570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    But it's true. In real life you're punished for shooting others. But what if game doesn't punish you for doing it? Don't you think, that if shooting others is the best gaming strategy, then at the end all players would have to use it due to chain reaction? Same here. If other player uses the most effective gaming strategy and he isn't punished for doing it by game developers, why wouldn't you use the same strategy? To stay polite? What if staying polite means losing? Would you play game, where you're doomed to lose?
    This is fast approaching Godwin's Law kinda territory over the idea that someone clicked a bird for their world quest before you could click it.

Such contracts have poor legal strength here anyhow.
    You want a genuine contract? You need to do your due diligence, effectively impossible in digital format.

Practically the only workaround is setting up a standardised implicit contract, like effectively exists with most purchases (offline & online).
    But that would require extensive engagement with local judicial systems, they simply lack sufficient funds and in-house know how to do that.

So they can posture all they like, these fragile things only persist by the grace of no one testing them. And that ultimately means abiding by the rules already in place; we tolerate their bullshit and they ours so long as both keep it within acceptable ranges (effectively what most laws do anyway, heh).

All that could really happen is that some emboldened morons at Blizzard start testing legal systems the world over and ending up with a metaphorical mouthful of broken teeth.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Yeah, that's why it's silly to even write it.
    its not,its just like the loading tip that said ''take all things in moderation,even wow'',its just a friendly suggestion,its not like they need a tos to remove your ass anyways,its their game,you just pay for the privilege to play it

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    What does "woke" mean? I had to google it.

"aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke

Is there a "woke" right? How are they different than "woke" left?

People use the term "woke" like it's an insult -- an adjective to describe something or someone. How is woke bad? To me it seems like a compliment. A person who isn't actively aware of important facts and issues primarily affecting racial and social justice, sounds like a dipshit to me -- or at least living in a bubble, which isn't a place I'd want to be.
    About every 6 months there's a new insult, I don't even try to keep up anymore.

I'm not subbed, but I don't even understand this social contract thing. I glanced at the news article when it popped up on mmo champion, but I didn't realize it was going to be some kind of agreement I had to click on.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    You want a genuine contract? You need to do your due diligence, effectively impossible in digital format.

Practically the only workaround is setting up a standardised implicit contract, like effectively exists with most purchases (offline & online).
    But that would require extensive engagement with local judicial systems, they simply lack sufficient funds and in-house know how to do that.

So they can posture all they like, these fragile things only persist by the grace of no one testing them. And that ultimately means abiding by the rules already in place; we tolerate their bullshit and they ours so long as both keep it within acceptable ranges (effectively what most laws do anyway, heh).

All that could really happen is that some emboldened morons at Blizzard start testing legal systems the world over and ending up with a metaphorical mouthful of broken teeth.
    You realize the EULA already says they can ban you for whatever reason, right? Your idea that it has "poor legal strength" is irrelevant, you already accept the EULA when you make an account, this is just an extra warning before you start the game.

I mean, if it helps you sleep at night to think "Man, if Blizzard went to court over this they'd lose!". But...it wouldn't go to court because their EULA covers this.

https://www.blizzard.com/en-us/legal...ense-agreement

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Blizzard reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with or without notice to you. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most Account suspensions and terminations are the result of violations of this Agreement. In case of minor violations of these rules, Blizzard may provide you with a prior warning and/or suspend your use of the Account due to your non-compliance prior to terminating the Agreement or modifying or deleting an Account.
    Emphasis on "any reason, or for no reason"

Going to do like I always do. Press accept and not to read a damn thing and play as normal.

Ive never read a single ToS.

I also dont bother reading the tag on my shirt, im sure ive been washing it wrong the whole time. And it has never effected me.

This is just a means to appease the soft. If words ina digital world hurt your feelings, you have worse things going on in your life than a video game.

I suggest you sort that out.

Im a heavy set, hispanic, bald, bisexual.

Never once has being called gay, fat, bald, or a spic ever offended me.

Its like if someone were to say something nasty to you in a language you dont understand. It doesnt hurt and you dont care.... because words only have the power you give them.

Id be more agreeable if the social contract stated that one acknowledged they are in a online space, with people of all wlaks of lofe, and may not bend to your delicate disposition in this world of WARcraft. If you are easily offended you should exit the game.

This is business as usual with with a little glitter on top, just to make the sensative feel safe. By my heel, I care not.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    -snip-
    You literally just posted this exact post 3 hours ago

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited about the poll results. If we were to extrapolate this to general WoW population, then WoW's toxicity will go down by at least 15%.
    As Professor Putricide would say "Good news everyone!"

This, except that they DO have the funds, just don’t want to spend them.

For example, my local legislation is very protective in terms of customer rights. The law explicitly states that any obligation or agreement that might have been imposed by a direct or indirect contract is immediately null and void if it diminishes your customer rights guaranteed by the law - without invalidating entire contract, or with invalidating it entirely, at customer’s discretion. It also treats any subscription-type agreement as a single contract, regardless of how many billing periods there are and regardless of there were or there there not breaks in service provision. The customer is also entitled for 100% refund, at customer’s discretion, for any fees paid in case of supplier violating the contract or not fulfilling it entirely. The only limit is 3 years limit for a civil claim. Therefore if blizzard or any other company does something wrong and violates the contract - from the local legislation point of view, not their point of you - you are essentially entitled for a refund over the past 3 years, plus interest.

Blizzard won’t process such refund, but banks that issue cards will, so again, it does not matter what blizzard thinks.

Bottom line? I will press any button to keep the game working because it cannot hinder me in any way.
    Last edited by Drudi; 2022-05-17 at 05:35 AM.

This "ToS" wouldn't hold up against EU rules so it doesn't matter anyway.

i love how some people discus legality or legal strenght of the social contract and claim it wouldnt work or whatever
    like sure, you, random nobody on forums know more about legal stuff than actual LAWYERS who made it... definitely...
    not to mention according to tos they can do pretty much whatever they want with the accounts as THEY own them, not us

What would be the point of paying for a sub, keeping the game installed, updating it to its newest version, to not play the game? It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about it, either you click accept or you don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    If someone is freeloading I will call them out
    and that have absolutely fucking nothing to do with the social contract...
    did you people even read it and tried to understand it before starting to whine about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I'm excited about the poll results. If we were to extrapolate this to general WoW population, then WoW's toxicity will go down by at least 15%.
    As Professor Putricide would say "Good news everyone!"
    Well, with the number of people who believe they get anywhere by booting up the game and then shutting it down as an answer to this contract, it is indeed "Good news".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    i love how some people discus legality or legal strenght of the social contract and claim it wouldnt work or whatever
    like sure, you, random nobody on forums know more about legal stuff than actual LAWYERS who made it... definitely...
    not to mention according to tos they can do pretty much whatever they want with the accounts as THEY own them, not us
    You seem to miss the whole point. The TOS might have been made by US lawyers with US customer laws in mind - but that’s it. It won’t stand a chance in most EU legislations, as mentioned above. It will be shredded into dust in Russian legislation with super protective customer laws.

I don’t know a bit about India, China, many other countries, granted. But the very concept that they can claim whatever they want in their makeshift tos and pretend it’s universally valid anywhere is faulty by design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and that have absolutely fucking nothing to do with the social contract...
    did you people even read it and tried to understand it before starting to whine about it?
    No point to. I play the game to enjoy, to please myself - not to be bound by some rules that somebody made. Especially when I pay for the service. I would behave normally as I would in the real life, and if the game doesn’t like it - they can go stfu

It's not a contract in a legal sense and Blizzard has full carte blanche to deny service to literally anyone they want. There is no legal aspect to this discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    This, except that they DO have the funds, just don’t want to spend them.

For example, my local legislation is very protective in terms of customer rights. The law explicitly states that any obligation or agreement that might have been imposed by a direct or indirect contract is immediately null and void if it diminishes your customer rights guaranteed by the law - without invalidating entire contract, or with invalidating it entirely, at customer’s discretion. It also treats any subscription-type agreement as a single contract, regardless of how many billing periods there are and regardless of there were or there there not breaks in service provision. The customer is also entitled for 100% refund, at customer’s discretion, for any fees paid in case of supplier violating the contract or not fulfilling it entirely. The only limit is 3 years limit for a civil claim. Therefore if blizzard or any other company does something wrong and violates the contract - from the local legislation point of view, not their point of you - you are essentially entitled for a refund over the past 3 years, plus interest.

Blizzard won’t process such refund, but banks that issue cards will, so again, it does not matter what blizzard thinks.

Bottom line? I will press any button to keep the game working because it cannot hinder me in any way.
    You're right, you can issue a charge back.. which you already could. Want to know how many people with banned accounts have done so? If you think this will stop them from banning you for being a cunt you have a nice surprise on store. People have been being banned for years. If Blizzard had any concerns whatsoever that they would suddenly get a backlash of Europeans performing chargebacks they wouldn't have done this, which means they don't have such concerns, which means that it isn't a problem now.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-05-17 at 06:31 AM.

Like every past TOS change, people will Accept it without reading a single phrase.

Btw nothing will change, everything this disclaimer shows will happen and nobody will be punished.

I'll press the left mouse button.

I hope that helps OP.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    I'm just curious.
    Why would anyone press Exit game?

The social contract doesn't change or add anything. It only highlights some stuff that is being said in the ToS already and all it says anyways is basically: don't be an asshole.

The TOS might have been made by US lawyers with US customer laws in mind
    TOS was made by lawyers who know they have customers all around the world, im pretty sure they didnt ignore other laws...

It won’t stand a chance in most EU legislations
    as someone working in business for US company but living in EU and im 100% sure it would hold without any issues for blizz...

I play the game to enjoy, to please myself - not to be bound by some rules that somebody made.
    well first of all, in every game you are bound by the rules, and if you break them then YOU can go stfu, but that was not my point...
    whining about rules based on something that have NOTHING to do with the rules just shows the person is moron...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-05-17 at 07:08 AM.