Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Fucking barf... 100% no thank you. Stop it with the bullshit inclusion shit. It only hurts the game and makes people not want to play. People want to be separated by skill, not by other factors.

I'm fine with anyone saying something racist or misogynistic getting instantly banned but just stop it there. The problem will correct itself from that point forward. Punish the people who are the problem, don't punish everyone because of a couple of bad apples. When you pay $30-$60 for a game and get banned for being a dickhead, you will think twice before you have to spend another $30-$60 again. And if the game is free to play, follow the same rules. These people that they're hunting, won't be able to contain themselves. They will always fuck up.

But in reality, this is political correctness going too far. When the truth is now offensive, you need to wake the fuck up and stop being so delusional.
    Which "truth" is offensive?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    This isn't what we meant by rework racials
    I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Instead of rerolling characters to get an 18 in Str or Dex now you reroll until you're a blind palestinian lesbian who studies engineering at community College and hates cats
    Even better.

Some real gems here lol, ngl
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    And you are lecturing me on "distinction without a difference"?

If I say "They care about X, because X is good for business" what the fuck do you think I mean besides "They care about X because it makes them money"?
    It is a difference in the conversation that me and that other poster was having. He was asking me if a company like blizzard actually have a shit about diversity given their actions in the business place so I was responding to him about how none of them do.

If you butted into that conversation and just wanted to point out that companies care about it because it makes them money, then yeah that basically just means you’re intentionally saying irrelevant nonsense just to say it.

We weren’t discussing whether it’s good for their business we were discussing about how they actually don’t fundamentally care about diversity.

If you can’t keep up with context then just stay away from conversations that aren’t directly addressed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    It is a difference in the conversation that me and that other poster was having. He was asking me if a company like blizzard actually have a shit about diversity given their actions in the business place so I was responding to him about how none of them do.

If you butted into that conversation and just wanted to point out that companies care about it because it makes them money, then yeah that basically just means you’re intentionally saying irrelevant nonsense just to say it.

We weren’t discussing whether it’s good for their business we were discussing about how they actually don’t fundamentally care about diversity.

If you can’t keep up with context then just stay away from conversations that aren’t directly addressed to you.
    Don't respond directly to me if you are trying to carry on a conversation with someone else.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Clearly this tool has its own biases coded into it.
    Every tool does, but does it counter more bias than it incorporates? That's to be seen. Not by any means sayings it's perfect, I imagine it needs a LOT more refinement.

"At the time, this idea existed as an intangible philosophy, but the potential was obvious."

If you want to consider "intangible philosophy" to be the same as developing a specific program, sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Lots of companies give a shit about diversity in that diversity is good for business almost universally.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the word I want is "progress". Making things better is definitionally good.
    Are things better?

How do you measure that? Now I'm willing to admit the last hail merry of doomed media is to scream diversity so I won't harp on that.

The changes brought about by this fad are simply changes so far. They haven't improved things in a noticable way beyond perhaps restricting speech .

We are the first generation in a very long time that believes it acceptable to end professional careers over swearing. Not the old swears like fuck,shit but the new ones.

Change is change nothing positive nor negative alone.

Don't respond directly to me if you are trying to carry on a conversation with someone else.
    You literally quoted me on a conversation I was having? What are you actually talking about?

I’m just suppose to assume if you jump in on a topic that you are going to take it completely out of context? LOL what world do you live you dude.

Guy 1: yeah so I really think cars are faster than bikes for sure

Guy 2: for sure cars are def faster

Guy 3: cars aren’t the fastest, planes are why would you say that

Guy 2: that isn’t what we were talking about…

Guy 3: don’t respond to me then

What schizophrenic world do you live in

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    can you point to any modern game or development that actually uses that Mindset and try’s to break every one up into numbers or is this just the “game has woman/minority lead so is woke” nonesense?
    The Ardenweald thing in the very post you quoted. When I say "That mindset", I mean the "More diversity = more better" mindset, which the Diversity Space Tool is merely a potential logical conclusion of. Are there any companies that use this model, specifically? If Blizzard is to be believed in their assertion that it wasn't used, then likely no, given that it appears that it was developed cooperatively between King and MIT. And at this point, even if it did get picked up by a company in the future, they'd likely not admit to it, unless it was normalized to a certain degree.

A woman/minority lead in a game does not automatically mean "woke". However, if a lead is chosen in some degree to subvert "Straight, white male as a norm" (which can be inferred to a degree by a creator's personal politics), then it's not irrational to have reasonable suspicion of political motivation. While not inherently a bad thing, some people will invariably turn their noses up at it, whether as a result of inherent disagreement with the politics in question, out of desire for the hobby to be a form of escapism from the woes of the real world, or some combination thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Are things better?

How do you measure that? Now I'm willing to admit the last hail merry of doomed media is to scream diversity so I won't harp on that.
    It depends on your personal metrics of "better". If we're talking purely in terms of a company's bottom line, then you can point to diversity-pushing companies being the largest ones out there, and therefore are "more successful". Whether or not this is purely due to diversity, or at least in part a result of other factors, could be argued. Though if a company's big enough, they're most likely going to need at least somewhat of a diverse workforce just due to pure numbers of qualified employees. If you're talking quality of product, that's even more subjective, and one I'd take issue with, particularly within gaming.

We are the first generation in a very long time that believes it acceptable to end professional careers over swearing. Not the old swears like fuck,shit but the new ones.
    Sharply disagree with this one. It's just more noticeable now due to social media's omnipresence.
    Last edited by Chilela; 2022-05-16 at 08:39 PM.

Are things better?

The changes brought about by this fad are simply changes so far. They haven't improved things in a noticable way beyond perhaps restricting speech .

Change is change nothing positive nor negative alone.
    Fifty years ago, sexual harassment was the allowed norm in offices. Now it isn't. If you have trouble stating that that is a good thing, it certainly explains why this stuff upsets you so much (you have no moral center).

- - - Updated - - -

You literally quoted me on a conversation I was having? What are you actually talking about?

I’m just suppose to assume if you jump in on a topic that you are going to take it completely out of context? LOL what world do you live you dude.

Guy 1: yeah so I really think cars are faster than bikes for sure

Guy 2: for sure cars are def faster

Guy 3: cars aren’t the fastest, planes are why would you say that

Guy 2: that isn’t what we were talking about…

Guy 3: don’t respond to me then

What schizophrenic world do you live in
    I said that companies like diversity because it makes them money. You "corrected" me that companies like diversity because it makes them money.
    -ynnady

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    And you are lecturing me on "distinction without a difference"?

If I say "They care about X, because X is good for business" what the fuck do you think I mean besides "They care about X because it makes them money"?

- - - Updated - - -

Well for one thing, this has nothing to do with hiring anyone so you look like a weirdo rambling about that in this thread.
    Ah just assumed it was some tool to measure their companies employee diversity. But thanks for the reply sport have a good day.

I said that companies like diversity because it makes them money. You "corrected" me that companies like diversity because it makes them money.
    I corrected you by saying they don’t actually care about it on a fundamental level outside of profits because that was literally the conversation we were having that you butted into.

This tool should be called the Shit-O-Matic 9000

I corrected you by saying they don’t actually care about it on a fundamental level outside of profits because that was literally the conversation we were having that you butted into.
    I didn't say they cared about it at a fundamental level. I said they care about it when its good for business. I'm sorry that you are so quick to condescend and correct people that you didn't bother to read what I said before condescending, but doubling down is weird.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by ResentfulUK View Post
    Every tool does, but does it counter more bias than it incorporates? That's to be seen. Not by any means sayings it's perfect, I imagine it needs a LOT more refinement.
    Well given those two examples I think its pretty obvious that it has more bias than it counters. I don't even want to get into the can of worms of how they have a Brazilian and Russian given points for culture while the Swedish dude doesn't get any.

Fifty years ago, sexual harassment was the allowed norm in offices. Now it isn't. If you have trouble stating that that is a good thing, it certainly explains why this stuff upsets you so much (you have no moral center).

- - - Updated - - -

What offices?

It feels like you are using office sitcoms to make your point now.

Call me ignorant but grabbing a womans ass in the 70s screaming " give me dat ass" likely would get your ass kicked back then.

This is some phrenology level garbage right here

I didn't say they cared about it at a fundamental level. I said they care about it when its good for business. I'm sorry that you are so quick to condescend and correct people that you didn't bother to read what I said before condescending, but doubling down is weird.
    I absolutely love that you are so eager to fight with people, you are even fighting with people for agreeing with you, but not in EXACTLY the way you would like them to have agreed with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

What offices?

It feels like you are using office sitcoms to make your point now.

Call me ignorant but grabbing a womans ass in the 70s screaming " give me dat ass" likely would get your ass kicked back then.
    Do you truly believe that?

Wow, yikes, this is some crazy stuff right here. Like, is this a Rick and Morty episode?

Edit: I will add 1 thing that makes this kinda crazy. In the past, people could make good games they wanted to make. Now, they have to make games only that fit this tool? How is that opening up expression for anyone or expanding what is possible in gaming? Isn't this instead, limiting gaming to strictly characters that follow this flawed algorithms hierarchy? Won't this...clearly...make games more the same and not more different?

The only thing this DOES do is protect the company from backlash from groups that feel under-represented. IMO, It PROTECTS THE COMPANY, first and foremost, at the cost of ubiquitous game development.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-16 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Hate to break it to you but your echo-chamber doesn't count ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Also conservatives are a minority in the U.S. but don't let facts get in the way of your feelings mate.
    So are Democrats- and you can get used to that. Btw, i'm an independent. But funny how you think that because someone doesn't agree with your minority left wing world views...that they suddenly get labeled as "right winger" or "conservative". Get out of YOUR echo chamber of wokeness. The world doesn't want what you are trying to force on it.