570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's literally just a slightly reworded extract of the ToS.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    i press accept and do what i used to do cause i aint an arse and behave like a nice person who respects others

cant wait when it gets on live servers and shortly after that we will get forum posts about how people got banned despite doing nothing* wrong...

(* = just being toxic and insulting people left and right)

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Widespread police racism is incredibly iffy. We're honestly getting into grounds of "maybe they have unconscious racism" to have any hope of saying it's real.
    The data is there, weather you believe it or not. Black people are significantly more likely to handled violently by police. Despite making up a significantly smaller percentage of the overall population, they are multiple times more likely to have a negative encounter, especially if they live in redneck 'murica. They are significantly more likely to face more severe punishment than a white person for a similar crime. And no, it's not because gang violence or ghetto neighbourhoods are skewing the numbers either. There are loads of documented instances of black people of all demographics being stopped and harassed for shit that no white person would even get a second glance for.

I mean, christ, Neil Degrasse Tyson posted a discussion piece a few years back about his personal life experience as a Black man, and that shit was horrifying. Despite being one of the most respected scientists in the USA, the guy still had a laundry list of police encounters from just every day shit that none of his white colleagues had ever had to deal with. He noted that if he got 10 white and 10 black colleagues together in a room, and asked them to list off their questionable run-in's with the cops, the black ones would all have a dozen or more stories about just the last couple of years, where as the white guys would struggle to think of more than two or three, period. Again, these are respected, high level black scientists, and they still give their kids "the talk" about how to avoid drawing attention to yourself as black person so as not to make the cops jumpy.

We spent millions of tax dollars to investigate Russia collusion and found literally nothing. The Biden laptop was suppressed by left wing media and called a Russian hoax. Seeing a pattern here?
    Umm, you do realize that the Mueller report almost literally stated that there was enough evidence in support of collusion that Trump should have been immediately arrested and charged, right? But because Mueller's investigative group was literally only charged with providing the evidence and had no authority to make a judgement based on it, it was left up to the government, which of course there was no way in hell the current Republicans would actually have the balls to do what was right and impeach one of their own for gross (and potentially treasonous) misconduct.

Besides, don't give me that "we spend million of dollars" bullshit. The Republicans were MORE than happy to spend millions upon millions of dollars trying to nail Hillary to the wall over her emails, and every time they found jack shit they just tried again. Compared to the multiple years of investigations they threw at her, the couple of months spent investigating Trump was a pittance. The difference being that there was more than enough evidence uncovered to bury Trump and the R's basically just walked away from it, while they got nothing on Hillary despite all their incoherent screaming.

As for the laptop, you are confusing "suppressing" something with "not covering it because it's a shit story". Left wing media refused to cover it because the entire thing is some of the craziest shit ever to come out of the right. A legally blind PC repair tech just randomly recieves a laptop from an unknown source who never returns to pick it up? And it just happens to contain thousands of emails from Hunter Biden? Which the guy discovers because he just coincidentally decides to totally violate the privacy of a supposed client by rooting around in their harddrive (cause logically that's the first thing every PC tech does)? Doesn't immediately contact the FBI when they become aware that they are in possession of property belonging to the son of a current Presidential candidate, but instead immediately contacts Rudy Giuliani of all people? Followed by a shitshow chain of events where the laptop and or copies of it's contents are apparently thrown around like hot potatoes? No self respecting news outlet would have touched that shit with a ten foot pole, because it straight reeks of some kind of setup or plant: Basically zero proof the laptop ever belonged to Hunter, a chain of handling custody that's an absolute shitshow, and only a handful of the actual emails were able to be authenticated (meaning that while they were from Hunter, there is no way to verify they were on the supposed laptop legitimately).

There is a vast difference between "suppressing it" and simply going "nope, not going to touch that shit", but I guess that when the typical state of the media is to give equal coverage to every batshit insane thing coming out of either side in the name of "both sides", simply finding something too stupid to run with seems a lot like "suppression" from a certain point of view.

You're trying to pretend I'm some right wing nutjob, but I'm honestly somebody who is trying to look at things in context. It feels like nearly every major news story in the past 5 years coming out of left wing sources has turned out to be fabricated, exaggerated, or just plain wrong. Many of which have directly led to riots and death due to playing with these truths to promote so called "social justice". Cry wolf enough and it becomes real hard to trust anything you say without really looking into it, and when the lies directly lead to riots and huge amounts of property damage, they become a lot harder to forgive.
    Lol wut? Going to need some sources on that assertion. Cause all I see is a mountain of bullshit in the claim that "nearly every story from left wing media was fabricated, exaggerated or wrong and lead to riots and death".
    Last edited by Surfd; 2022-05-16 at 09:22 AM.

blizz can already ban you for anything or nothing so its meaningless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deleted post for misquote.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    seems to me like people not accepting have the stance "well whats the point of playing if i cant be a dick and insult people?!"
    bcs thats literaly what this social contract is, dont insult people and you are fine, yet some people are getting mad as if thats issue for them...
    not to mention its pretty much (just a bit less specific i think) already in TOS for years...

why do i feel its the same group of people who KNOWINGLY break rules (like the exp potion stacking) and then get mad or even "surprised" when they got punished for it
    Basically the gist of it. This generation is full of those who don’t like accountability. Automation is a scapegoat, the next excuse is “free speech” and vague speech despite it being a private business following international laws.

As if harassing a player and abusing the game tools to grief were hard to disprove. Nevermind the many false positives before automation, when GMs would abuse their power. It’s a lot harder to get away with that today.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-05-16 at 09:38 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll accept it, I just genuinely don't understand why we need to. It's been almost 20 years since I setup my account, but I'm fairly sure we all accepted the EULA and have had to accept it again when revisions are published. Why ask us to accept something we've already accepted? All this seems to do is annoy a very specific subset of the population, most of whom will just click accept anyways and continue to act as normal.

What's more is that even with this in place, what does it change? Is Blizzard going to start taking action against people who serially harass other players? Are they going to take issue with the Classic guilds which are openly and flagrantly racist, such as the recent example on the WoW Classic reddit where someone was kicked from their guild for being black and then re-invited some time later and berated again? What about boosting guilds that exploit report functions to sabotage smaller boosting groups, or groups that abuse the feature to harass individual players? Why are we accepting this when the problem is enforcement? Everyone knows what is or isn't acceptable behavior, but nothing happens when you report it.

Frankly, what I think makes this all the worse, is that we're being asked to do this by the World of Warcraft team. How much churn did this team have after the allegations of sexual abuse? If I remember correctly, it was less than 40 people across the entirety of Blizzard who lost their jobs. Almost all of their senior staff is still in place, the same senior staff that turned a blind eye to harassment for years and refused to be the whistleblower. The World of Warcraft team can kindly fuck off with their attempts to seem in any way like they care about fostering an inclusive community when they can't even foster an inclusive internal culture.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Accept then proceed to shit on low dps lards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Accept then proceed to shit on low dps lards.
    That'll probably lead to you getting banned, I think they are doing this contract is to say look it's not ok to be a dick to other players resulting in being a dick to other players will get your account suspended.

Which honestly in my opinion is completely fair, there's far too many assholes in WoW that get away with it and deserve to be punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing because I don't play... whahaha :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I think people are reacting more to the name of it rather than the actual content. If this was just an adjustment to the ToS that Wowhead dug up there'd be a few grumbles but that's it. People don't really care about ToS, they just click accept and move on. Making it into a 'social contract' that you have to sign makes it seem like a bigger deal than it really is and makes some feel like Blizzard is being overbearing.

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    84ish% of players here voted accept.

I guess MMOC isn't a cesspool of terrible players it's reputation suggests afterall.

That said, 15% who voted quit is also 15% too many.
    You could also present a "No bullying contract" to each student on every school and then claim that you solved bullying issue on schools.
    That's the pointlessness of this contract, first it's already in the ToS and second it's utterly meaningless unless Blizzard enforces it.

I've already accepted the ToS, why do i have to confirm this again?
    It's not going to stop anyone from doing these things, that's for sure.

Imagine somebody throws any slurs at you and you answer "but you're breaking the social contract that you've accepted when starting the game!".
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-05-16 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    It has nothing to do with "legal" or not. You agree to the ToS when you play the game, and this is just what's in the ToS, in an easier to digest form. Blizz can ban you for any reason they feel like.
    If as you said it is part of the TOS then there is no need for them to force you to hit either accept or exit the game as per these images at least in the EU.
    A social contract is not enforcable a TOS on the other hand is.
    Just add the exact text to the legal TOS and your good, having this as sepperate addition just won't work and if they ban you over it then they can be forced by a court to reinstate you.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

I've been on FFXIV for the last year and I've got to say the difference between the two communities is night and day.

You only create the community you can be bothered to enforce, and Blizzard just doesn't bother. They got rid of their support team, and now it's all automated rubbish. WoW just has this awful subset of people who think that "kill yourself" is an acceptable thing to say to others. And the game design really helps in FFXIV. In WoW, new players only slow you down. In FF, a new player in your dungeon group increases the rewards for everyone else. That sprout is no longer slowing you down, it's making your dungeon farming more efficient.

Honestly think the very design of M+ encourages the rampant toxicity as well. Needs to be some serious changes to the way that works. Chasing timers should be for high level "group of friends" players only. You might as well just be able to queue for the lower end stuff with no pressure from the timer, as some +4 hero pulls half the dungeon, dies horribly and then yells at everyone for not interrupting. You may be making the groups yourself, but it's no more effective than a random pug.

Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    having this as sepperate addition just won't work and if they ban you over it then they can be forced by a court to reinstate you.
    no they cant, bcs by TOS they can suspend your acc if they want to, as they OWN the account, you dont
    not to mention this social contract is just a bit more specific but it doesnt really add anything new to TOS, so by breaking this social contract you already break TOS, and since you agreed to those there is no court on earth that would even consider this a case

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Honestly think the very design of M+ encourages the rampant toxicity as well.
    honestly, i have no idea where people meet all those toxic people in M+, since the begining of M+ in legion i have met like 4...
    actualy in wow in general i barely see any toxicity, honestly if i run through any random thread on this site i see more toxic people than i meet in wow in year, somehow it always makes me feel like if someone meet toxic people often, he might be the very reason...

Some of these are actually rules in my guild so..
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i'd accept the contract because it wouldn't change anything in my behaviour. Never flamed anyone ingame, i'm just screming irl instead.

I won't help every random player though - that part is just stupid. I value my time and i won't answer random whispers for help when i want my dailys done before i go to work or when i'm finally home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    no they cant, bcs by TOS they can suspend your acc if they want to, as they OWN the account, you dont
    not to mention this social contract is just a bit more specific but it doesnt really add anything new to TOS, so by breaking this social contract you already break TOS, and since you agreed to those there is no court on earth that would even consider this a case

- - - Updated - - -

honestly, i have no idea where people meet all those toxic people in M+, since the begining of M+ in legion i have met like 4...
    actualy in wow in general i barely see any toxicity, honestly if i run through any random thread on this site i see more toxic people than i meet in wow in year, somehow it always makes me feel like if someone meet toxic people often, he might be the very reason...
    Agreed. Do i meet some idiots here and there? Sure, like once every 3-4 months... but... if someone actually insult me ingame... i don't really care. If he is overdoing it i put him on igno.
    But i don't need Blizz to come in and ban him because i feel threatend by someone i will never meet and a word that has no influence on me.

This only leads to people being fake-friendly and talking shit behind your back and on discord (looking at FF14)
    You won't know it but it has the same influence on you as being insulted by a pixel in a game. None. If an "asshole" affects you so much, maybe you should work on yourself a bit.

If someone complains about toxicity ingame i always have to think about the good old: If everyone you meet is an asshole....

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously accept it and keep being polite an respectful just as always.

Unfortunately there will be a lot of "accepters" that will keep behaving like idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    I'm just curious.
    I mean if you've been playing you've already accepted one. However, I'll read it first so I understand what I'm agreeing to, so I won't be one of the many who post here complaining about getting banned for breaking rules they agreed to follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    84ish% of players here voted accept.

I guess MMOC isn't a cesspool of terrible players it's reputation suggests afterall.

That said, 15% who voted quit is also 15% too many.
    No they are, you just cannot play without accepting.