Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Dude, you cried about fucking genocide because of this trivial tool lol
    Is it a trivial tool?

It kicks off a very uncomfortable discussion on how our culture seems to be shifting from artistic merit to binary design when it comes to its media.

I have no doubt tools like this exist in many different outlets from media to hiring practices. It's a rather gross peek behind the curtains and hyperbole doesn't really disguise that.

I'm mainly just having a chuckle about the intersectional whatevers being presented with the final result of everything they've been ranting and raving about and their response is "Well, this is dumb. Obviously we didn't want this--it's racist against PoC and tokenizes them!"

Lol.
    Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If you're hiring people based off of their diversity and nothing else (ie, quota), yes. That's discrimination. If you're hiring people and the best candidates happen to be from diverse backgrounds... that's circumstance. There's a distinct difference in intent there which matters; people who argue that hiring quotas exist see the latter and presume the former.
    Yes and that’s exactly what you described. If you hire someone because they fit a quota for your diversity that’s not illegal. I have no idea what you mean “based off just race and nothing else” you literally made that part up. You can hire anyone for anything regardless of their credentials. You can even hire a high school grad with no credentials over and overqualified candidate and your reasoning can 100% be because of their race.

What you CANT do is NOT hire someone because of their race.

You are just completely wrong here idk why you’re still making stuff up to hope to be right because you aren’t

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    hiring more than white dudes,isnt discrimination,its the oposite,not being 100% represented isnt opression,but i understand how equality can feel like opression to white supremacists
    I just wish we could move on to content of character rather then ethic backgrounds myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Funny thing is...the 1st part...can EASILY be implemented under the guise of the 2nd part of your comment. And it is. If it were natural based off of ability but just so HAPPEN to have a not white man background (diverse as the woke use it) then it is fine. But that isn't what it happening. And the fact that they have diversity hiring quota's 100% proves that. And yet...the fact that they have diversity quota's you still fall for the "hiring off of great ability, but with diverse backgrounds". No, they 100% went out of their way to NOT hire someone white, period.

Which is why...all of this diversity nonsense from them has gone into hypermode after blizzard leadership was exposed as a bunch of rapists.
    So now to save face and not be cancelled as a company...they will and are going full swing woke.
    Because for large corporations....using race, sex, and gender....rakes in money. But only on the short term...when people get sick and tired of it. Because wokeness ruins everything and every IP it touches.
    It's funny how you lot say the exact same thing verbatim as if you are mentally incapable of seeing minorities as equally skilled as white people . If I didn't know any better I would say there is a term that describes that sort of mindset. Gee I wonder what that word that applies here was again as it's on the tip of my tongue.

Also prove it, prove that only unskilled labor is being hired in lieu of white folk since that's the claim you're making, we'll wait.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    "We're going to make sure no one feels like a token, stereotype, or excluded by ticking / not ticking boxes on our token wheel!"

This was actually praised?

This IS tokenism and stereotyping. It's literally looking at a set of data and going "Hmm yes, it seems we don't have a middle aged, weak, rich person, who is bisexual, and middle eastern. Our next character should have those traits for inclusion sake." followed by "Oh, we made them too middle aged, we should adjust that."
    I don't think that much of anyone is praising this. As I mentioned towards the end of the (since-locked) thread on this made some time ago, even a number of the people who are in support of more diverse representation in gaming have been dunking on this. This was a poorly-thought out PR move, through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    To be fair, hiring based on racial quotas is illegal in the states ever since the supreme court ruled it unconstitutional. What companies are doing now is instead of using hard lined quotas they just have "goals" where they put in extra effort to seek out diversity hires.
    Which is the same shit but in a different package. I mean this is basically like saying it isn’t a pyramid scheme it’s multileveled marketing.

It’s the same thing.

Blizzard is trying to fix the WRONG PROBLEMS!!! This update doesn't even make any sense! What the fuck Blizzard??? This is more of an insult than anything else.

Shame on you Blizzard. Fix ur irl problems, these aren't issues in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    It all went wrong when progressive culture invaded corporate America and tore it apart from the inside out. In some organizations, it has been going on since the 1970s. Game studios are only the most recent prey of the disease. Art is now secondary to ideology.
    progressive culture invading corporate America, over 20 years of fratboy culture harassment and discrimination resulting in a multi million dollar lawsuit.

Pick one.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    I'm a straight white cis-genderd male, and I'm sorry (and apparently pretty boring as well...)
    Being a gay white cis-gendered male and I feel so dissconected from this.

Why do articles like this just make me want to bury my head in shame?

Careful...the woke are in full swing right now. Trying to shut this down and claim "everything is fine"....as per usual.
    Just ignore them. There is little point in a healthy discussion with people that far gone. If your brain is a stuck in a loop where everyone who is not like you must be racist and evil, then you've lost touch with reality. They should be in a mental hospital except all the doctors and padded walls are in white so that would only make them more mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    I don't think that much of anyone is praising this. As I mentioned towards the end of the (since-locked) thread on this made some time ago, even a number of the people who are in support of more diverse representation in gaming have been dunking on this. This was a poorly-thought out PR move, through and through.
    Truth be told I don't really think people care...

People buy cloths made from child slavery and while if you confront them they will shrug and agree it's bad but it's still cheaper.

I don't really think anyone gives a real shit about this beyond performative moral outrage or being bored at work and shit posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Except we have these handy things called statistics that show that the workforce for pretty much every higher level job is white, protagonists and main characters in any form of media are still majority white, and clearly in your whining about people the main factor is also white.

There is nothing anti-white being pushed, what's being pushed is equal opportunities for minorities who don't have the same advantages and the playing field is being leveled. But of course to you anything that doesn't revolve around your whiteness is an attack on you lot lmao.
    Too many people disagree with you. Their is too much anti-whiteness in the media, hollyweird, the gaming industry, etc etc

The problem with you woke people...is you don't seem to realize that you are pushing for racism in every direction. Hiring non-whites based off of race rather then ability is called "the bigoty of no to low expectations". And not hiring whites based off of the fact that they are white...is racism full blown. You've just been brainwashed to think that it's ok and to be celebrated. Which is why the woke attack anybody white that disagree's with them...and called anybody black "not black" if they don't tow the party line. Biden did it...and so do the woke.

i.e everything wokeness touches...turns to shit. Race relations, movies, hope, bright future's, affordable gas and food...etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Just ignore them. There is little point in a healthy discussion with people that far gone. If your brain is a stuck in a loop where everyone who is not like you must be racist and evil, then you've lost touch with reality. They should be in a mental hospital except all the doctors and padded walls are in white so that would only make them more mad.
    Pot, kettle, black .

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    It's absolutely what they want, though. They simply don't know it, and faced with it in practice, they think it not only seems silly but also racist in and of itself.

A momentary flash of self-awareness before it fades and is replaced by the usual reflexive "BLIZZARD IS RACIST!"

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Truth be told I don't really think people care...

People buy cloths made from child slavery and while if you confront them they will shrug and agree it's bad but it's still cheaper.

I don't really think anyone gives a real shit about this beyond performative moral outrage or being bored at work and shit posting.
    I think a lot of people do care. They are just tired of being powerless to do anything to stop it.
    We are divided and it was done via politics, media, and Hollywood.
    We're told to see each other via race,skin, sexual identity. Which is why you have all of this programming coming out to help insure that it continues.
    Keep separating everybody based off of race, sex, gender via hiring practices and other deviant practices. And you'll go from where we were in the 90's/2000's...to where we are now. You know...1984.

Too many people disagree with you.
    Hate to break it to you but your echo-chamber doesn't count ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Also conservatives are a minority in the U.S. but don't let facts get in the way of your feelings mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Is it a trivial tool?
    Yes. It won't change a thing for most people. For a smaller percentage of people, they might feel a bit more represented in things.

"a leap forward" ... yea.
    Most racist tool i have ever seen - rating races & sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Blizzard is trying to fix the WRONG PROBLEMS!!! This update doesn't even make any sense! What the fuck Blizzard??? This is more of an insult than anything else.

Shame on you Blizzard. Fix ur irl problems, these aren't issues in the game.
    They're not really trying to fix anything. They just want your attention away from the fact they're union busting again lol And look how well it worked.