Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    I'm not just talking about this game. I'm talking about the fact that it is happening in every single corporation in America. Look at their websites. Hell, look at the VA website. Now instead of helping Veterans they now have category's of Veteran, female veteran (which to a degree I can understand), and now minority veteran, and LGBTQ veterans. They are separating us via race, gender, sexual preference, while at the same time making it a net zero to be white in the work force.
    The more diverse you are...the more hiring points you get.

Saying you must hire via :black, gay, woman, etc etc....only validates exactly what I am saying. They are hiring via not being white instead of how good you are. And you wonder why the writing in new shows suck so bad and push so much woke propaganda that they don't even try to hide it anymore. They used to try and be covert about their message...now they are completely overt about it and shoving it in your face. And the message is "straight, white, male bad".

Let me know when diversity is applied to anyone else but white men. Let me know when they make another Zulu" movie but instead of making the tribe actual Zulu....we push a woke message of diversity and make it look more like how the progressive left want it to be instead.
    The re-writing of hero's and the obvious message coming from Hollyweird.

Freely drop gamer words without consequence? I dunno what "gamer words" are that you are implying need to be banned and censored by a left wing political group that is taking over entire industry's.
    I mean...the recent freak out by those people because of Musk looking to buy twitter is more proof of what they've been doing. It's about controlling the message and shoving it down our throats relentlessly.
    White Persecution Complex: A Parable.

It's not like Overwatch has like what? 13 white characters? Honestly at this point I'm just thoroughly enjoying the impotent rage from you lot who are utterly self-unaware.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

"We're going to make sure no one feels like a token, stereotype, or excluded by ticking / not ticking boxes on our token wheel!"

This was actually praised?

This IS tokenism and stereotyping. It's literally looking at a set of data and going "Hmm yes, it seems we don't have a middle aged, weak, rich person, who is bisexual, and middle eastern. Our next character should have those traits for inclusion sake." followed by "Oh, we made them too middle aged, we should adjust that."

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Nah, he's strong (and a mechanic) which is a common male trait. I.e. he also gets a zero there.

Just to be clear here, this diversity tool is completely ridiculous and I sincerely hope that whoever at the company had the idea to make, or push for its making, gets fired. They clearly are bringing anything good to the table.
    Fired? They were hired for it most likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    White Persecution Complex: A Parable.

It's not like Overwatch has like what? 13 characters white characters? Honestly at this point I'm just thoroughly enjoying the impotent rage from you lot who are utterly self-unaware.
    The only people raging are the anti-white wokesters who are trying to protect the anti-white narrative being pushed in everything.

Even pointing out the fact that you people are backing something evil will get me attacked. Why? Because as others here can see...according to the woke...if you're white and step out of line...you have a "white persecution complex" Notice how they said "white persecution" and not simply "persecution". It is their way of trying to shut down anyone white who points out the anti-white narrative we are seeing everyday on these forums, in the media, and in movies.

Built a tool where 'white heterosexual male' gets the highest score = discriminatory! racist!
    Built a tool where 'white heterosexual male' gets the lowest score = progressive! inclusive!

I am a carrot!

Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    Hiring based off quotas is not illegal. There is literally the term a “diversity hire”. A ton of companies including blizzard does this
    If you're hiring people based off of their diversity and nothing else (ie, quota), yes. That's discrimination. If you're hiring people and the best candidates happen to be from diverse backgrounds... that's circumstance. There's a distinct difference in intent there which matters; people who argue that hiring quotas exist see the latter and presume the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Built a tool where 'white heterosexual male' gets the highest score = discriminatory! racist!
    Built a tool where 'white heterosexual male' gets the lowest score = progressive! inclusive!
    Careful...the woke are in full swing right now. Trying to shut this down and claim "everything is fine"....as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    Hiring based off quotas is not illegal. There is literally the term a “diversity hire”. A ton of companies including blizzard does this
    To be fair, hiring based on racial quotas is illegal in the states ever since the supreme court ruled it unconstitutional. What companies are doing now is instead of using hard lined quotas they just have "goals" where they put in extra effort to seek out diversity hires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fired? They were hired for it most likely.

- - - Updated - - -

The only people raging are the anti-white wokesters who are trying to protect the anti-white narrative being pushed in everything.

Even pointing out the fact that you people are backing something evil will get me attacked. Why? Because as others here can see...according to the woke...if you're white and step out of line...you have a "white persecution complex" Notice how they said "white persecution" and not simply "persecution". It is their way of trying to shut down anyone white who points out the anti-white narrative we are seeing everyday on these forums, in the media, and in movies.
    Except we have these handy things called statistics that show that the workforce for pretty much every higher level job is white, protagonists and main characters in any form of media are still majority white, and clearly in your whining about people the main factor is also white.

There is nothing anti-white being pushed, what's being pushed is equal opportunities for minorities who don't have the same advantages and the playing field is being leveled. But of course to you anything that doesn't revolve around your whiteness is an attack on you lot lmao.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2022-05-16 at 04:54 PM.

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If you're hiring people based off of their diversity and nothing else (ie, quota), yes. That's discrimination. If you're hiring people and the best candidates happen to be from diverse backgrounds... that's circumstance. There's a distinct difference in intent there which matters; people who argue that hiring quotas exist see the latter and presume the former.
    Funny thing is...the 1st part...can EASILY be implemented under the guise of the 2nd part of your comment. And it is. If it were natural based off of ability but just so HAPPEN to have a not white man background (diverse as the woke use it) then it is fine. But that isn't what it happening. And the fact that they have diversity hiring quota's 100% proves that. And yet...the fact that they have diversity quota's you still fall for the "hiring off of great ability, but with diverse backgrounds". No, they 100% went out of their way to NOT hire someone white, period.

Which is why...all of this diversity nonsense from them has gone into hypermode after blizzard leadership was exposed as a bunch of rapists.
    So now to save face and not be cancelled as a company...they will and are going full swing woke.
    Because for large corporations....using race, sex, and gender....rakes in money. But only on the short term...when people get sick and tired of it. Because wokeness ruins everything and every IP it touches.

But when you hire based off of not being white and male...you are discriminating against a race and gender so...their is that. Or do white men not count when you hire based off of not being...white and male? Cause you know..."diversity".
    hiring more than white dudes,isnt discrimination,its the oposite,not being 100% represented isnt opression,but i understand how equality can feel like opression to white supremacists

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Dude, you cried about fucking genocide because of this trivial tool lol
    Is it a trivial tool?

It kicks off a very uncomfortable discussion on how our culture seems to be shifting from artistic merit to binary design when it comes to its media.

I have no doubt tools like this exist in many different outlets from media to hiring practices. It's a rather gross peek behind the curtains and hyperbole doesn't really disguise that.

I'm mainly just having a chuckle about the intersectional whatevers being presented with the final result of everything they've been ranting and raving about and their response is "Well, this is dumb. Obviously we didn't want this--it's racist against PoC and tokenizes them!"

Lol.
    Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yes and that’s exactly what you described. If you hire someone because they fit a quota for your diversity that’s not illegal. I have no idea what you mean “based off just race and nothing else” you literally made that part up. You can hire anyone for anything regardless of their credentials. You can even hire a high school grad with no credentials over and overqualified candidate and your reasoning can 100% be because of their race.

What you CANT do is NOT hire someone because of their race.

You are just completely wrong here idk why you’re still making stuff up to hope to be right because you aren’t

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    hiring more than white dudes,isnt discrimination,its the oposite,not being 100% represented isnt opression,but i understand how equality can feel like opression to white supremacists
    I just wish we could move on to content of character rather then ethic backgrounds myself...

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is...the 1st part...can EASILY be implemented under the guise of the 2nd part of your comment. And it is. If it were natural based off of ability but just so HAPPEN to have a not white man background (diverse as the woke use it) then it is fine. But that isn't what it happening. And the fact that they have diversity hiring quota's 100% proves that. And yet...the fact that they have diversity quota's you still fall for the "hiring off of great ability, but with diverse backgrounds". No, they 100% went out of their way to NOT hire someone white, period.

Which is why...all of this diversity nonsense from them has gone into hypermode after blizzard leadership was exposed as a bunch of rapists.
    So now to save face and not be cancelled as a company...they will and are going full swing woke.
    Because for large corporations....using race, sex, and gender....rakes in money. But only on the short term...when people get sick and tired of it. Because wokeness ruins everything and every IP it touches.
    It's funny how you lot say the exact same thing verbatim as if you are mentally incapable of seeing minorities as equally skilled as white people . If I didn't know any better I would say there is a term that describes that sort of mindset. Gee I wonder what that word that applies here was again as it's on the tip of my tongue.

Also prove it, prove that only unskilled labor is being hired in lieu of white folk since that's the claim you're making, we'll wait.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    "We're going to make sure no one feels like a token, stereotype, or excluded by ticking / not ticking boxes on our token wheel!"

This was actually praised?

This IS tokenism and stereotyping. It's literally looking at a set of data and going "Hmm yes, it seems we don't have a middle aged, weak, rich person, who is bisexual, and middle eastern. Our next character should have those traits for inclusion sake." followed by "Oh, we made them too middle aged, we should adjust that."
    I don't think that much of anyone is praising this. As I mentioned towards the end of the (since-locked) thread on this made some time ago, even a number of the people who are in support of more diverse representation in gaming have been dunking on this. This was a poorly-thought out PR move, through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    To be fair, hiring based on racial quotas is illegal in the states ever since the supreme court ruled it unconstitutional. What companies are doing now is instead of using hard lined quotas they just have "goals" where they put in extra effort to seek out diversity hires.
    Which is the same shit but in a different package. I mean this is basically like saying it isn’t a pyramid scheme it’s multileveled marketing.

It’s the same thing.

3+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is trying to fix the WRONG PROBLEMS!!! This update doesn't even make any sense! What the fuck Blizzard??? This is more of an insult than anything else.

Shame on you Blizzard. Fix ur irl problems, these aren't issues in the game.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    It all went wrong when progressive culture invaded corporate America and tore it apart from the inside out. In some organizations, it has been going on since the 1970s. Game studios are only the most recent prey of the disease. Art is now secondary to ideology.
    progressive culture invading corporate America, over 20 years of fratboy culture harassment and discrimination resulting in a multi million dollar lawsuit.

Pick one.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.