Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    I'm a straight white cis-genderd male, and I'm sorry (and apparently pretty boring as well...)
    Being a gay white cis-gendered male and I feel so dissconected from this.

Why do articles like this just make me want to bury my head in shame?

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Careful...the woke are in full swing right now. Trying to shut this down and claim "everything is fine"....as per usual.
    Just ignore them. There is little point in a healthy discussion with people that far gone. If your brain is a stuck in a loop where everyone who is not like you must be racist and evil, then you've lost touch with reality. They should be in a mental hospital except all the doctors and padded walls are in white so that would only make them more mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    I don't think that much of anyone is praising this. As I mentioned towards the end of the (since-locked) thread on this made some time ago, even a number of the people who are in support of more diverse representation in gaming have been dunking on this. This was a poorly-thought out PR move, through and through.
    Truth be told I don't really think people care...

People buy cloths made from child slavery and while if you confront them they will shrug and agree it's bad but it's still cheaper.

I don't really think anyone gives a real shit about this beyond performative moral outrage or being bored at work and shit posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Except we have these handy things called statistics that show that the workforce for pretty much every higher level job is white, protagonists and main characters in any form of media are still majority white, and clearly in your whining about people the main factor is also white.

There is nothing anti-white being pushed, what's being pushed is equal opportunities for minorities who don't have the same advantages and the playing field is being leveled. But of course to you anything that doesn't revolve around your whiteness is an attack on you lot lmao.
    Too many people disagree with you. Their is too much anti-whiteness in the media, hollyweird, the gaming industry, etc etc

The problem with you woke people...is you don't seem to realize that you are pushing for racism in every direction. Hiring non-whites based off of race rather then ability is called "the bigoty of no to low expectations". And not hiring whites based off of the fact that they are white...is racism full blown. You've just been brainwashed to think that it's ok and to be celebrated. Which is why the woke attack anybody white that disagree's with them...and called anybody black "not black" if they don't tow the party line. Biden did it...and so do the woke.

i.e everything wokeness touches...turns to shit. Race relations, movies, hope, bright future's, affordable gas and food...etc etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Just ignore them. There is little point in a healthy discussion with people that far gone. If your brain is a stuck in a loop where everyone who is not like you must be racist and evil, then you've lost touch with reality. They should be in a mental hospital except all the doctors and padded walls are in white so that would only make them more mad.
    Pot, kettle, black .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    I don't think that much of anyone is praising this. As I mentioned towards the end of the (since-locked) thread on this made some time ago, even a number of the people who are in support of more diverse representation in gaming have been dunking on this. This was a poorly-thought out PR move, through and through.
    It's absolutely what they want, though. They simply don't know it, and faced with it in practice, they think it not only seems silly but also racist in and of itself.

A momentary flash of self-awareness before it fades and is replaced by the usual reflexive "BLIZZARD IS RACIST!"

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post

People buy cloths made from child slavery and while if you confront them they will shrug and agree it's bad but it's still cheaper.

I don't really think anyone gives a real shit about this beyond performative moral outrage or being bored at work and shit posting.
    I think a lot of people do care. They are just tired of being powerless to do anything to stop it.
    We are divided and it was done via politics, media, and Hollywood.
    We're told to see each other via race,skin, sexual identity. Which is why you have all of this programming coming out to help insure that it continues.
    Keep separating everybody based off of race, sex, gender via hiring practices and other deviant practices. And you'll go from where we were in the 90's/2000's...to where we are now. You know...1984.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Too many people disagree with you.
    Hate to break it to you but your echo-chamber doesn't count ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Also conservatives are a minority in the U.S. but don't let facts get in the way of your feelings mate.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    "a leap forward" ... yea.
    Most racist tool i have ever seen - rating races & sexuality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Isn't this what left always fought for? They should be happy then.
    No. It absolutely fucking isn't. What the 'left' wants is for people to be treated the same, with fairness and equality, in a standard 'normal' way.

What these companies are doing is pandering in the absolute extreme, explicitly NOT treating people as equals, explicitly NOT treating people the same. They think that people outside of the norm—so to speak—require deliberate token characters to relate to, and that they ESPECIALLY need these characters to say that they are token characters.

It's just yet another form of the ageold 'separate but equal'.

How companies THINK that people want to be represented:

"James Bond kisses his husband, they talk about going to meet some gay friends, they reminisce about getting married, oh and by the way they are gay"

How people ACTUALLY want to be represented:

"James Bond says goodbye (maybe with a 'love you') to husband who is watching tv"

You know, like normal people?
    Last edited by Lollis; 2022-05-16 at 05:11 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this garbage lol. I like how all the minority groups have been completely turned into data points for exploitation and sales figures. I mean, thats been going on behind the scenes since the Occupy Wallstreet protests, but now they're just blatantly showing us that yes, you are nothing more than blips on a chart to hit our quota of diversity. Classic.

Disgusting.
    /puke
    /spit

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post

I mean, you're probably not wrong. Most people will gleefully throw principle out the window if it means they can keep consuming product. Props to people that actually follow through with boycotts, even if I may not necessarily agree with their rationale.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's absolutely what they want, though. They simply don't know it, and faced with it in practice, they think it not only seems silly but also racist in and of itself.

A momentary flash of self-awareness before it fades and is replaced by the usual reflexive "BLIZZARD IS RACIST!"
    Perhaps. Definitely some degree of it already existing in professional spaces, with some people in companies introducing themselves by stating their name, race, gender identity, pronouns, etc. Wouldn't be entirely surprising if this sort of thing becomes normalized in a few years.

Makes me not wanna buy Wokewatch

10+ Year Old Account
    just wow...so gay

Should we coin the term "Woke Credit Score"?

The numbers Mason, what do they mean?
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    when progressive culture invaded corporate America
    You've got that exactly backwards, but still nearly arrive at the point by the end. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You think this system is akin to China's social credit system, you're not looking/aren't capable of a healthy discussion on such topics lol
    Well... China IS more progressive than the US so it'll take a while for this system to catch up. Eventually it will get there though. Not enough transgender friends? -2 points on your score! Don't eat at any Indian restaurants? -1 score. White male living in a high end neighborhood? -20 points by default.

Good luck applying for a job with a -23 score. The tool says 'rejected!'. That seems like the woke idea of a perfect world based on all the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    Yes and that’s exactly what you described. If you hire someone because they fit a quota for your diversity that’s not illegal. I have no idea what you mean “based off just race and nothing else” you literally made that part up. You can hire anyone for anything regardless of their credentials. You can even hire a high school grad with no credentials over and overqualified candidate and your reasoning can 100% be because of their race.

What you CANT do is NOT hire someone because of their race.

You are just completely wrong here idk why you’re still making stuff up to hope to be right because you aren’t
    What the fuck? We seem to be saying the same thing you're just upset because I phrased it differently.