Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    The game is obviously at fault here.
    No, it's very much you and your hoarding obsession that's at fault.

The game sents unlooted items to your mailbox so you can retrieve it in case you couldn't loot it.
    Whether it be because you dcd, game crashed, got kicked, got locked out, your bags were full, etc.

You being mildly inconvenienced by it because of your hyper specific issue, doesn't make it a bad system.

Formerly known as Arafal

So, quick easy steps to make your life easier. Empty out some of your bag space. Get bigger bags. Empty out your bag space. Sell off stuff from your bank that you no longer need (xmog items stay in the appearance tab). Empty out your bag space. Buy void storage slots to put items in. Empty out your bag space.
    Then, you can loot everything with the handy dandy auto loot function on the Interface menu and then sell it off at the end of your run, or even during if you have the Mammoth, Yak, or Tallboy in an instance that lets you mount.

If you can not empty your bag space for some reason then you must learn to deal with your inconvenience of items being mailed to you as there is no way to prevent this from happening. The only other option is to ignore your Mail completely and let it auto delete after 30 days.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2022-05-19 at 05:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    It’s protection for players who for various reasons may not have been able to loot a boss
    I understand that, but I don't understand why you cannot turn off that protection. Even on my only alt, a Hunter I rarely play, I sometimes do some transmog runs for weapons my Rogue can use, and that hunter has clean bags, even when the items aren't stuck in my inventory, it's a pain to vendor hundreds of items.

The game has become so weird, it caters to incompetent people. The only people who have problems with this and NEED the protection are people with like 50 IQ who cannot handle loot OR unlucky people with bad internet. I'm sorry, but Blizzard shouldn't cater to either morons or the super unlucky.

I collected ALOT of collectibles over the years. I don't have room for consumeables anymore either. I sold some stuff, but still super full. Of course got the biggest bags in the game, both on me and in the bank, all full.

But I did sell some stuff, and completed some stuff, so now I actually increased it a little, to 15 spaces.

- - - Updated - - -

I have all teleports, ALOT of covenant items, and I kept ALL "toy like" items that take hundreds of bag spaces in bags+banks, like "Jaina's Locket" and similar stuff. I have nothing to sell, I value every item I have :O

- - - Updated - - -

The reason I don't loot em is cause I can't be arsed to spend so much time vendoring. It makes no difference if I loot stuff to my bags or take from mailbox really.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said, up to 15 free bag slots now, and I get maybe 500 items a week at least, it fills up fast.
    So. Your a hoarder who cant bother to get rid of 99% of your useless junk that you literally do not need. I can bet almost 100% of what you have in your bags are grays or not even worth collecting.

Stop complaining abour something that is your fault.

1. Delete all gear you do not need. The moment you loot them, they go to your appearance tab.

2. Delete all toys. Again they go to your toy tab.

3. Pets actually sell then or learn them

4. Whine less.
    Last edited by Utrrabbit; 2022-05-19 at 05:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No, it's very much you and your hoarding obsession that's at fault.

The game sents unlooted items to your mailbox so you can retrieve it in case you couldn't loot it.
    Whether it be because you dcd, game crashed, got kicked, got locked out, your bags were full, etc.

You being mildly inconvenienced by it because of your hyper specific issue, doesn't make it a bad system.

I just don't see a single downside of being able to toggle this on or off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    So. Your a hoarder who cant bother to get rid of 99% of your useless junk that you literally do not need. I can bet almost 100% of what you have in your bags are grays or not even worth collecting.

I already linked my inventory many times, https://imgur.com/a/9JK91ap it's not gray items, it's set items, tabards, orange items and vanity items etc, there is not a single item I would consider selling.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is 100% a you problem dude. I don't even want to think of the crap you keep in real life.

10+ Year Old Account

1. Delete all gear you do not need. The moment you loot them, they go to your appearance tab.

2. Delete all toys. Again they go to your toy tab.

3. Pets actually sell then or learn them

4. Whine less.

1. I collect them for nostalgic reasons, old gear that is, I don't keep more than 1 set of gear equipped.

2. There are hundreds of toys and vanity items that are not learnable, and cannot be stored in the toy tab, like Jaina's Locket and other teleports.

3. I already have pretty much all pets in the game, I don't keep duplicates, and I don't bother selling them, it's pocket cash, not worth my time.

4. I will never be silent when I see something wrong, only opressed people do that

I just don't see a single downside of being able to toggle this on or off.

- - - Updated - - -

I already linked my inventory many times, https://imgur.com/a/9JK91ap it's not gray items, it's set items, tabards, orange items and vanity items etc, there is not a single item I would consider selling.
    Dude are you seriously keeping all the crap. 100% of it gies automatically into your xmog tabs. Fucking sell them. It is ALL useless. You seriously have no clue how the system works now.

Again your fault. You are keeping stuff in your bags that the game automatically stores for you now.

Stop complaining when you are the one in the wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    4. I will never be silent when I see something wrong, only opressed people do that
    you running into a minor issue because of your unhealthy obsession that you refuse to fix or even admit is an issue, is not "being oppressed"
    Holy shit, wow is literally my job, and my hobby, and even i am just scared by this utter obsession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

1. I collect them for nostalgic reasons, old gear that is, I don't keep more than 1 set of gear equipped.

2. There are hundreds of toys and vanity items that are not learnable, and cannot be stored in the toy tab, like Jaina's Locket and other teleports.

3. I already have pretty much all pets in the game, I don't keep duplicates, and I don't bother selling them, it's pocket cash, not worth my time.

Than you just whine cause you have no idea how the system works.

I have every pet and toy/vanity item in game. My toon has over 70 slots open on my bags. Learn better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you running into a minor issue because of your unhealthy obsession that you refuse to fix or even admit is an issue, is not "being oppressed"
    Holy shit, wow is literally my job, and my hobby, and even i am just scared by this utter obsession.
    Whether it's WoW or anything else online or IRL, one should always speak up when one see something wrong, doesn't matter the size of the problem. Sitting there quiet is never a good answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Than you just whine cause you have no idea how the system works.

I have every pet and toy/vanity item in game. My toon has over 70 slots open on my bags. Learn better.
    Well, I collect to the extreme, I want every single Orange item I can get, and every set item for Rogues, then inventory fills up very fast. Vanity items on top of that and boom no space left.

7+ Year Old Account
    Whether it's WoW or anything else online or IRL, one should always speak up when one see something wrong, doesn't matter the size of the problem. Sitting there quiet is never a good answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I collect to the extreme, I want every single Orange item I can get, and every set item for Rogues, then inventory fills up very fast. Vanity items on top of that and boom no space left.
    You bought a cake that is way too big to fit in your fridge, but its only too big because your fridge is full of rotten old containers of uneaten leftovers, we tell you to dump them but you refuse and complain the company they should make the cakes smaller.

there is no problem, you have invented the problem through you unhealthy hoarding.

- - - Updated - - -

again those 2 things would be fine, as they alone dont take up a TON of space, but the fact you do this ontop of needlessly collecting countless other items is way too much.

having a stamp collection is fine, a coin collection fine, a figure collection fine, a card collection fine, a game collection fine.

but when you have ALL of those at once, or any one of them to the absolute extreme it is way too much, and becomes unhealthy.

I collect ORANGE items, I want as many unique orange items as possible. I also collect set items, but I did sell the ones I had from MoP/WoD to save space, I intend to get them later.

Why would I not carry 3 NH keys, I still need the green mount, I farm all 3 difficulties.

Of course I carry my legendary weapons, for the swag.

I am "close" to the mounts, but it takes FOREVER to farm those items, I got 7/6 items after many, many months, slowly but surely i get them one day.

The white one of those kits is a vanity item, it had use once, same with AV teleport.

I COULD send over the WoD-follower upgrade items, but I use them every week, it's just a lot of sending and resending. I'm going for ALL followers at max ilvl, so i need thons of them as there are over 300 followers you can get from the Inn.

The Hearthstone is the oldest item in the game for me, it hold personal value, could never delete that!
    Hoarding isn't infinitely sustainable in a game with a maximum inventory. No judgment at all, keep all the cool shit! I hold on to gray items.

Your next step is to create a guild for your own characters, and use the massive guild bank. After that, your only option is creating new characters and using their inventories

10+ Year Old Account
    You bought a cake that is way too big to fit in your fridge, but its only too big because your fridge is full of rotten old containers of uneaten leftovers, we tell you to dump them but you refuse and complain the company they should make the cakes smaller.

there is no problem, you have invented the problem through you unhealthy hoarding.

You have such tunnelvision on my problems you don't even see the problem I have with this. The problem I have is their philosophy in game design. Over the years, Blizzard has always been against customization and to have their players being able to have many options. There are so much stuff you can do with addons that the game doesn't have by default, that can drive anyone mad. As another example, you want max camera distance? WHY not have that as an option instead of forcing us to use a max camera macro... Or look at Overwatch, 6 years now and you STILL cannot chose what map to play, it's always random... so people keep leaving on bad maps and just requeue, makes no sense to not have a map-picker, but hey it's Blizzard...

They need to look over all their games and add FAR MORE options for various features to allow us to play the game the way we want to.

There is no reason or excuse to not have an option to disable this "loot protection" crap they have, to let us take our chances and the loot we don't take from corpses are gone forever. That might be stupid BUT ALLOW US TO MAKE MISTAKES, allow us to chose, give us that FREEDOM!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Hoarding isn't infinitely sustainable in a game with a maximum inventory. No judgment at all, keep all the cool shit! I hold on to gray items.

Your next step is to create a guild for your own characters, and use the massive guild bank. After that, your only option is creating new characters and using their inventories
    I would use my guild or alts, but 99,99% of all items I have are soulbound, cannot send them to alts or guild bank. If they just made most items bind-to-account, problem would be fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

again those 2 things would be fine, as they alone dont take up a TON of space, but the fact you do this ontop of needlessly collecting countless other items is way too much.

having a stamp collection is fine, a coin collection fine, a figure collection fine, a card collection fine, a game collection fine.

but when you have ALL of those at once, or any one of them to the absolute extreme it is way too much, and becomes unhealthy.

Who says what's healthy? You? Some doctor or shrink? Mainstream media? The government? There is no standard in life, there is no right or wrong answer here, grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Completely loot the boss when you've defeated him/her/it. Then find your nearest vendor and sell it. Heck you might already have a vendor if you have the mammoth mount (or transmog mount or long boi).

Also if you're farming transmog for yourself, once you gain the "look" from the item, you can also vendor it. No need to keep it around.
    I mean tbf, they did a bit of overkill on the mail system.
    If i don't loot all mobs when i do dailies i get a mail with a grey "broken leg" or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I don't have any alts that are max level, nor any Rogue alt that is higher than level 1.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not, here is my inventory situation

https://imgur.com/a/9JK91ap

And this is AFTER todays cleanup where I sadly had to sell like 15 items that I didn't like AS much.
    Stop saving blue loot from champion table...
    Could delete 75% instantly and you would never notice lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely no reason to keep the vast majority of shit that you are carrying.

Tier 0, Tier 0.5, and Tier 3 that you can't get any more? Sure, keep them. But there is no need to be carrying tier 1,2,4+, especially multiple difficulty sets. The same with most of the Tabards which you can get back by talking to an NPC.

You are a hoarder and have serious issues.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    If i don't loot all mobs when i do dailies i get a mail with a grey "broken leg" or something.
    You can't do item restoration if you never looted the item.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    items only mail to you if you press loot but then do not actually pick up the items, if you kill a mob and then dont even try to loot it, it wont mail to you.
    also there is some very expensive grey items, especially now with the transmog changes, and also the broker pets which cost grey items.

get the addon Aardvark and add all items you don't need to autosell. those that can't be sold will automatically add to destroy instead (except Legion legendaries which have to manually be added because of some bad programming on Blizzards end giving them a vendor value even though they can't be sold)