Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yea..it's also been noted that the speed of light begins to slow down after a certain distance. ...not that it's really all that big of a deal for anyone but an astrophysicist
    Eh is this another gotcha? The speed of light in vacuum (and interstellar space is pretty close to that) is by definition fixed at 299 792 458m/s.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Eh is this another gotcha? The speed of light in vacuum (and interstellar space is pretty close to that) is by definition fixed at 299 792 458m/s.
    No gotcha. Just something I read a while back. My earlier interest in physics makes me focus on that sort of thing. A more recent link

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    No gotcha. Just something I read a while back. My earlier interest in physics makes me focus on that sort of thing. A more recent link
    Unproven hypothesis by an extreme minority of physicists. Not something that should be presented as a given.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Unproven hypothesis by an extreme minority of physicists. Not something that should be presented as a given.
    I scrutinized what they were doing. But yeah. Point taken.

Speed of light should be renamed to Speed of causality.

Any massless particle goes at c by definition, they HAVE to go that speed. Physics and Quantum mechanics be weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Then why didn't you correct me when I said carbon has a covalence of 6? It's 4. I'm displaying my ignorance for all to see here and it all just flies under the radar somehow.
    Why didn't I correct you? Because I'm used to people being wrong about basic things, and it has no bearing on the broader argument. I also barely read your posts because they're painful to read. There's no point in intentionally making mistakes. I'll just think you're an idiot.

BTW, carbon isn't the only molecule that can form infinite chains with itself. Instead of making baseless assertions, how about you actually reference something? You're the one making the assertions. Back them up with something besides stuff taken directly out of your asshole?

Also, stop being chickenshit and quote me. Stop ducking a response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..