Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yes, they're saying Clinton did not "run off her voters", and that her voters were thinking people who were capable of making their own decisions and thus bear full responsibility for the weight of those decisions.

Stop pretending your hand was forced and you didn't have a choice. You did. And you made that choice. And that means you bear responsibility for that choice.

You're the one who keeps bringing up Clinton, to deflect away from your responsibility for your own choices. If your vote contributed to Trump winning in 2016, even by omission, you share some responsibility for that outcome. Without reference to Clinton at all.
    Just pointing out it wasn't him that brought up the Clinton/sanders issue in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    "But think of the poor future generations!"

Hellow, past generation here, from 2016 and 2000.
    • We saw this as a problem waaay back then.
    • People refused to listen, they put their pet issues ahead of this.
    • Your vote is not a fucking commodity that your trade or put up for sale.

Look at Russ Feingold, his name is on the previous legislation that tried to address unlimited campaign finance bullshit.
    • Well certain assholes sat out 2000, or voted Nader. This would lead to a ROberts Court that would end up gutting McCain-Feingold Act.
    • Other certain assholes sat out 2010, Ron Johnson replaces Feingold.

Just saying there's a lot of object lessons in the near past. If you're offended by people bring up the past, ya you're part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    So, SCOTUS basically just said "corruption? That's fine"?

This is my shocked face right now:
    Pretty much…
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Why aren't there strict spending limits? Do these campaigns get audited?

On my YouTube suggestions was a Fox News vid with Ted Cruz shit eating smile about this. I could only imagine this bleep hole's smug comments.

But hey for some reason our public, who hates politicians getting money is fine with this. This seems a strong bipartisan issue, yet it shows how manipulated or ignorant people just want to become when voting to fix the issue.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Clinton is history....move forward, not backwards.
    It's not about clinton. It's about voting like a responsible citizen. There's no reason to coddle deluded people who think not voting/protest voting in US elections is a viable strategy with no real consequences. If you don't vote or make protest votes, you're half as despicable as GOP voters, and you're responsible for the results of the elections you made those votes in. If that person wants to move on from this, they can take responsibility, instead of blaming other people for their choices. Learn from their past mistake.

This ruling that effectively allows bribery? Partially OP's fault. Any bitching about this by them gives a bad taste in the mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Or. Or. She supported legitimately terrible things. Like bombing even more children. The amount of hand wringing about Bernie bros smh. And you wonder why Democrats keep chasing off people who would otherwise vote for them.
    For people like you supporting terrible things seems to be a positive.

Your hand wringing about Hillary rings hollow as you happily cheerlead a man who enacted literal government sanctioned kid napping and had to regularly be told things like maybe it's not a great idea to shoot missiles into Mexico.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the Left. The Right shoots a layup and the Left immediately turns on itself.

But how could this happen???

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It's not about clinton. It's about voting like a responsible citizen. There's no reason to coddle deluded people who think not voting/protest voting in US elections is a viable strategy with no real consequences. If you don't vote or make protest votes, you're half as despicable as GOP voters, and you're responsible for the results of the elections you made those votes in. If that person wants to move on from this, they can take responsibility, instead of blaming other people for their choices. Learn from their past mistake.

This ruling that effectively allows bribery? Partially OP's fault. Any bitching about this by them gives a bad taste in the mouth.
    Not my fault, try again. Really hoping those in power don’t make the same screw up you are here or we might end up with a repeat of this.

Not trying to respond but had to on this one with your fucked in the head take that it was my fault that Trump got elected instead of blaming Clinton and her actions and pretending that we all should bow our heads and fall in line even after they spit in our face like she did with her actions.

You can have as bad a taste in your mouth as you like but it still won’t change the fact that Clinton ran her voters off and that she acted like she was owed the votes and that it wasn’t my job to chase her down to support her.

But as I said, on behalf of the voter base, I will take the 3% blame that belongs to the voters. But over 50% of that blame still belongs squarely at the feet of Clinton and 70%+ belongs at the combine feet of Clinton and the DNC.
    @PACOX

This is how those on the left eat themselves.

Person A: Look at this messed up stuff.

Person B: Yeah, because you didn’t bow your head like you were supposed to.

Person A: It wasn’t my job to bow my head and they shouldn’t have been so backhanded to my section of the voter base. Wouldn’t that be the politicians fault for screwing around with their voters?

Person B: What they did isn’t as important and you should have just ignored it and voted for them anyways! This is YOUR fault!

Person A: But if they had been more respectful of this portion of the voters they would have stayed and voted even if they didn’t agree with them, how is it my fault they didn’t do that?

Person B: They don’t need to show their voters respect, even if they disrespect you, you shouldn’t care and should just support them anyways! You didn’t have a choice, you either voted for them or we end up here!

Person A: But what about their actions in this?

Person B: Doesn’t matter.

Also….

Person B: The conservatives know that if they came out against racism and actually took steps to address it they would lose a good portion of support and their voters would stay home. *without a hint of irony that this statement supports the notion that it was the politician running the voters off and would be the reason they lost support in this issue while also giving their own candidates a pass on that same logic*

Now, let’s drop Clinton and get back to actually addressing the issues. If you really want to talk about Clinton throwing that election make a separate thread.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Now, let’s drop Clinton and get back to actually addressing the issues. If you really want to talk about Clinton throwing that election make a separate thread.
    It's not about clinton. It's about voting like a responsible citizen.
    Quit dodging responsibility. You're 1/2 as responsible as a GOP voter. I don't buy this 3% crap. ;
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

@Fugus you really should shut up like you keep teasing us with. You just keep making yourself look more terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    @Fugus you really should shut up like you keep teasing us with. You just keep making yourself look more terrible.
    Nah, I don’t see it that way, to me you guys just keep making yourselves seem just sad.

And if you don’t want to have the talks, stop bringing it up.

You can blame slacker76 on this one.

While I used to think tehdang was bad for derailing threads, you guys took it to an art form all to protect Clinton from accountability on this issue when she isn’t even here.

Even have the guy saying the DNC voters she ran off were half as responsible as the Trump voters who actively voted for the screwed up stuff.

Like I said before, if you want to talk about how Clinton threw her election, you can make another thread about it, but derailing others repeatedly won’t change the fact that she lost and it’s her own fault for running voters off.

If you noticed, we are on page 3 of this where Slacker derailed the entire thing almost from the start just so he could blame voters and you guys jumped on the bandwagon. This entire thread has been nothing but white knights doing what they do best.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Rozz

They managed to turn this entire thread about something important into a referendum on Hillary Clinton’s loss again.

Can we start cracking down on people derailing threads with “if you only voted Clinton” as a response, especially as it ignores the entire lead up to that event.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-05-17 at 08:07 PM.

The issue wouldnt be there at least in the short term if a republican wasnt elected president to further skew the SC to their favor, so it is not entirely off topic to say "people that say screw you because you hurt my feelins" in 2016 contributed to the issue they are horrified by

maybe your feeling is hurt again, but oh well

- - - Updated - - -

Quit dodging responsibility. You're 1/2 as responsible as a GOP voter. I don't buy this 3% crap. ;
    not 1/2, 1 if he just didnt vote. would be twice if he flipped from one side to another

Nah, I don’t see it that way, to me you guys just keep making yourselves seem just sad.

And if you don’t want to have the talks, stop bringing it up.

You can blame slacker76 on this one.

While I used to think tehdang was bad for derailing threads, you guys took it to an art form all to protect Clinton from accountability on this issue when she isn’t even here.

Even have the guy saying the DNC voters she ran off were half as responsible as the Trump voters who actively voted for the screwed up stuff.

Like I said before, if you want to talk about how Clinton threw her election, you can make another thread about it, but derailing others repeatedly won’t change the fact that she lost and it’s her own fault for running voters off.

If you noticed, we are on page 3 of this where Slacker derailed the entire thing almost from the start just so he could blame voters and you guys jumped on the bandwagon. This entire thread has been nothing but white knights doing what they do best.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Rozz

They managed to turn this entire thread about something important into a referendum on Hillary Clinton’s loss again.

Can we start cracking down on people derailing threads with “if you only voted Clinton” as a response, especially as it ignores the entire lead up to that event.
    You continue to be the derail. Be the change you want lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is the only warning for this thread to stay on topic or it will be closed. Take your personal spats elsewhere, stay civil, and use reports.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You continue to be the derail. Be the change you want lol.
    lol, pot meet kettle. I am actually having fun with this too if you haven't noticed. But you guys are showing how tehdang repeatedly kicks your butts up and down these threads with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    This is the only warning for this thread to stay on topic or it will be closed. Take your personal spats elsewhere, stay civil, and use reports.
    Finally, understood sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    sip.
    Two things.

Most of the smears you are talking about were never effective outside the Republican party and outside the occasional "enlightened centrist".

I'm a "Bernie bro" (if by Bernie bro you're describing any democratic voter left of center who dislikes corporate democrats). I voted for Hillary in 2016 and I voted for Biden in 2020.

Both times I threw up in my mouth a little, but I sure as shit wasn't going to vote for a Republican or increase the odds of a Republican or Trump in 2020 by not voting.

If by Bernie bro you mean leftie who was mobilized by the Bernie wave, lost interest after Bernie lost the primaries and refused to vote in the general elections, there you are talking about an entirely different problem the Democratic party and the Left in general has.

One problem is that institutional centrists that present themselves as institutional centrists, tend not to be very exciting. So the superficial disgruntled voter who generally might agree with them, and who was caught up in the radical hypewave of Bernie or whatnot will not be very interested in them, on the contrary might even be hostile to them.

And let's be honest...Neither Clinton or Biden for that matter are what I'd describe as charismatic firebrands.

Here you bump into a greater political literacy problem. A whole lot of these people don't understand the consequences of not voting for a bland boring centrist, and how not voting for that bland boring centrist will open the door to literal lunatics and theocratic fascists.

The other greater problem the left itself has, is how accelerationism tends to catch on when the left doesn't get what it wants. This whole idea of "it makes no difference, let the thing burn to the ground, we will build back better after". Here political illiteracy kicks in again. People don't quite grasp the implications and the human cost of "burning it to the ground".

I will never fucking like Clinton or Biden. We are just not on the same page politically. But politics is a spectrum (and what a spectrum it is considering that theoretically Bernie and Manchin caucus together in the Senate), and on that spectrum I'm infinitely closer to either of them than I'd ever be to the most milquetoast self identified Republican. So I will always vote for whatever is closest to me on the spectrum, even if it triggers my gag reflex.

A whole lot, majority, of Bernie bros have went out and voted for Biden and Clinton. So trying to blame them as a collective for this SCOTUS is a bit of a stretch.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2022-05-18 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    For people like you supporting terrible things seems to be a positive.

Your hand wringing about Hillary rings hollow as you happily cheerlead a man who enacted literal government sanctioned kid napping and had to regularly be told things like maybe it's not a great idea to shoot missiles into Mexico.
    As opposed to a guy who literally blew up an entire family. War is bad m’kay? I make no apologies for opposing it.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    As opposed to a guy who literally blew up an entire family. War is bad m’kay? I make no apologies for opposing it.
    This certainly says a lot.

You keep trying to hold Clinton to a lower standard than we hold Democrats, so you can hang that up.

When it comes to Republicans, we have talked plenty of times over the years about how if a Republican comes out against racism or bigotry in any real way that they will snub their voters and run them off. Those voters are monsters who deserved to be snubbed and ran off but you openly admit that doing that isn't the fault of the voter who refused to vote for them, it would be on the politician for turning their back on those monstrous voters.

Stop holding Clinton to a lower standard than even that. Her actions ran her voters off, her actions ran off my vote. Not Trump, not the GOP, not Russia, not Sanders, Clinton's actions personally.

Unless you are saying that Clinton had zero part in this:
    https://fortune.com/2016/07/24/wasse...nton-campaign/

Because that was the final straw for me.

So, said it before, can said it again. No amount of white knighting for Clinton will have her fuck you any harder than she did in 2016, so stop trying. It won't change the results of that election but making the mistake she made may very well cost future elections if they try and repeat it hoping for a different outcome.
    I think the point hes making is that Americans insist on voting for a person instead of voting for their policies.

The republicans dont vote on policies either though, they’re just supporting their team. Still gives them a more reliable voter base though, and that’s a problem.