Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    How do I win this chart? Can I choose to be an old body positive transracial transsexual dudette who can do anything?
    I don't think you can as it isnt the purpose of it.

Sadly I doubt this chart signals a return of slut mogs anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jikes I'm a 0 in this dystopian tool. Way to learn from history. Good thing not even gamer-breadtube seems to latch onto this as a good thing.

I'll say one thing, this bizarre chart makes me want to see what I can create by deliberately trying to "diversify" from the existing characters.

What does it mean if I crank up "sexual orientation" to the max? Have I made them horny as fuck? Gay? Both?

If I'm reading that "age" category right it looks like it can pull into the negatives. I've got it, Fetus in a giant mech! No wait, I swear I've heard that one before...

No wait, I will create the perfect character! MAXIMIZE ALL SETTINGS! MAX CULTURE! MAX SEXUAL ORIENTATION. MAX AGE!!!

So multiple developers including Blizzard themselves come out to say that this tool isn't used and we're outraged because... it exists in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Sadly I doubt this chart signals a return of slut mogs anytime soon.
    Glad to see you've got priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Companies (and in this case, Blizzard) losing touch with reality isn't exactly a new thing. Remember when Blizzard told everyone they'd be forced to use Real ID and were horribly confused why people were so upset about it? Then a game developer tried proving to everyone they had nothing to worry about and put his real name out there and a day later someone called in a bomb threat at his daughter's school?

Then remember Blizzard thought it was a good idea to shelf the announcement for Diablo 4 and instead just announce a mobile entry into a predominantly PC based franchise and they were super confused why people were upset about it?

Remember when Blizzard randomly decided they hated flying and built an entire continent (Draenor) WITHOUT Flying in mind (to the point where there were unfinished areas and buildings from higher vantage points) and were super confused why people were upset about not being able to use more than half their mounts an entire expansion so they had to spend development time finishing the zones and enabling Flying 2 major patches later?

Remember when Blizzard dropped development into WC3 Reforged midways through and released a shitty, broken product that literally made the original game unplayable and worse (with downgraded textures for classic) and didn't understand why people were so upset so they relented and offered full, no-questions asked refunds for the game to this day (even if you beat the game) and now pretend like it just doesn't exist?

Remember when Blizzard tried to force the HotS eSports scene without addressing all the issues and the competitive scene first (matchmaking, MMR, Roles, etc) and when it completely failed due to negligence on their part they just abandoned the whole game?

Do I even need to bring up Overwatch 2? Racist tropes in Exploring Azeroth? George Fisher's video rant at Blizzcon that Blizzard edited and approved calling Alliance players "f*ggots and to kill themselves?

Blizzard is not a good company. It's a shadowy monstrosity surviving off the legacy of Blizzard North and the original great developers
    I have to say, the realid thing has to have single handedly be the most out of touch thing that company has ever done. You’re seriously going to FORCE not just recommend they were going to FORCE your real name to be available to everyone for literally no reason at all on the internet. How in gods fucking name can a video game company for Christ sake not understand the outcome of this. How that idea went through that many people in that company and still got the go ahead is beyond me.

As someone who has only skimmed the two articles, read the update and is looking at this Zarya/Torb/Lucio graph, I am a little confused. So this is a development tool that they will be using in the future to achieve "true representation" instead of "tokenism"? the graph is confusing to me because it look like they are bragging about "true" diversity they have already achieved in OW? or are they pointing out "tokenism"?

I'm just confused. OW from my POV has always been very desexualized and diverse. It's kinda the whole premise of the game with all the different countries' maps and nationalities of the heroes and trying to appeal to the masses in a wholesome way. Not to mention the openly gay characters. I also don't really understand how they plan on displaying diversity without touching stereotypes. Isn't that the whole point? I guess that very subjective and theoretical line is what this tool is about?

Anyway, the problem was sleazy developers sexually harassing's inferior employees in a corporate environment driving one of them to suicide and creating a legal scandal. Again not sure how this all relates to OW and tokenism.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    So multiple developers including Blizzard themselves come out to say that this tool isn't used and we're outraged because... it exists in the first place?
    From the artcile that was linked in the first few lines:

"Over the past few months, King has let developer teams at Activision and Blizzard “beta test” the Diversity Space Tool, and the results have been immediate and enthusiastic.

Alayna Cole, DE&I manager at Sledgehammer Games, says the tool was tested by developer teams working on Call of Duty: Vanguard, and it left a sizable impression. “We used [the Diversity Space Tool] to figure out what ‘more diversity’ looks like across all of our characters in both campaign multiplayer and Live seasons,” says Cole. “And now we’re going to use that data going forward into the next games that we’re working on.” The Overwatch 2 team at Blizzard has also had a chance to experiment with the tool, with equally enthusiastic first impressions."

So who's lying? Because someone is...
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Ahahaha what is this?

Tbf, this seems like it is designed to get rid of any of the racist stuff the old team put in that went unnoticed for a long time.

Such as the original Worgans being en-slaved, darker in color and drop chicken and watermelons.

How did the dwarf get a 0 for culture? He literally has the big dwarf beard and tattoos. Doesn't he build a turret with his blacksmithing hammer? He is heavily expressing his dwarf culture.

Unless they are trying to match it to real life culture? It's a game, it's all make believe and pretend. This is nothing but hot garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

Glad to see you've got priorities.
    So you're saying they built it to not use it? I don't think so.
    This is what they use for their hiring practices in woke corporations. Straight white men need not apply. And you better be the right kind of "black" or anything else or you lose diversity points.
    What a freakin awful tool it is. And the fact that it even exists and is so detailed....yeah- you and THEY aren't fooling anyone. It's not like you aren't blasting the same woke nonsense on multiple platforms as it is already. The writing on the wall is HUGE and plain for all to see.
    This is all about rich and powerful people trying to push culture into a certain genocidal direction.

And they gotta try and put somebody in the fire to blame. In this case...white people in general. Because diversity simply means less/no whites. Which is 100% the way they always imply "diversity". Diversity simply means...how far from straight, white, male can you be. And how you can destroy those that identify as such by pushing them out of all levels in the work force. Apply diversity quota's against them.
    Because i've yet to see any company try to make ANYTHING more white...or as the global left says "less diverse". Remember, less diverse= more white while more diverse= less/no whites. And that is 100% how they use their metrics against us. To even talk about it will get you censored, banned, or deplatformed. You can't stop something you aren't even allowed to point a finger at and be relentlessly attacked for by the very people doing it.

Now you get to see one of their score cards.
    Last edited by Xires; 2022-05-16 at 03:55 PM.

The woke mob is turning the internet into a Black Mirror episode. Who would have guessed?

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Jikes I'm a 0 in this dystopian tool. Way to learn from history. Good thing not even gamer-breadtube seems to latch onto this as a good thing.
    Just get fat to get some points. If you cant get fat then I guess you get points for a disability lol.

Well, I guess King didn't want to feel left out in the controversies that the Blizz and Activision sides of the company had so they made their own controversial hot-take.

ITs so funny that they thought this was a Good idea, Like what was they smoking when they thought this was a good idea? Even thee own employees are face palming so hard they enter last week,.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Isn't this what left always fought for? They should be happy then.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post

"Over the past few months, King has let developer teams at Activision and Blizzard “beta test” the Diversity Space Tool, and the results have been immediate and enthusiastic.

Alayna Cole, DE&I manager at Sledgehammer Games, says the tool was tested by developer teams working on Call of Duty: Vanguard, and it left a sizable impression. “We used [the Diversity Space Tool] to figure out what ‘more diversity’ looks like across all of our characters in both campaign multiplayer and Live seasons,” says Cole. “And now we’re going to use that data going forward into the next games that we’re working on.” The Overwatch 2 team at Blizzard has also had a chance to experiment with the tool, with equally enthusiastic first impressions."

100% exactly. They are just trying to cover their asses. They are racist against whites 100%. That's the whole point of "diversity" in the first place. At least that is how they have been using it and throwing it in our faces. "Less white men...the better". And now you're going to see games that focus on race, sex, gender etc etc over actually being good games. The 90's and 2000's really were the golden age of gaming. This anti-white woke nonsense needs to end. But it won't...because we keep letting them do this to us over the guise of "diversity and equality" when the reality is...left wing anti-western propaganda. How do you destroy Western culture? Destroy the one's who created it.

They don't want diversity of opinion from anyone. But they do need a scapegoat. And guess who's on the menu....they are being actively displaced and pushed out everywhere via "diversity quota". Go ahead.....try and question it...or even bring up the fact that it is 100% the reason for all of this.
    Last edited by Xires; 2022-05-16 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post

Surely isnt the 2nd most insane blizzard shill on mmo c man, cmon.