Page 1 of 11
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    The Lightbringer Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,462

    Is there any way to disable getting loot in mailbox

    Hey, I've googled and searched, but cannot find an answer, so I figure I ask here.

    I am going nearly mad, and I spend too much time opening mails ingame. I talk about the system that send any unlooted items to your mailbox. I farm TONS of transmog weekly, but I don't need 99% of all the items, yet they end up in my mailbox. I HATE to have unopened mail, I get bothered by that icon. As I pretty much farm every raid on every difficulty weekly, it's hundreds and hundreds of items I have to loot and sell/delete, and with only like 8 free bag spaces (I collect a lot of stuff, bank+voidstorage+most bags full), this is a nightmare.

    Is there some way to disable getting the loot I don't need to my mailbox?

  2. #2
    Pandaren Monk Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,986
    Completely loot the boss when you've defeated him/her/it. Then find your nearest vendor and sell it. Heck you might already have a vendor if you have the mammoth mount (or transmog mount or long boi).

    Also if you're farming transmog for yourself, once you gain the "look" from the item, you can also vendor it. No need to keep it around.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer De Lupe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    A glass box of my own emotions...
    Posts
    3,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hey, I've googled and searched, but cannot find an answer, so I figure I ask here.

    I am going nearly mad, and I spend too much time opening mails ingame. I talk about the system that send any unlooted items to your mailbox. I farm TONS of transmog weekly, but I don't need 99% of all the items, yet they end up in my mailbox. I HATE to have unopened mail, I get bothered by that icon. As I pretty much farm every raid on every difficulty weekly, it's hundreds and hundreds of items I have to loot and sell/delete, and with only like 8 free bag spaces (I collect a lot of stuff, bank+voidstorage+most bags full), this is a nightmare.

    Is there some way to disable getting the loot I don't need to my mailbox?
    Loot the loot from everything. Pretty much it.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Gearsi(A)

  4. #4
    Aren't you the guy crying on every "wow too elitist" thread that lfr is too hard and you don't have time to raid ? And you farm every raid on every difficulty on top of complaining here 24/7 ?


    Yeah ok...

  5. #5
    No that feature cannot be disabled. Your best bet is to clear up more bag space and/or get yourself one of the mounts with a vendor on it so you can sell off items more quickly.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    Completely loot the boss when you've defeated him/her/it. Then find your nearest vendor and sell it. Heck you might already have a vendor if you have the mammoth mount (or transmog mount or long boi).

    Also if you're farming transmog for yourself, once you gain the "look" from the item, you can also vendor it. No need to keep it around.
    Most instances don't allow mounts. The only thing you can summon is the guild pet and it has a 4 hour cooldown.

  7. #7
    The Undying Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    35,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hey, I've googled and searched, but cannot find an answer, so I figure I ask here.

    I am going nearly mad, and I spend too much time opening mails ingame. I talk about the system that send any unlooted items to your mailbox. I farm TONS of transmog weekly, but I don't need 99% of all the items, yet they end up in my mailbox. I HATE to have unopened mail, I get bothered by that icon. As I pretty much farm every raid on every difficulty weekly, it's hundreds and hundreds of items I have to loot and sell/delete, and with only like 8 free bag spaces (I collect a lot of stuff, bank+voidstorage+most bags full), this is a nightmare.

    Is there some way to disable getting the loot I don't need to my mailbox?
    The only way to avoid receiving loot in your mailbox is by looting your kills.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  8. #8
    how the hell you have only like 8 spaces free?!
    i carry around like 20 teleport items 20 consumables and some gear for offspec and still have at least 3 bags completely empty...

    so buy bigger bags or stop carrying around useless shit and you have no problem

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    Aren't you the guy crying on every "wow too elitist" thread that lfr is too hard and you don't have time to raid ? And you farm every raid on every difficulty on top of complaining here 24/7 ?


    Yeah ok...
    I thought that was WowIsDead64.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I thought that was WowIsDead64.
    that covers a lot of people here...

  11. #11
    High Overlord PsychoSe7eN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    155
    Yea, take the loot as it drops. Pretty simple lol.

  12. #12
    OP is probably also the person that cries all the time that they're poor in-game.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Hey, I've googled and searched, but cannot find an answer, so I figure I ask here.

    I am going nearly mad, and I spend too much time opening mails ingame. I talk about the system that send any unlooted items to your mailbox. I farm TONS of transmog weekly, but I don't need 99% of all the items, yet they end up in my mailbox. I HATE to have unopened mail, I get bothered by that icon. As I pretty much farm every raid on every difficulty weekly, it's hundreds and hundreds of items I have to loot and sell/delete, and with only like 8 free bag spaces (I collect a lot of stuff, bank+voidstorage+most bags full), this is a nightmare.

    Is there some way to disable getting the loot I don't need to my mailbox?
    Just run an addon that automatically opens all mail when you click on the mail box, problem solved.

  14. #14
    Over 9000! Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,269
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Just run an addon that automatically opens all mail when you click on the mail box, problem solved.
    You can't do that with the loot mails. There is no infinite inventory.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer Lollis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You can't do that with the loot mails. There is no infinite inventory.
    There are 148 slots available to everyone who is able to buy bags off the auction house and attach an authenticator. What exactly are you carrying around that requires so much space?

    Get a trash seller such as Scrap or Autovendor, get a mailbox addon such as Postal. If you are constantly needing to vendor stuff, take up engineering and build a Jeeves or similar and get a vendor mount for instances where mounting is available.

    With Scrap, and I'm sure there are other addons that do the same, you can set it to sell specific items whenever you go to a vendor. I'm not sure if it is Scrap but there are addons that have the capability to be set to sell every single soulbound item than you can never use such as mail on a cloth user, or are at a certain level, or rarity. There is no excuse to be running out of bagspace in Shadowlands when you can have full 32 slot bags without needing to think.
    Speciation Is Gradual

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    how the hell you have only like 8 spaces free?!
    i carry around like 20 teleport items 20 consumables and some gear for offspec and still have at least 3 bags completely empty...

    so buy bigger bags or stop carrying around useless shit and you have no problem

    I collected ALOT of collectibles over the years. I don't have room for consumeables anymore either. I sold some stuff, but still super full. Of course got the biggest bags in the game, both on me and in the bank, all full.

    But I did sell some stuff, and completed some stuff, so now I actually increased it a little, to 15 spaces.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    There are 148 slots available to everyone who is able to buy bags off the auction house and attach an authenticator. What exactly are you carrying around that requires so much space?

    Get a trash seller such as Scrap or Autovendor, get a mailbox addon such as Postal. If you are constantly needing to vendor stuff, take up engineering and build a Jeeves or similar and get a vendor mount for instances where mounting is available.

    With Scrap, and I'm sure there are other addons that do the same, you can set it to sell specific items whenever you go to a vendor. I'm not sure if it is Scrap but there are addons that have the capability to be set to sell every single soulbound item than you can never use such as mail on a cloth user, or are at a certain level, or rarity. There is no excuse to be running out of bagspace in Shadowlands when you can have full 32 slot bags without needing to think.

    I have all teleports, ALOT of covenant items, and I kept ALL "toy like" items that take hundreds of bag spaces in bags+banks, like "Jaina's Locket" and similar stuff. I have nothing to sell, I value every item I have :O

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Loot the loot from everything. Pretty much it.
    The reason I don't loot em is cause I can't be arsed to spend so much time vendoring. It makes no difference if I loot stuff to my bags or take from mailbox really.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Yea, take the loot as it drops. Pretty simple lol.
    Like I said, up to 15 free bag slots now, and I get maybe 500 items a week at least, it fills up fast.

  17. #17
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I collected ALOT of collectibles over the years. I don't have room for consumeables anymore either. I sold some stuff, but still super full. Of course got the biggest bags in the game, both on me and in the bank, all full.

    But I did sell some stuff, and completed some stuff, so now I actually increased it a little, to 15 spaces.

    - - - Updated - - -




    I have all teleports, ALOT of covenant items, and I kept ALL "toy like" items that take hundreds of bag spaces in bags+banks, like "Jaina's Locket" and similar stuff. I have nothing to sell, I value every item I have :O

    - - - Updated - - -



    The reason I don't loot em is cause I can't be arsed to spend so much time vendoring. It makes no difference if I loot stuff to my bags or take from mailbox really.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Like I said, up to 15 free bag slots now, and I get maybe 500 items a week at least, it fills up fast.
    Why don't you just not open your mail if you don't care?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  18. #18
    The Lightbringer Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,462
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    OP is probably also the person that cries all the time that they're poor in-game.
    I am very, very rich ingame, a reason I don't wanna spend time looting this low value crap.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Why don't you just not open your mail if you don't care?
    Cause I like to keep a clean mailbox, to know when I have actual mail I want AND it's just bothersome to see that mail icon.

  19. #19
    Can't you open the mail and just...not loot it? It'll get rid of the mail icon at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

  20. #20
    The Patient SynDethroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    347
    Do you not have one of the several mounts with a vendor attached..? Loot everything and sell what you don't need, pretty simple fix. I don't see the issue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •