Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i wonder if that tool puts the targeted market / region into consideration

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    So what, then they should be represented by a foot?
    Yet with the times and go metric, a metre of course

No - I obviously mean of the population of the video games.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Yeah Blizz being a bit too transparent here. Even for the people that get off on all this diversity and inclusion should hate something like this, so I honestly have no idea why they decided to release this information.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I thought that MMO-C was going to distance themselves from this "News" after mods shut down the chat we were having before.

At least they kept the pictures in that Blizzard removed from their original press release

Bro, what is with companies turning things like diversity or sexual preferences, or race, into a checkbox on a list?
    Last edited by La; 2022-05-16 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    In China they have the social credit system to monitor their subjects

And now in America they have this... They're going to trial it in games first, then Facebook/Twitter and soon after roll out the final version in real life.
    We already have this in real life. Have you applied to a job, school, or scholarship recently? Gender/race/disability are all being used (likely against you).

It was also publicly challenged in the past:

"In Gratz v. Bollinger the court struck down the undergraduate point-based admissions process, which awarded black applicants points based on race." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratz_v._Bollinger ; https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...4/post_16.html
    Last edited by Illuminance; 2022-05-16 at 02:53 PM.

Feel like someone needs to point out the idea:

"Adopting a policy of *insert type*-ism to combat *insert type*-ism is still *insert type*-ism and only creates more *insert type*-ism."

The Ryan Long video of the Woke Guy and the Racist Guy agree on everything just keeps popping up in my mind when I see foolish ideas like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a clear difference between making LGBTQ people feel equal, belonging and comfortable and literally implying that being heterosexual and having a slim and curvy figure is wrong.

If you take a discrimination and switch polarities to 360 degrees to compensate, it will only create another discrimination which isn't better than the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by La View Post
    Bro, what is with companies turning things like diversity or sexual preferences, or race, into a fucking checkbox on a list?
    Because companies don't see people. They see numbers. Anything they can quantify as potentially usefully data, to eventually be translated into profit, they will.

This isn't being "woke". It's the same-old, soulless corporate bullshit under a different PR spin.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Why make this uber SJW tool when their devs are already super woke? Some weird pr stunt.
    Absolutely a PR stunt, some where there is a suit going “diversity sells and we need good will with the lawsuit” so they make this and talk about it publicly to try and get good PR.

The devs them selfs likely heard about this the same time the public did and if this was before the lawsuit would likely keep there mouths shut too not get reprimanded by HR.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    and, to copy and paste what I said on the now closed thread, in what world did Activision Blizzard think this would be a good idea to make a press release about? This to me seems like it should be some shady as fuck "Dude, trust me I work for ActivisionBlizzard" smuggled out of HQ leak that they'd IMMEDIATELY shoot down as "This system isn't in practice"

Also, can we please do the current Lore figures in WoW? Where would Thrall land? What about Anduin? Anduin seems like he'd be like all zeroes on the meter. Young, straight, White, Cis Male with no injuries... oooh can we put his mental trauma of being dominated by The Jailer on there someplace?

it's really sad how forced this is being.

it's like people get outraged because there is not 1 of every single gender/race/sexual orientation combination included in every game.

Bro, what is with companies turning things like diversity or sexual preferences, or race, into a checkbox on a list?
    It is the logical conclusion to this current fad.

I've been wondering if MMO-C were ever going to post this.

This is probably the single biggest own goal Blizzard has ever had. And the worst part is... they see it as a god thing

Can't wait for every non "white male" added to the game to be mocked to oblivion by people working out their diversity stat points.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    in what world did Activision Blizzard think this would be a good idea to make a press release about?
    You can't have "virtue signaling" without the signaling part.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pathetic.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Even worse is that they promoting this tool with things like "our OW devs already uses it!" and they all they that its a lie.
    That's the kind of shit that was very likely promoted during a meeting, where some corporates assholes asked the developers to use that super-efficient tool, to what Developers agreed, and then they never cared a iota.

What I like the most in that news is :
    In light of the controversy, the original post was updated with an editor's note which clarifies that the tool is not being used in active game development.
    Then it's useless. Then whoever paid for the development of such tool should be fired.
    If I spend the next months designing something out of pure pleasure with absolutely no benefit for my company, I can guarantee I'll have to explain why. I'm not sure this'll be the case here.

According to that tool I'm probably a good ol' 0. Maybe 1 because I'd rank poorly in "Ability" if I understand correctly that chart.
    what would be your score, fellow MMOC users ?
    Someone should create a poll topic to check what would be the average score down there haha, but I won't do, don't wanna be banned
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2022-05-16 at 02:57 PM.

This is another level. They are now actually assigning numerical value to each thing. That is what is the backlash seems to be about. Yikes a straight character? 0 points! Hmm BI? 5 points. Ah Gay? That is worth 10 points! Trans? Yahtzee!! Thats is a 15 pointer right there!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How weird the world of changing so fast..

Our guild is already using this tool.

Right now we're only recruiting characters with a visual disability (Demon Hunters), Overweight women (Kul Tiran any class) or vertically challenged people with artificial limbs who can only press 1 button (BM hunter Mechagnomes)