Worth starting into WotLK?

Hey guys, I have played tbc last like a year ago and was thinking to start again. Sunwell is out that was right?
    Is it worth playing again? I have a tank paladin with a little T4 gear and quite a bit of gold left. So I could do some Gdkp runs maybe, does anyone know the average price? It depends of the players in the raid and the server I know that much, but maybe someone has like an average price for an item?
    Is it a good time to "start", its not really starting since Im already max level or do you guys think its enough time left to start anew?

And yes I know Gdkp seems bad for some players, but I really dont have the time to raid, maybe 10 to 15 hours a Week over the 7 days. And maybe I can cut a few more hours for weekend if there is a Gdkp run, but no time for weekly raiding sadly.

Thanks in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to gear, you better bring tens of thousands of gold. T6 tokens go for maybe 5-10k each, and weapons and trinkets, much, much more. Huge numbers.

But personally, I think this patch is garbage, wait for prepatch, not worth your subscription atm tbh.

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-05-20 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Forbidden Topics

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    --- snip ---
    "All classic fans" is an exaggeration. There's still lots of people playing Classic.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-05-20 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyburna View Post
    Hey guys, I have played tbc last like a year ago and was thinking to start again. Sunwell is out that was right?
    Is it worth playing again? I have a tank paladin with a little T4 gear and quite a bit of gold left. So I could do some Gdkp runs maybe, does anyone know the average price? It depends of the players in the raid and the server I know that much, but maybe someone has like an average price for an item?
    Is it a good time to "start", its not really starting since Im already max level or do you guys think its enough time left to start anew?

And yes I know Gdkp seems bad for some players, but I really dont have the time to raid, maybe 10 to 15 hours a Week over the 7 days. And maybe I can cut a few more hours for weekend if there is a Gdkp run, but no time for weekly raiding sadly.

Thanks in advance
    If your goal is WotLK, then you shouldn't care about upgrading gear, much less spending resources on paid runs. Starting dungeon loot in LK is on par with T5 gear; most T6 gear will be replaced by non-heroic level 80 dungeon gear.

Thanks in advance
    Be on a busy server. Farm those badges. Gear will be fine for leveling in WotLK. Or don't bother. Gear will still be fine for WotLK even if it will be casual unfriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    --- snip ---
    Riiiiiiggght, much better to play on bugged servers where you can buy unobtainable shit and gear from a shop. Much better than blizzard's practices.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks in advance
    Prices really are on an individual basis, depending on what people in the raid need and how much they're willing to spend. For example did a GDKP Hyjal this morning and the highest a token went for was 3.5k with many items left without a buyer even.
    If you already have some nice gold, it's a good start ... after that you can gather it back by going in as a pumper, though time is running short .. think we're looking at 4.5 months or so before pre-patch, so might not be worth investing into gearing up (unless you want to experience the tbc raids that is), might be better invested into an alt or something.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-05-20 at 03:18 AM.

If you enjoy TBC, sure thing, go ahead.

If it's mostly Wotlk you're in for, then farming TBC now is hardly necessary, raids will be staggered for one week anyway and that will give you plenty of time to farm heroics.
    And heroic dungeon loot almost always beats SWP loot.

Getting back into the game now would give you time to farm gold, find a guild you like, make friends and get back into the swing of things.

You don't need to start now, but Wrath will come out in September / October and so if you think you'll enjoy TBC and want to take some time preparing for it why not come back now?

Will it be needed? No. But will you have a slightly easier time leveling in SWP / badge gear and with friends to help you? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gearing now is basically pointless. Unless you plan to come back and join a real raiding guild, anything you get now will be replaced within days of WotLK launching. Definitely don't spend all of your gold in GDKPs. Gold is MUCH more valuable than gear for WotLK.

Purpose of gearing in general is for the next patch, otherwise it's either mostly pointless or you're way too late. WotLK will nullify any relevant parts of your current BiS gear anyway (if not all? Don't remember any more whether there was some odd outliers usable in the first tier, which was.. well.. irrelevant anyway, so guess that's about that).
    Just for having fun? Never too late for classic, retail or whatever.

Thanks for all the replies. Makes sense that gearing is quite pointless right now, so I will focus und leveling a new alt and farming up professions and gold. Thank you guys

When is it ever about playing the game for enjoyment? All I ever hear from people is about only playing for gear and gold. Which sounds like a job, but without the connotation of earning actual money.