Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Who is this token transgender of which you speak?
    watch the video. if you have to ask then you'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Ah, you're just a straight-up homophobe. Well, that will make it even easier to just dismiss any "arguments" you have, then.
    No, that would be an incorrect definition. “Phobia” is a condition when you are afraid of something, when something frightens you. This is clearly not the case.

Are you afraid of dung piles? Of rotten fish? Of liquid vomit? Do these things frighten you? Or you’re just disgusted, naturally?

So yes, I’m definitely not afraid of homosexual people. Disgusted, yes - but that’s it.

By the way, you or some other person might be disgusted by MY sexual habits. Or not. Most likely not - because you’d never know them. I have no intention to make them public.

And people who DO have intention to do so, they disgust me. Because of this, not because what they do in the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    No, that would be an incorrect definition. “Phobia” is a condition when you are afraid of something, when something frightens you. This is clearly not the case.

Are you afraid of dung piles? Of rotten fish? Of liquid vomit? Do these things frighten you? Or you’re just disgusted, naturally?

So yes, I’m definitely not afraid of homosexual people. Disgusted, yes - but that’s it.
    A homophobe is specifically someone that is prejudiced against gay people, or has a dislike of them. So, yes, you're a homophobe.

That's the etymological root of the word. Its usage doesn't work like that. It can and does go beyond actual, literal "fear" in many established words - while arachnophobia is indeed a psychological phobia (i.e. a fear, in this case of spiders), there's also things like e.g. hydrophobic compounds in which the fear is metaphorical only (they're materials that repel water).

Just like no one would say that hydrophobic leaves (on some certain plants) are OMG LITERALLY AFRAID OF WATER (instead they merely repel water), concepts like homophobia, transphobia etc. also use the "fear" part metaphorically to denote repulsion, aversion, etc. and NOT a psychological fear.

By the way, you or some other person might be disgusted by MY sexual habits. Or not. Most likely not - because you’d never know them. I have no intention to make them public.

And people who DO have intention to do so, they disgust me. Because of this, not because what they do in the bed.
    Sure thing, whatever you say homophobe .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

its fine to feel disgust at something,you cant help it,i feel like vomiting when i look at or smell any food with spinach in it,but i dont go around hating and opressing or calling people who enjoy it names,or discrimate against them

also your phobia thing is wrong,words have different usage depending on the situation,homophobia/transphobia/etc is clearly defined as dislike of or prejudice,not fear

I have a sister that has emetophobia, or the fear of vomiting. She doesn't like when people talk about vomiting even jokingly, she has to mute scenes on TV or in movies where characters are vomiting, she tends to leave the room whenever anyone so much as mentions they're mildly nauseous, etc. All actions born of fear, rather than just disgust. Most people can just deal with their disgust in the moment, it's fear that causes them to go out of their way to avoid something.

So yes, I sense much fear in you.

Oh, come off it. We've already established that you're a hypocrite and full of shit.

If you saw a man and woman peck each other on the cheek and say they love each other in public, you wouldn't even bat an eyelash. If you saw two men or two women do the same, you'd apparently lose your goddamn mind.

Despite what you and the other hand-wringers might think, Blizzard isn't going to show HARDCORE GAY SEX on screen anytime soon. Hell, they're probably not ever going to even show two gay characters actually kissing in game, either. You know how I know? Because they haven't had any of their straight couples do any of that either. The most we're ever going to have is two characters in love talking about how they love and care for each other. That's it.

And if seeing two men or two women being mildly affectionate towards each other causes your mind to immediately jump to HARDCORE GAY SEX, I feel that says more about you than you might be willing to admit. Perhaps that's what you're actually afraid of....

“Blizzard isn't going to show HARDCORE GAY SEX on screen anytime soon”

Good to know, although I don’t want to see any kind of sex in a 12+ game.

“If you saw a man and woman peck each other on the cheek and say they love each other in public, you wouldn't even bat an eyelash.”

Yep, because it’s normal for a man and a woman to be in love with each other and show affection.

“If you saw two men or two women do the same, you'd apparently lose your goddamn mind.”

No, although I’d be disgusted. Because it’s NOT normal. I do not want my kids watching at this, I don’t want anyone’s kids watching at this.

Not normal in MY opinion, for sure - your opinion might be different.
    Also not normal by majority’s opinion, more importantly.

There ARE legal and ethical norms in the society, and norms are defined by the majority. It’s a fact wherever you like it or not - not a biased view. The norms might be different, sure (some even allow bearded “women” to a political musical shows as they do in EU). But there are norms.

“If you saw a man and woman peck each other on the cheek and say they love each other in public, you wouldn't even bat an eyelash.”

Yep, because it’s normal for a man and a woman to be in love with each other and show affection.

“If you saw two men or two women do the same, you'd apparently lose your goddamn mind.”

No, although I’d be disgusted. Because it’s NOT normal.
    Normality is a shifting definition. Societies evolve, and their sexual mores change with them.

It's not been that long that a woman showing her ankles in public was scandalous in the Western world. Now there's places where women can go topless in public and somehow society has not collapsed.

You at least acknowledge that it's "just your opinion", but perhaps that can just be in the statement from the get-go next time: you can just say "it offends me" instead of claiming some kind of superior morality by asserting something is supposedly "not normal'. Honesty is a virtue, too, you know.

You're free to take offense at whatever you please. What that offense elicits as a response is part of the everyday social negotiations that make up any society.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Ah, you're just a straight-up homophobe. Well, that will make it even easier to just dismiss any "arguments" you have, then.
    What if its because hes muslim??

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    What if its because hes muslim??
    Oh so you’re profiling now? Are you now saying that Muslims are less entitled to have opinion about sexuality?

“kind of superior morality by asserting something is supposedly "not normal'”

The society I live in defines these norms - legal, moral and ethical. They are exactly as I have described, and they are normal in my opinion, because they match the natural way of things - natural as in “defined by nature”.

Your society, your country, may have different norms. It may allow bearded “women”, gay “marriages” or fucking apes. In which case I can only express my deepest pity.