Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ...
25
33
34
35
36
37
... LastLast
  1. #681
    Quote Originally Posted by EverDash View Post
    Touche. They also almost OWN everything, as well.

    I hate them, too. lol
    Ninespine's original comment and yours is incredibly ignorant, childish and lacks critical thought.

    Typically the generation before yours are the ones doing what the societal norms is doing and as time moves on the generation dynamic swaps again and you become the "societal norm" etc. etc. etc.

    I'm from Gen-X and Baby Boomers were the ones above me who had all of that stuff... and now younger people are blaming me for what the Baby Boomers of my youth were.

    It's cyclical thinking.

  2. #682
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    Ninespine's original comment and yours is incredibly ignorant, childish and lacks critical thought.

    Typically the generation before yours are the ones doing what the societal norms is doing and as time moves on the generation dynamic swaps again and you become the "societal norm" etc. etc. etc.

    I'm from Gen-X and Baby Boomers were the ones above me who had all of that stuff... and now younger people are blaming me for what the Baby Boomers of my youth were.

    It's cyclical thinking.
    If it's cyclical thinking then of course it lacks critical thought. No one was making concrete commentary of society, culture, and economy. You were the only one who took it seriously and got bizarrely offended.

    Both comments were intentionally vague and smothered heavily in sweeping generalizations without nuance.

    So not only did you miss the entire humor aspect, but you also managed say absolutely nothing new. Way to go.

  3. #683
    Quote Originally Posted by EverDash View Post
    If it's cyclical thinking then of course it lacks critical thought. No one was making concrete commentary of society, culture, and economy. You were the only one who took it seriously and got bizarrely offended.

    Both comments were intentionally vague and smothered heavily in sweeping generalizations without nuance.

    So not only did you miss the entire humor aspect, but you also managed say absolutely nothing new. Way to go.
    Isn't there a meme to humor over the internet or something?!?! :P

  4. #684
    Stood in the Fire Chilela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Funposter Retirement Home
    Posts
    360
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    What's the difference in "Gender Identity" and "Sexual Preference"? Isn't a male attracted to a female just "Heterosexual" in both? Or a female attracted to other females a "homosexual/lesbian" in both? Even if someone is attracted to people older/younger (keeping it legal ofcourse) than them or of a different skin color, wouldn't it still be pretty much the same categories?
    I mean "I identify as a straight man" but being sexually attracted to men would sound quite contradictory
    Safe to presume that gender identity refers to how one views their own gender (e.g. Cis, trans, nonbinary, etc.). In this case, they're going with the "sex = biological, gender = social" definition. Though now that you say that, it does make me wonder how being more attracted to things outside of gender identity (e.g. age, race, body types) would affect a Sexual Preference score. Like, would a straight character who's explicitly a chubby chaser be considered more "Diverse" than a straight character who isn't? Who the hell even knows.

  5. #685
    sometimes I wonder if the world is ruled by fundie religious ppl make people hate minorities, from biomales in women's sports to this stuff, the world has gone crayz

    Criticize the racist, do not use their system (or hide it behind "diversity")
    Last edited by Voidism; 2022-05-20 at 02:31 AM.

  6. #686
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Go do the opposite of what doctors and scientist say to do and see how that works out. And then tell Steve Jobs I said hi.
    Are they right most of the time; yes, can they be seduced into over prescribing of drugs for profit or just to feel like they have done something for somebody in pain even though it is not the best for them?, yes. If you deny that doctors are fallible then you are just as stupid as the people that believe that doctors should never be listened too.

  7. #687
    It has king in the name so I'm sure someone's triggered at the patriarchy
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

  8. #688


    They used the tool on Mario and Zelda too. Also shows how they came to the scores.

  9. #689
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    Safe to presume that gender identity refers to how one views their own gender (e.g. Cis, trans, nonbinary, etc.). In this case, they're going with the "sex = biological, gender = social" definition. Though now that you say that, it does make me wonder how being more attracted to things outside of gender identity (e.g. age, race, body types) would affect a Sexual Preference score. Like, would a straight character who's explicitly a chubby chaser be considered more "Diverse" than a straight character who isn't? Who the hell even knows.
    I think it depends on the type of chubby chaser. Thick in the thighs, big in the chest, and a moderate stomach would be rather vanilla and score low
    Someone chasing a person were it is extremely difficult to determine sexual characteristics or even the placement of their organs would score much higher naturally.

  10. #690
    Scarab Lord Azgraal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The Unvanquished City of Porto, Portugal
    Posts
    4,137
    What kind of fresh trash ideology is this garbage? Aren't straight men and women the vast majority of the human race? Why the sudden need to make sure every sexual orientation or intangible things like mental illnesses have equal representation as the dominant segment of the population?

  11. #691
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    What kind of fresh trash ideology is this garbage? Aren't straight men and women the vast majority of the human race? Why the sudden need to make sure every sexual orientation or intangible things like mental illnesses have equal representation as the dominant segment of the population?
    What a stupid question, unless of course you've been living under a rock and are unaware that many minority groups, especially the ones you referenced, have been ignored and marginalized (and much worse) for generations. And what's with the ridiculous notion that relatively small casts of fictional characters (whether in games, movies, or other media) must adhere to the demographic breakdown of the entire world's population?

    Straight people (and other majority demographics) are NEVER going to be underrepresented across any form of media. If I wanted to only consume media that revolved around characters that match my demographic (straight male), I have a vast and ever increasing library to choose from. Frankly, the only people decrying increased representation for other groups are just reactionary bigots who can't stand the idea of losing even one inch of ground in a fight that they can't even lose. Talk about a trash ideology...
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2022-05-21 at 07:52 AM.

  12. #692
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    What a stupid question, unless of course you've been living under a rock and are unaware that many minority groups, especially the ones you referenced, have been ignored and marginalized (and much worse) for generations. And what's with the ridiculous notion that relatively small casts of fictional characters (whether in games, movies, or other media) must adhere to the demographic breakdown of the entire world's population?

    Straight people (and other majority demographics) are NEVER going to be underrepresented across any form of media. If I wanted to only consume media that revolved around characters that match my demographic (straight male), I have a vast and ever increasing library to choose from. Frankly, the only people decrying increased representation for other groups are just reactionary bigots who can't stand the idea of losing even one inch of ground in a fight that they can't even lose. Talk about a trash ideology...
    Buhuuu. /10char

  13. #693
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    What kind of fresh trash ideology is this garbage? Aren't straight men and women the vast majority of the human race? Why the sudden need to make sure every sexual orientation or intangible things like mental illnesses have equal representation as the dominant segment of the population?
    Problem is, they have been aggressively pushing this shit into every area of our life.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    What a stupid question, unless of course you've been living under a rock and are unaware that many minority groups, especially the ones you referenced, have been ignored and marginalized (and much worse) for generations. And what's with the ridiculous notion that relatively small casts of fictional characters (whether in games, movies, or other media) must adhere to the demographic breakdown of the entire world's population?

    Straight people (and other majority demographics) are NEVER going to be underrepresented across any form of media. If I wanted to only consume media that revolved around characters that match my demographic (straight male), I have a vast and ever increasing library to choose from. Frankly, the only people decrying increased representation for other groups are just reactionary bigots who can't stand the idea of losing even one inch of ground in a fight that they can't even lose. Talk about a trash ideology...

    Ignored, what exactly do you mean by “ignored”, could you please explain? What kind of special attention they deserve in your opinion to not be “ignored” and why?

  14. #694
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Buhuuu. /10char
    Yeah, pretty much. About 95% of this thread is filled with idiots that don’t understand what the tool actually does and/or just see the dreaded “diversity” word and flip a shit. Pretty sure there’s at least one post per page of someone lamenting that the low number they’d get by using a tool with limited applications for determining the prevalence of certain traits within fictional video game characters to “grade” themselves. Buhuu indeed.

  15. #695
    Quote Originally Posted by kaldonis View Post
    God... how long before you're banned if all of your alts combined don't score your account a correct diversity score???
    Depends on how long it takes for some religious nut to buy the company.

  16. #696
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    Ignored, what exactly do you mean by “ignored”, could you please explain? What kind of special attention they deserve in your opinion to not be “ignored” and why?
    Do you not know what the word means or are you simply not aware of how LGBT people have been treated over the years? If you’re older than 6 then you lived in a time when it was illegal for gay people to marry in many states. If you’re older than 12 then you were alive when DADT was still official policy.

    We’ve had decades upon decades of media showcasing heterosexuality, and in contrast have only just barely passed the point where official legal policy was essentially “keep that gay shit to yourselves”. You ask what “special attention” they deserve? How about a good variety of representation instead of an arbitrary “you only deserve to be represented by X% of characters”.

  17. #697
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. About 95% of this thread is filled with idiots that don’t understand what the tool actually does and/or just see the dreaded “diversity” word and flip a shit. Pretty sure there’s at least one post per page of someone lamenting that the low number they’d get by using a tool with limited applications for determining the prevalence of certain traits within fictional video game characters to “grade” themselves. Buhuu indeed.
    This tool is as absurd at it is pointless. No wonder we have wars and different cultures wanting to distance themselves. Absolute insanity what happens in the west

  18. #698
    Immortal Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    7,320
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The content of discussion for a lot of the thread goes against the forum's own rules. I'm just asking if a news post is treated differently to a normal thread, really.
    Maybe ActivisionBlizzard+King should have thought of that when they decided to do go down this route in the first place. You can't dance around the issue when this is the stance the company has decided to take with racial and diversity politics. No rule on MMO-Champion is going to stop the flood gates of comments with such an openly political and ideological stance without muting all discussion altogether.

    Besides, the site decided to post the article knowing full well that the topic breaks their own rules. Hypocrisy at its finest. They reap what they sow.

    - Religious opinions/debates
    - Hateful language about race, religion, country (Example: US vs. EU threads), political beliefs, etc.
    - Race or Ethnicity that is not fantasy in nature
    - Gender identity
    - Nudity/Sexually explicit content

  19. #699
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Maybe ActivisionBlizzard+King should have thought of that when they decided to do go down this route in the first place. You can't dance around the issue when this is the stance the company has decided to take with racial and diversity politics. No rule on MMO-Champion is going to stop the flood gates of comments with such an openly political and ideological stance without muting all discussion altogether.

    Besides, the site decided to post the article knowing full well that the topic breaks their own rules. Hypocrisy at its finest. They reap what they sow.
    There are no radical and diverse politics at play, it's a tool that measures fake characters. The tool at it's worst is still nowhere as sinister as the actions of radical politicians and religious figures. If your taking the tool seriously then you need to turn that obsession towards your area's politics instead.

  20. #700
    Immortal Frozen Death Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Forsaken Lands of Sweden
    Posts
    7,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    There are no radical and diverse politics at play, it's a tool that measures fake characters. The tool at it's worst is still nowhere as sinister as the actions of radical politicians and religious figures. If your taking the tool seriously then you need to turn that obsession towards your area's politics instead.
    An absolutely laughable statement. The topic has been highly politicized for the last decade and is actively being talked about within the political sphere, with many companies deciding to take direct political stances on various issues, one of such being this one. Besides, a lot of people are nowadays subscribing to the idea that "the personal is political", so to say that none of the people that worked on this tool do not follow this idea that everything has to be a political statement is absolutely ludicrous.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •