Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think it's pretty silly that the people losing their minds over this are the people claiming woke, libtard, leftist, yadda yadda buzzwords are coming to take over their games by putting in a bunch of... whoevers... in, where such a system would really come off more insulting to the underepresented groups this supposedly "helps" by reducing them down into a metric that they just have to hit *enough* of so they can go back to putting sexy blonde ladies and gigachad white guys in the game, as the creation of such a chart implies that the game developers actually want to do.

I find it most interesting that they apprently verified that Zarya is straight. Who'da thought. And Moira is apparently... kinda gay? I don't know if I'm reading the second chart correctly.

Of course, looking beyond the barest reading of this article would reveal that 1) this is King games, not Blizzard specifically and 2) it was never even used in the development of Overwatch, and I see no reason to believe it would start now.

But keep overreacting, people, about how this is a portent of the downfall of western civilization and the castrating of males because the made-up pixel characters in a shoot-em-up game have their gameplay-removed backstories saying a thing you don't like.
    I mean you are talking to the people who cannot understand your post, the hillbillies. Besides them, if you're addressing the people who can think, this is still a problem. I get it they're looking at it from a developer standpoint using metrics to ensure they don't under represent since they design such a wide variety of things. The real problem here is the impression they are giving by doing this. Even if their intentions are good, it does not look good at all when done this way

If you're thinking that they don't plan on using it, why would the company promote it in their communications channels?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    So the fact that outliers exist proves right? I believe your logic is flawed.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Proves WHAT right? The fact that you can't always tell? Yeah I guess so, pretty much by definition. If there's cases where you can't tell, then "I can always tell" is proven wrong. The fact that you simply say that the exceptions don't matter doesn't solve the issue, it only sidesteps it.

Hence my analogy with predicting the future - if you categorically exclude the misses, you're not really making a statement of any predictive value. OF COURSE your hit rate becomes 100% if you say from the start that the misses simply don't count. That's baked into your statement from the get-go. And that's why it's pretty much useless to argue that way, because this issue is all about the misses.

Had a good laugh atleast.
    Do you hear the voices too?

So who's allowed to be written as the first guy to crap his pants?

10+ Year Old Account
    2022, the year where fun is measured in diversity.
    Last edited by Lord Pebbleton; 2022-05-17 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    2022, the year where fun is measured in diversity. Thank the gods I'm not American!
    King is a Swedish company and they created the tool in the first place. Sorry to break it to you, but Europe is not much better off.

I am outraged that the company is called King, clearly propagating toxic patriarchy and ruling over those less worthy. I demand it be named to Queen or Queer!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    King is a Swedish company and they created the tool in the first place. Sorry to break it to you, but Europe is not much better off.
    Sweden is the worst place when it comes to gender-related madness.
    Everything here is allowed and all kind of clowns get the spotlight.

I'd say Europe has a wide mix of diversity policies. THere are places were diversity policies might be pushing too hard and quite a few were diversity policies are non-existent or not not enforced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Sweden is the worst place when it comes to gender-related madness.
    Everything here is allowed and all kind of clowns get the spotlight.
    As a Swede myself, I can confirm. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd say Europe has a wide mix of diversity policies. THere are places were diversity policies might be pushing too hard and quite a few were diversity policies are non-existent or not not enforced.
    Sure. Europe is certainly more diverse on the political and cultural spectrum than the United States. I was just stating that the tool was created by a European company, so it's not like it is a US only thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang nabbit!

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    More importantly, how the fuck is Zarya straight? There's no shot. There is no chance. Not a CHANCE she doesn't even KINDA like the ladies.

Not even stereotyping her looks and saying that she looks like a lesbian, I mean it in the sense that it would be a legitimate crime against females attracted to other females everywhere if she didn't dabble with the ladies. My wife is pansexual, and Zarya is 100% on her list of video game characters who are attractive.
    Damn I really hope you dont own any pets.

Guess who well never be blamed or even sued again for "woky" reasons. Guess who will also make video games that no one will be interested in.

As a Swede myself, I can confirm. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. Europe is certainly more diverse on the political and cultural spectrum than the United States. I was just stating that the tool was created by a European company, so it's not like it is a US only thing.
    No its a Swedish company. Europe is a continent not a country. Sweden is way above the average in EU when it comes to being far left.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    Tbf, this seems like it is designed to get rid of any of the racist stuff the old team put in that went unnoticed for a long time.

Such as the original Worgans being en-slaved, darker in color and drop chicken and watermelons.
    What? You mean the race with the highly offensive “English” accent?

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Guess who well never be blamed or even sued again for "woky" reasons. Guess who will also make video games that no one will be interested in.
    Sexual harassment to the point that there is a suicide in the company is not really "woky" reasons.

Why are you guys replying to posters that have "California" as their location? What exactly do you expect to get as an answer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    No its a Swedish company. Europe is a continent not a country. Sweden is way above the average in EU when it comes to being far left.
    Sweden is a European country. Ergo, King is a European company. It is also a Swedish company. Being one thing does not exclude it from being the other.

We're not the only European country with left leaning politics. I don't disagree though that we're on the farther left side of the spectrum.

There is such a thing as creating shit tailored for foreign markets, though. I'm not saying that we don't have our fair share of bs here in Europe, but just because something was made in a market doesn't necessarily mean it's meant for said market.

Sweden is a European country. Ergo, King is a European company. It is also a Swedish company. Being one thing does not exclude it from being the other.

We're not the only European country with left leaning politics. I don't disagree though that we're on the farther left side of the spectrum.
    There is no such thing as a european company. King doesnt span the entirety of europe its centered in sweden.

You might aswell argue that King is an earth company for whatever merit you think that gives it. Its irrelevant.

The reason for my coutner argument is that saying its an european company somehow links it with all of EU's countries but it has nothing to do with Denmark for example. Its just as much an american company as a danish company.