Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    To distract from the actual shit they're up to, duh. Can't have people talk about their further attempts at union-busting.
    Using woke-scolding as a misdirection against something that most people on the left actually support is ... I don't know, it seems almost cartoonishly evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    kekw is the only thing i can say

the comedy continues

The problem with this is it's distracting people to focus on "woke" "SJW" etc. when the problem is more subversive and I shall explain briefly...

Playing video games has always been under the umbrella of escapism which has always been a problem with video games but by doing this with future video games. As an oversight mechanism for future video games or design systems it is being made to influence you, as the consumer, to see yourself represented in said video game which is just an easier way to normalize escapism and I imagine a LOT of tech companies are doing this right now with the biggest one being Meta aka Facebook. Your reality is engaged in the real world and this is just a bridge to justify escapism as long as you are seeing yourself in the game/tech so it becomes an extension of yourself instead of an outlet to escapism.

The fact that this whole thing is being tunneled into "diversity" and "inclusivity", to me, is just a wolf in sheep's clothing to distract people because no one wants to know tech companies are trying to make you do video games, social media, etc. more and more and more.

imagine if they first made their game fun

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    Premise: it can only be one or the other.
    Hidden premise: it must be progressive culture and there can be no other solution.

Both premises are incorrect. Neither option is desirable.
    It has to be one or the other because every thing that has come out about blizzard and it’s work Culture is the exact opposite of progressive culture to the point where it could Only be more on the nose if they had mandated MAGA Hats.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

This is the most disgusting thing I've read and heard in a while. This tool completely destroys any artistic choice.

"Look, a black character, I'm sure he got 7 points in race and culture - that's great" - said no one ever.

Whenever you see a "non mainstream" character now, you can be certain it's there because it *has* to be there, not because someone thought that it would be interesting, fit or simply because they wanted to design someone different.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    imagine if they first made their game fun
    Given the amount of money candy crush and other king games bring it id assume a lot of people find it fun.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Holy shit this is pathetic, so cringe, my god...

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yep, that's Activision-Blizzard. And, really, any large corporation.
    Normally I'd be inclined to think it's coincidence as I'm a mostly liberal guy that doesn't particularly care for unions but fuck man. It's almost too perfect timing.

IMO the people requiring representation have a problem. No one watches a movie with Denzel Washington or Samuel Jackson as the main actor and thinks "dang, if only the leading actor was white this would be a great movie." If they do, there is something wrong with them. It works the same the other way around. If you watch a movie and Tom Cruise is the leading actor and you think "I can't really relate to this because of his skin color, if he was black brown or yellow I could relate better" then something is wrong with you.

I saw something on the news a few years ago about an app for your phone that helps you find a mall with a black Santa. A lady was commenting saying it made her feel better to be able to take her daughter to a black Santa because she could relate better. It blows my mind and doesn't make any sense to me. If I took my kid to a mall to see Santa and he happened to be black how would that matter? Different skin colors exist, it's part of life. This whole thing is people being assholes.

So they're "avoiding tokenism" with a callous and cynical chart that tries formulate representation, which corporations can then use for shallow diversity quotas and queerbating... How is that not the pinnacle of tokenism right there? This feels like something written by The Onion.

Also jesus, the amount of reactionary gAmeRs dancing on this article with bad hot takes and bad faith arguments is both hilarious and unsurprising. Yall have issues.
    Last edited by Mellrod; 2022-05-16 at 07:03 PM.

This company has become a complete joke.

No matter how much of a special snowflake someone thinks they are, being honest, they are just a metric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    You were clearly making a joke as well. I don't understand that hostile response either.
    some people need an argument out of thin air in order to '' feel '' right. he / she / they / them / wtv didn't get what he / she / they / them / wtv wanted and vanished as expected.

see ? joking while being right as hell is much more fun
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

How people ACTUALLY want to be represented:

"James Bond says goodbye (maybe with a 'love you') to husband who is watching tv"

You know, like normal people?”

Are you seriously putting “normal people” into the same statement with a person with a male name having a “husband”?..

So the story here is “people online got big mad that a silly tool nobody is actually using got reported”?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    This is the most disgusting thing I've read and heard in a while. This tool completely destroys any artistic choice.

"Look, a black character, I'm sure he got 7 points in race and culture - that's great" - said no one ever.

Whenever you see a "non mainstream" character now, you can be certain it's there because it *has* to be there, not because someone thought that it would be interesting, fit or simply because they wanted to design someone different.
    wile im sure saying this is the most disgusting thing is a huge exageration,i wonder how many - points i would get considering 2 of my favorite actors are joaquin phoenix and bob odenkirk

Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post

How people ACTUALLY want to be represented:

"James Bond says goodbye (maybe with a 'love you') to husband who is watching tv"

You know, like normal people?”

Are you seriously putting “normal people” into the same statement with a person with a male name having a “husband”?..
    Yes, gay people are normal.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

lmao. just what blizzard needs to be focusing on.

Holy sht this is world is mental