Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Mechagnomes are a disgusting race that voluntarily damaged and ruined their bodies aesthetically. What an ugly existence.

  2. #42
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,619
    Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post
    I just wanted actual mechagnomes, the little robot guys we met in Northrend. They could have said Mimiron wanted a clearer picture of what was happening in the world and sent his guys out to get involved in things. They were the first thing I thought of when they announced allied races and I was quite disappointed when not only did we get mechagon gnomes instead but they even stole their name, it's almost completely out of the question now.
    Story-wise, the actual titan-constructed Mechagnomes would be harder to explain, as only a fraction avoided the curse of flesh. And now, the playable race is basically about returning to the past. As well, their creator is by lore, of a diminishing mind after having been attacked, hence his body being a giant Mechagnome, so we wouldn't even know if he would still be capable of it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Mechagnomes are a disgusting race that voluntarily damaged and ruined their bodies aesthetically. What an ugly existence.
    Well. They wished to return to the past, what gnomes used to be?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  3. #43
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Mechagnomes wouldn't make sense on Horde unless it was the Titan creations and not the Mecha-conversion Gnomes that we got. As well, I don't mind Vulpera on Horde, they are basically the core of Horde belief.
    Mechagnomes don't have much to do with the alliance ones really. Should have had them join the horde.

  4. #44
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    This kind of equity is one of the things that makes wow's story dull though. If horde and alliance are always even, no side truly loses or wins, and races have nothing that happens to them that exits the status quo, then the story becomes way too boring.
    Yeah. It is too dull an idea of equalizing everything. Besides, with Turalyon on the throne, there is a larger chance of a split if Anduin does not return.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Void elves?



    Broken have used the Tauren skeleton since they were first introduced. They'd just need to improve their current model and make a female one.

    That said, I don't know if "deformed draenei" would go over much better than mechagnomes.
    I think it would, almost no one like gnomes.. mechagnomes altho they are called diaper gnomes just wasnt what the niche fans of those were expecting or wanted.
    Broken from argus just looked cooler in general.

  6. #46
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Mechagnomes don't have much to do with the alliance ones really. Should have had them join the horde.
    But they do? Just as much as the Dark Iron, not much, but enough. They are Gnomes, Dark Iron are Dwarves, both diverted from their cousins to then unite later on with them. Saying Mechagnomes should be Horde is like saying Dark Iron Dwarves should be Horde, and Lightforged Draenei, all three had nothing to do with the Alliance until later, and all three have cooperated with Horde and Alliance.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Story-wise, the actual titan-constructed Mechagnomes would be harder to explain, as only a fraction avoided the curse of flesh. And now, the playable race is basically about returning to the past. As well, their creator is by lore, of a diminishing mind after having been attacked, hence his body being a giant Mechagnome, so we wouldn't even know if he would still be capable of it.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Well. They wished to return to the past, what gnomes used to be?
    Soulless machines? Literal robots?

    That's a preferable existence compared to fleshy, free creatures capable of individual thought?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What about them?
    You really think Void elves aren't popular?

  8. #48
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Soulless machines? Literal robots?

    That's a preferable existence compared to fleshy, free creatures capable of individual thought?
    Some hold the belief that being the mechanical being like their ancestors and their maker, is peak efficiency. A bit like how some act in life.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Amariw View Post
    This kind of equity is one of the things that makes wow's story dull though. If horde and alliance are always even, no side truly loses or wins, and races have nothing that happens to them that exits the status quo, then the story becomes way too boring.
    This is an MMORPG. It's kind of impossible for one side to win. This isn't like the RTS games where you can wipe the other side off the map.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I think it would, almost no one like gnomes.. mechagnomes altho they are called diaper gnomes just wasnt what the niche fans of those were expecting or wanted.
    Broken from argus just looked cooler in general.
    Exactly, even Broken would have had a Warner reception.

    One interesting possibility would have been original eredar resurfacing with the defeat of the Legion. (Man'ari are demon corupted variant and Draenei are light steroids Variant) that look like Velen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

  11. #51
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But they do? Just as much as the Dark Iron, not much, but enough. They are Gnomes, Dark Iron are Dwarves, both diverted from their cousins to then unite later on with them. Saying Mechagnomes should be Horde is like saying Dark Iron Dwarves should be Horde, and Lightforged Draenei, all three had nothing to do with the Alliance until later, and all three have cooperated with Horde and Alliance.
    Ok so what? Not all humans are in the alliance and not all orcs are in the horde. It would have been easy for the writers to show the goblins being "nicer" to the mechagnomes.

  12. #52
    Bloodsail Admiral bloodkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    in your mind
    Posts
    1,123
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    *void elves are a disgusting race that voluntarily damaged and ruined their bodies aesthetically. What an ugly existence.
    Fixed that for you. Failed attempt to bring in true high elves to the alliance and only fit for edgelords and emos.

    Mechagnomes are to the same extent a failure to make tech relevant vs magical races. It's a miniscule niche at best with an incredibly small playerbase. This goes for all Allied races and doesn't bode well for the new race/class evoker.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

    'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

  13. #53
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,619
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Ok so what? Not all humans are in the alliance and not all orcs are in the horde. It would have been easy for the writers to show the goblins being "nicer" to the mechagnomes.
    No, not all humans are Alliance, but none are Horde. Not all Orcs are Horde, but none are Alliance. Goblins being nicer to Gnomes than actual Gnomes? Yeah, that is highly unlikely.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    Mechagnomes are to the same extent a failure to make tech relevant vs magical races. It's a miniscule niche at best with an incredibly small playerbase. This goes for all Allied races and doesn't bode well for the new race/class evoker.
    Except, the new race isn't an allied race? It'll receive flack mostly due to people being weirded out by anthropomorphic creations of late, but not of the past, oddly enough.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  14. #54
    I would've preferred the broken added to alliance. The actual mechagnomes (the WotLK ones) would've been cool too. The ones we got could've just been a Jewelry option for the standard gnomes with maybe a night warrior style quest to go with it.

  15. #55
    I actually wanted mechagnomes for a while.

    Except what I wanted were Mimiron style fully metallic gnomes, not these diapered abominations we ended up with that can't transmog legs, belts, gloves and boots for whatever reason.

    They only look good in their heritage armor, and that's only if you have matching gold customizations. Ironically because their heritage armor is the robotic mechagnomes we should've gotten in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •