone in American could afford a private jet. If you do like pew research there are groups in every country. They all use medians for these kind of data.

    The paygap does exist. .
    My studies disagree with yours when controlling for variables.

  16. #136
    "i have read & agree with terms & conditions"

    i believe that 99% of players dont give a fuck about those words, they are decent human beings who just wanna play video games.

    the words are hollow and pointless and only for display, like plastic fruits.

    i roll my eyes at people who think the words are necessary, and those who complain about them as if its the end of the world.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2022-05-16 at 04:42 AM.

  17. #137
    Wait, people talk to other people in WoW?

    wtf

  18. #138
    I'll just hit accept because I'm not a petulant child

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    There is a woke right. It's called "red-pilled" (from the movie Matrix, where Neo awakens from the Matrix after taking the red pill), which basically is the same thing.
    On the left side you have the things like society supression of free will, the rule of the patriarchy, etc.
    On the right side you have things like chemtrails/vaccines/5G suppressing free will, secret world government, etc.

    It's pretty much the same concept: Elevating your group over the others by demeaning their opinions coming from a state of either mind control or internalized societal rules. Pretty much anyone who is against you just doesn't know the real truth and thus can't form a "real" opinion.
    On both sides the "elites" are the bad guys and the current order has to be eradicated to establish something new.

    OT: Of course I'll press accept. It's like the EULA or TOS: I won't read it and won't need to because I won't violate it either way.
    And if I should be banned for violating it, because I did not read it then I'll just quit. But I won't since I know how not to be an asshole online.
    This isn’t entirely true. The term “red-pilled” in this context was coined by the men’s rights movement. Specifically it refers to their assertion that the narrative suggesting women are inherently disadvantaged and men are privileged in modern society is an illusion and not true.

    The Men’s rights movement is neither right wing or conservative. Rather, they are also largely leftists who simply disagree with the prevailing narrative. Their proposed solutions, however, are almost always leftist in nature. They advocate for government intervention, social programs, resource distribution, etc just like feminists.

    I’d say the right wing version of “woke” are bible thumpers who’s conservative ideology has nothing to do with understanding and advocating for right wing principles but instead simply letting the veil of mythology drive their entire belief system. “We should do X because patriarchy” and “We should do X because bible” are basically the same fallacy.

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    You've gone off the deep end. Please do some research to get some context on all of these issues. The pay gap has been disproven for decades at this point. Using the very highest of intersectionality to compare apples to apples, and I quote, "The controlled gender pay gap is $0.99 for every $1 men make" We're talking less than a 1% difference in income, or a $500 difference when making $50k/year, but these people are fighting for equality of outcome, so 1% or less is enough to scream and cry forever.

    Widespread police racism is incredibly iffy. We're honestly getting into grounds of "maybe they have unconscious racism" to have any hope of saying it's real. Most of it is directly attributable to crime rates and police procedure, and not cops wearing Klan robes. Many of the studies I've seen still trying to prove it, including from the fallen ACLU are looking at data from the past century. We spent millions of tax dollars to investigate Russia collusion and found literally nothing. The Biden laptop was suppressed by left wing media and called a Russian hoax. Seeing a pattern here?

    As far as the other side, the number of calls for poisonings from Ivermectin was around 450 people up from like 200, the number of deaths from it was 2. and the so called insurrection was the act of maybe a few hundred bad actors, most of the people arrested and detained unlawfully for over a year now are being released on no charges.

    You're trying to pretend I'm some right wing nutjob, but I'm honestly somebody who is trying to look at things in context. It feels like nearly every major news story in the past 5 years coming out of left wing sources has turned out to be fabricated, exaggerated, or just plain wrong. Many of which have directly led to riots and death due to playing with these truths to promote so called "social justice". Cry wolf enough and it becomes real hard to trust anything you say without really looking into it, and when the lies directly lead to riots and huge amounts of property damage, they become a lot harder to forgive.

    People have such a false perception of America that it's no wonder so many people are coming to hate it. I mean just look at the polling on many issues here. People don't even know what they are fighting for or what statistics actually matter and why.

    - - - Updated - - -



    My studies disagree with yours when controlling for variables.
    So they linked to a research org and you came back with a website that says there's no pay gap and then follows with a shitton of charts pointing out the pay gap in multiple jobs and in options for promotion/position/responsibilities. I dont know who makes that website but it's telling they didnt put their names front and center to back up their conclusions cuz it doesnt match their data.

    In the meantime a right wing nutjob just committed another racist mass murder and the supreme court is getting ready to kill a ton of women with anti-science medical policy that among other things supposes you can reimplant ectopic pregnancies(you cant) and that women with dead babies in them have to die of sepsis(because the procedure for removing your dead or dying fetus is abortion)

    But sure jack, the left and right are "just as bad" and you're definitely not either hilariously amoral or horrifyingly uninformed.

    Congrats I guess?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •