570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    That contract just says you should be a nice to other players. Why wouldn't I accept that when I always was nice and helpful to other players.
    Becouse according to the cool kids you are playing the game wrong.

Nobody who answered exit is being truthful.

Personally I'm just gonna click accept, because I already act this way in-game anyway. It changes literally nothing from me, and is just me acknowledging the sort of atmosphere Blizzard wants in their game.

Anyone who argues otherwise, is just trying to make things toxic instead of fun.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems sort of pointless and dumb to sign up for a subscription to WoW, pay for whatever plan you're on, and then refuse to sign something that is even less specific than the TOS, especially when you clearly have a heads up about it. I don't even know what the 15% who are saying no as I type this out are thinking. If they are already unsubscribed then they won't need to accept anything. Otherwise it seems likely that they are gaslighting everyone in the thread.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

*half of this forum yelling at the Amazon guy as they bring them their Dragonflight Collectors Edition"

AND WOULD YOU FUCKING BELIEVE THEY MADE ME ACCEPT A SOCIAL CONTRACT TO PLAY NICE IN THIS GOD DAMNED GAME IM NOT GONNA LISTEN TO IT BUT SHIT BLIZZARD KS SUCH A DAMNED CRAPPY COMPANY MAKING THIS GARBAGE GAME WHO EVEN PLAYS IT AM I RIGHT

Amazon Guy: just sign the damned paper....

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Seems sort of pointless and dumb to sign up for a subscription to WoW, pay for whatever plan you're on, and then refuse to sign something that is even less specific than the TOS, especially when you clearly have a heads up about it. I don't even know what the 15% who are saying no as I type this out are thinking. If they are already unsubscribed then they won't need to accept anything. Otherwise it seems likely that they are gaslighting everyone in the thread.
    I am fairly certain that most of the 15% who answered that way hit the exit game button a long time ago

these posts are made for educational reasons and to point out reality this is not my opinion this is just education

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I will Accept because I tend not to treat others like shit in a game as I understand people have issues of their own, I'm also not a complete asshole.

using language like "asshole" and "shit" is a violation of the social contract and would be a reason for your account to be banned in game

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Simple...don't want to get banned? Don't be a shit human being...you're just crying because you want to be a shit human being.
    telling people they are "shit human beings" is a violation of the social contract and using words like "crying" to insult somebody is also a violation of the social contract and will get your account banned in game

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I'll just keep t bagging my victims in pvp.

What are they gonna do report me for emoting the sit emote?
    that is now a bannable offense in FFXIV if the way WoW is run keeps moving in this social contract direction you will soon be banned for it
    using "good game" emotes in a sarcastic way is also a bannable offesne in FFXIV

this is a window into the future so yeah... stuff like that will get you banned if things keep going this way

read this
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...4efa39f992435a

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I am fairly certain that most of the 15% who answered that way hit the exit game button a long time ago
    true but it was for the same reasons that this social contract exists because of
    Last edited by Daish; 2022-05-16 at 05:17 AM.
    10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed
    https://youtu.be/OcSiCgFDYhY

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    The social contract is about as useful as religion. You don't need a scripture to tell you what's good and what's bad. This stuff is more intended for the woke left to be able to get anyone banned who thinks differently from them. Pretty much also like a religion.

I wonder if the Blizzard employees will sign the same document... then again they don't play their own game
    You should get checked for schizophrenia

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Dude.

Jewish space lasers.

The gazpacho police.

Hurricane guns.

Injecting and/or drinking bleach.

Swallowing horse deworming pills.

These are actual things conservatives have been screeching about. Show me anything by the left - anything - that's anywhere near as far out there as this stuff.
    this is what disinformation does to the masses. the amount of uninformed ignorance in this post is saddening and embarrassing as a human being.

The 15% are like the people who hate watch a TV show they should have just given up on but apparently they have nothing better to do

It's not possible to stop game being toxic, if everybody beyond your faction or 5ppl group - is your enemy by default. And that's by design.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    This game is becoming more trouble than it's worth.
    May as well get into fitness or take up painting.
    You could get into fitness regardless of Blizzard's decisions, you know. It would do you a world of good.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    That contract just says you should be a nice to other players. Why wouldn't I accept that when I always was nice and helpful to other players.
    In a way, it's Blizzard taking credit for your patience, respect and courtesy towards the other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Normal woke is someone who lives mostly on Twitter and projects their own judgmental intolerance on everyone who doesn't think exactly like them. The social justice is only a small part of it. They mostly just want to be right at everything they say.

Leftwing woke goes a step beyond normal by actively harassing and insulting those people they disagree with. There is only their side... or the enemy

This person, for example, is a leftwing woke extremist. One word of disagreement with whatever he thinks and I'm now the enemy of mankind according to his own small fantasy bubble.

This clarifies it better than a bland dictionary listing
    Can't see how this is any different for someone not on the Left behaving the same. I mean, kicking and throwing a barrage at someone new to game mechanics, really?

We get the world we deserve.

Initially I wasn't toxic and didn't want to become toxic. But unfortunately this game is designed according to "If you don't overtake traffic jam via ongoing lane, as others do - you're stuck there forever". I.e. game forced me to become toxic. And don't tell me, that I had some choice. Because if game is designed according to "If you aren't toxic - then you're loser", then there is no choice. I resisted things like ninja-looting in dungeons for as long, as it was possible. But when everybody around you already do it and even devs say, that it's intended design, then why wouldn't you do it too? But at the same time I hate myself for doing it. It's conflict, that leads to "Being toxic or quit?" question. And answer gravitates more towards quitting now.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-05-16 at 06:21 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    So they linked to a research org and you came back with a website that says there's no pay gap and then follows with a shitton of charts pointing out the pay gap in multiple jobs and in options for promotion/position/responsibilities. I dont know who makes that website but it's telling they didnt put their names front and center to back up their conclusions cuz it doesnt match their data.
    You mean the super woke website dead set on proving that their was a gender pay gap and has delved deep into all the data around it in the most honest manner they could and found the same thing economist Thomas Sowell talks about. The place that frames this as, and I quote again:
    The controlled gender pay gap is $0.99 for every $1 men make, which is one cent closer to equal but still not equal. The controlled gender pay gap tells us what women earn compared to men when all compensable factors are accounted for — such as job title, education, experience, industry, job level, and hours worked. This is equal pay for equal work. The gap should be zero. It’s not zero. In other words, women who are doing the same job as a man, with the exact same qualifications as a man, are still paid one percent less than men at the median for no attributable reason.
    Yea, I'm sure they were really set out to make the gender pay gap look insignificant. /s

Of course they post it next to the data that is comparing whole populations and mixing all age groups that skews the whole topic to make it seem like women are oppressed. But even they aren't stupid enough to falsify data when they know other people have been backing it up for decades.

In the meantime a right wing nutjob just committed another racist mass murder and the supreme court is getting ready to kill a ton of women with anti-science medical policy that among other things supposes you can reimplant ectopic pregnancies(you cant) and that women with dead babies in them have to die of sepsis(because the procedure for removing your dead or dying fetus is abortion)
    This... I don't even. For the first, shit happens in the world. It's not like this is some common occurrence, this is one guy who probably had some serious mental issues. For the second, I don't think this is the right place to get into this and it has nothing to do with the social contract. I'm getting kind of tired of uneducated super wokes swarming in from the politics boards to sling their insane delusions around, especially when they know it's a banned forum topic outside of a special exemption thread.

Anyone seeing this reaction, this is what merely bringing up what the terms "woke" and "red-pilled" means eventually leads to. One person giving their definition, the woke side making it political and saying their side is always right and it's the other side that is always conspiracy nuts, the apolitical person clarifying that some of the things listed as conspiracies are completely fake or misrepresented, and then the rebuttal is accusations of mass murdering women by proxy.

That social contract means literally nothing if you can restrain from being an asshole. Even if you can't, let's be real, you will still press accept. People who cry about it have some kind of beef against WoW/Blizzard and would mald out even if it said press this button and we will donate $10 to orphans.

Very strange question. Even if I was vehemently against it, I would still accept it because I want to play.

If I decline there is the direct consequence I can no longer play, and if I accept and even would behave against what I accepted there is still only the chance that I can no longer play.

The value of your average ToS is already less than used toilet paper. This cringy social contract will be worth even less. I just hit okay and move on with my life, knowing that it means jack shit.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

whatever is written there has no value to me and to everybody i asked

with everything blizzard has done in the last years a lot of people wont take it seriously

this is just something to make the blizzard fanboi andies clap and say really dumb and cringe things in twitter to feel validated in their own echo chamber

who cares

seems to me like people not accepting have the stance "well whats the point of playing if i cant be a dick and insult people?!"
    bcs thats literaly what this social contract is, dont insult people and you are fine, yet some people are getting mad as if thats issue for them...
    not to mention its pretty much (just a bit less specific i think) already in TOS for years...

why do i feel its the same group of people who KNOWINGLY break rules (like the exp potion stacking) and then get mad or even "surprised" when they got punished for it
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-05-16 at 08:37 AM.