Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Completing things is doing everything you can do, not just achievements. There is no achievement to get all pets in the game, but we both know that getting all pets is something you can do and complete outside of achievements. So is doing every quest, getting every transmog etc. It's not part of achievements, but completing a game goes far beyonda achivs.
    I disagree because there's no way to track that stuff and realistically no way to even know if you've actually completed everything in the game.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  2. #162
    The Lightbringer Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Just because you don't hoard literal trash does not mean you aren't a hoarder. It's a serious mental disorder which manifests in different ways for people. Some people hoard cardboard boxes, some people hoard newspapers, some people hoard furniture, and some people hoard lots of seemingly unrelated items. Just because you aren't keeping mouldy food doesn't mean you shouldn't seek help.

    And yes, I'm deadly serious about seeking help. Hoarding disorders can—and often do—lead to major issues later in life if left unchecked as sufferers frequently turn to a loner lifestyle where ALL they do is hoard and in turn end up neglecting their physical and social heath.

    It's not just 'collecting stuff' it's not just 'completing the game' to hold on to useless stuff.

    I have a loner lifestyle, I won't ever get a partner or kids, I like it like this way.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Or you know, they could put more focus on customizing and giving us options and just let us disable this
    They spend nearly 20 years before updating the current UI, how long before they add as much functionality as an addon already gives.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

  4. #164
    The Lightbringer Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,462
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I disagree because there's no way to track that stuff and realistically no way to even know if you've actually completed everything in the game.
    The addon ATT is superb at tracking litterally everything, it pretty much include 99% at least. Achivs is a very small part of the total.

  5. #165
    Oh god... auto opening all mails and selling them to a vendor is extremely difficult apparantly.

  6. #166
    Careful what you wish for OP. Yeah loot mail can get annoying sometimes, but what if one day you don't loot a mob that drops a rare mount or awesome xmog piece. Big oof.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Or you know, they could put more focus on customizing and giving us options and just let us disable this
    No. No, they shouldn't. Not for things like this. What you're asking isn't "quality of life" by any means. There is no reason why any normal person would have dozens upon dozens of of mails in WoW with leftover loot.

    You have a hoarding behavior, by your own admission. You're not asking for a "quality of life" change, you're asking Blizzard to enable your behavior, and that simply won't happen.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't have a single BoE item on me, getting a guild bank won't make a difference.

    Yes, hoarder perhaps, but Blizzard design the game so that you get a lot of nice items that you want to keep. What can I do, start discard fun vanity items, legendaries, or similar items?
    No, actually not. Blizzard designed the game so that nowadays most items you'd like to keep like appereances or toys are immediately made accountwide and in the case of toys removed from you're inventory at the same time, so that you don't have to carry useless stuff around.

  9. #169
    This is just a case of creating a problem and then try to get developers to fix it.
    The reason for the mail system is because the idea that players lose out on a really rare drop because of forgetting or missing to loot something is worse than having to deal with the mails.

    I know when I have farmed stuff and I kill a huge area of mobs and thought I picked up everything I've lately seen things in my mail.

    This is such a fringe case so I don't see how anyone could forsee this being a problem.
    Though at the same time, I think in general developers should have some time allotted to just doing smaller stuff like this.

    I think adding a "delete selected mails" would be reasonable to implement. Feels like that would be contained inside the mail function while I think the option to not mail loot might be a more deep-rooted system that would take more to implement and make sure it doesn't bug out other stuff.

  10. #170
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't have a single BoE item on me, getting a guild bank won't make a difference.

    Yes, hoarder perhaps, but Blizzard design the game so that you get a lot of nice items that you want to keep. What can I do, start discard fun vanity items, legendaries, or similar items?
    Yes, you have like a solid 80 items in your inventory and bank that once obtained can be safely deleted as they have been added to your transmog collection, or can be bought from a vendor. Again all the Sha gems, useless, wasted bag space, you can buy them from a vendor if you somehow end up needing them. But collecting those is fine. Legendaries are cool and special. But the fact you do this with everything, even down to some of the most basic as fuck easy to get items like the alterac valley trinket which is just given to you for free. And is replaced by a toy? No, you are your own problem.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Well I hope for your sake Blizzard takes the time to change those items to Toys.
    He still won't get rid of them, he has tons of items in his bags that are toys but he refuses to remove them.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    You should see my attict, and my parents attics, dead full with stuff I collect that will never be used. Some people are just like us, we give things sentimental value and cannot sell them or throw them away. I'm just the same IRL, but I am not alone, and there is nothing wrong with it either.
    having your attic full of sentimental value things, or even useless stuff is fine
    complaining about having to sleep on doorstep to your house bcs your WHOLE HOUSE is full of useless shit is ABSOLUTELY NOT healthy, its unhealthy obsession, as mentioned before its hoarding, its mental issue caused by something and you should seek profesional help
    and i say this as completionist and collector with quite extensive collection of vanity items i collected since march 2005 that are not part of toy (or other) tab in my bank/void storage, but old sets? really? why? like honestly give me one good reason to keep lets say t10 in your bank... you have the transmog tab exactly so you could get rid of useless shite like that...

    and although it might be usefull to have toggle for "no mail", it would create faaar more problems than solve, and honestly, even if it took 5minutes to implement its a waste of developers time to help, well, you, and maybe 5 other people as i REALLY doubt more people stores as much useless shit...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-05-20 at 09:33 AM.

  12. #172
    Be a man, sell the useless crap, even if you think these items have nostalgic value.

    I am personally hoarding plenty of trash(like Mor'ladin sword, legendaries, some grey random items from AV or the poisons(that are grey) or limited, funny items from quests that are unobtainable now etc.), but they're in my bank and I still have plenty of free space in my bags.

    I am always trying to have a one bag free for t-mog farm.

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, you have like a solid 80 items in your inventory and bank that once obtained can be safely deleted as they have been added to your transmog collection, or can be bought from a vendor. Again all the Sha gems, useless, wasted bag space, you can buy them from a vendor if you somehow end up needing them. But collecting those is fine. Legendaries are cool and special. But the fact you do this with everything, even down to some of the most basic as fuck easy to get items like the alterac valley trinket which is just given to you for free. And is replaced by a toy? No, you are your own problem.
    Whaaaaat?
    Didn't know about that! Thanks!

    Anyway, nice new avatar, the last one looked like your char was holding a banana. Not complaining though, I liked it also!
    Last edited by Eazy; 2022-05-20 at 09:47 AM.

  13. #173
    couldn't you just create a character that's purely for mog farming? free of the emotional baggage from the character you're currently using. with a lot of bag space
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    couldn't you just create a character that's purely for mog farming? free of the emotional baggage from the character you're currently using. with a lot of bag space
    how dare you suggest he himself try to solve problem he created instead of blaming devs?!
    after all its a huge problem, it affects maybe even 5 people worldwide! screw the balance and bugs and new content, devs should look into things like this!
    /s (just to be sure )

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    how dare you suggest he himself try to solve problem he created instead of blaming devs?!
    after all its a huge problem, it affects maybe even 5 people worldwide! screw the balance and bugs and new content, devs should look into things like this!
    /s (just to be sure )
    of course this would just be a bandaid solution until the devs added the proposed option
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

  16. #176
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Whaaaaat?
    Didn't know about that! Thanks!

    Anyway, nice new avatar, the last one looked like your char was holding a banana. Not complaining though, I liked it also!
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=169297/stormpike-insignia
    yeah there is one for alliance and horde, you can buy it off the vendor in the starting cave, it was added in the 15th aniversary when they had the classic alterac valley brawl thing.
    also yeah, wanted to get some better stuff for channel stuff

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, you have like a solid 80 items in your inventory and bank that once obtained can be safely deleted as they have been added to your transmog collection, or can be bought from a vendor. Again all the Sha gems, useless, wasted bag space, you can buy them from a vendor if you somehow end up needing them. But collecting those is fine. Legendaries are cool and special. But the fact you do this with everything, even down to some of the most basic as fuck easy to get items like the alterac valley trinket which is just given to you for free. And is replaced by a toy? No, you are your own problem.

    - - - Updated - - -



    He still won't get rid of them, he has tons of items in his bags that are toys but he refuses to remove them.
    Looking at the ops bags. 99% of them are not collectables or are now a days automatically placed in the xmog/toy tabs.

  18. #178
    Pandaren Monk Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,986
    Ever get the feeling that the OP is just trolling the MMO-C community and just raising counter-points that really don't hold any value? Because it seems to me that there are plenty of "solutions" offered but the OP just doesn't accept them because "reasons".

    I don't think there's any "solutions" that the community can offer that the OP will accept.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I have a loner lifestyle, I won't ever get a partner or kids, I like it like this way.
    Then why not run a solo private server and just give yourself infinite inventory?

    If youre not in it for the MMO part of the RPG, why are you still paying?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Ever get the feeling that the OP is just trolling the MMO-C community and just raising counter-points that really don't hold any value? Because it seems to me that there are plenty of "solutions" offered but the OP just doesn't accept them because "reasons".

    I don't think there's any "solutions" that the community can offer that the OP will accept.
    Yeah, he's pretty much saying the game needs to change to accomodate his playstyle instead of adjusting his playstyle to something sustainable by the game.

    The equivalent of a speedrunner petitioning to remove janky obstacles from a game instead of learning to navigate them.

  20. #180
    The Lightbringer Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Oh god... auto opening all mails and selling them to a vendor is extremely difficult apparantly.
    Like I said, this takes almost 30 minutes every week, that time adds up after a while, super annoying.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Ever get the feeling that the OP is just trolling the MMO-C community and just raising counter-points that really don't hold any value? Because it seems to me that there are plenty of "solutions" offered but the OP just doesn't accept them because "reasons".

    I don't think there's any "solutions" that the community can offer that the OP will accept.
    Soon 10 year member here with a few thousand post, not exactly a typical troll account now is it? I'm not trolling, I just get frustrated at a lot of things that have easy fixes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Then why not run a solo private server and just give yourself infinite inventory?

    If youre not in it for the MMO part of the RPG, why are you still paying?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, he's pretty much saying the game needs to change to accomodate his playstyle instead of adjusting his playstyle to something sustainable by the game.

    The equivalent of a speedrunner petitioning to remove janky obstacles from a game instead of learning to navigate them.

    I have the firm believe every single game can improve and should ALWAYS strive to improve. Adding an option to "Disable loot getting to mailbox" or allowing us to delete these mails without having to empty them, has NO downsides and is OBJECTIVELY an improvement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •