Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    wile im sure saying this is the most disgusting thing is a huge exageration,i wonder how many - points i would get considering 2 of my favorite actors are joaquin phoenix and bob odenkirk
    Shame on you! Odenkirk's no stranger to racial matters.

So I see a lot of people not necessarily defending this, but calling out people for "overreacting " because we were told this was a tool no one uses.

My question, if no one uses it why does it exist at all? Did they used to use it? Do they plan on using it in the future?

And why wouldn't you be upset at this? Are people ok seeing the things that make them unique and different and diverse just boxes to check off on a list? I can understand wanting to see representation and being able to relate with a character, but guess what. Just because someone is a straight white Male doesn't mean they can relate to every other straight white Male
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    I concur. They turn this thing into a caricature. I can't even.
    Stoopid zoomers have no measure.
    What the hell.

You can't remove stereotypes from the human mind. You can only learn and teach others to not take them too seriously.
    Stereotypes can also be fun, but alas these youngsters no longer have a sense of humor.
    Poor world.
    Best example of just having fun with stereotypes I have EVER seen is G Gundam..which would probably be considered racist asf today despite just being batshit crazy

this is perfectly in line with the nefarious woke ideology that has already infiltrated blizzard since years back. this WILL come eventually, shortly before blizzard goes bankrupt. go woke get broke. ALL problems within blizzard atm has its origin in the woke activists stirring up drama and shit for ideological reasons. it a pity that a institution as grand as blizzard will fall, but not even them are immune to the subversion of woke ideology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Brownies points, and read: ACTIVE game development. Doesn't deny being used for FUTURE game development. Which is sad if they do.

Please be /s, please be /s.
    I like to auto assume sarcasm or trolls..helps my sanity

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    So the story here is “people online got big mad that a silly tool nobody is actually using got reported”?
    The "Nobody is actually using it" was done after the tool was originally announced, presumably as damage control.

Man...does this make the quality and quantity of content I pay for improve?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaile View Post
    this is perfectly in line with the nefarious woke ideology that has already infiltrated blizzard since years back. this WILL come eventually, shortly before blizzard goes bankrupt. go woke get broke. ALL problems within blizzard atm has its origin in the woke activists stirring up drama and shit for ideological reasons. it a pity that a institution as grand as blizzard will fall, but not even them are immune to the subversion of woke ideology.
    Wait all of them problems? The multi million dollar law suit was just a false flag by woke activists stirring up drama they faked the whole thing for ideological reasons?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    The "Nobody is actually using it" was done after the tool was originally announced, presumably as damage control.
    Yeah obviously lol.

Like they clearly are backtracking here, like they clearly thought everyone was goin to love this and if the reception was different they would have 100% gone in the other direction.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    While ya it’s damage control The dev’s them selfs have also said they don’t use it and have bemoaned the suits for pretending that they do.

This was nothing more then a distraction from they’re other actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbayne View Post
    Man...does this make the quality and quantity of content I pay for improve?
    Depends on how much candy crush you play.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

If someone was gullible enough to think that this was actually in use, that is on them.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

If someone was gullible enough to think that this was actually in use, that is on them.
    Gullible? You think they were trying to “trick us” into thinking this was used?

LMFAO this shit is quite literally just a graph now. Most hilarious thing I have seen in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaile View Post
    This is the timeline:

1. Blizzard makes good games.
    2. Blizzard is overrun by creeps.
    3. Blizzard makes bad games.
    4. Blizzard tries to correct course.

Now, maybe you have a different understanding of how "time" works, but generally speaking it flows forward, not backward, so I'm struggling to understand why we should blame 3 on 4 rather than on 2.
    -ynnady

Instead of rerolling characters to get an 18 in Str or Dex now you reroll until you're a blind palestinian lesbian who studies engineering at community College and hates cats

"A Leap Forward "
    HONK HONK

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    While ya it’s damage control The dev’s them selfs have also said they don’t use it and have bemoaned the suits for pretending that they do.

This was nothing more then a distraction from they’re other actions.
    IMO, given the developers, it really wouldn't be that out-of-character for them to be using such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    This is not hard stuff if you spend any time offline, touching grass, not thinking about twitter and not desperately seeking woke bogeymen around every corner.

The original post sounded like a half hearted promo for a silly idea that seven people at Activision ever actually saw and would never go anywhere.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    There's a strange overlap of people offended by this tool's existence and those who are inclined to, unprompted, write paragraphs upon paragraphs about how persecuted straight white males are in this, God's year two-thousand-and-twenty-two.

IMO, given the developers, it really wouldn't be that out-of-character for them to be using such a thing.
    It's just a silly over-engineered solution to a problem. The absolute meltdown in response is hilarious.
    -ynnady