Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 9.2.5 - New Cutscenes

Patch 9.2.5 Live this Week - Recap and Guides

Patch 9.2.5 - New Cutscenes
    A few new cutscenes went live with tonight's patch!

Spoilers below!

Seems like we'll be getting some form of an old world revamp in 11.0 (or later). The Night Elfs are planting a new world tree and the forsaken are restoring the Ruins of Lordaeron.

Anduin is back and Sylvanas might be back too in the future.

Seems like most of the things that lead up to the events of BfA are being undone. Sounds good.

If Blizzard is good at anything it's bringing back the same characters over and over

I have no doubt our Tsundere Queen and our Shota King will both be back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feels like everything is starting to move in a right direction.

What triggers these cutscenes? Are there quests or just need to talk to some npcs?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    What triggers these cutscenes? Are there quests or just need to talk to some npcs?
    Yes. 10char

Dump all characters, start a new story line. There are hundreds of extremely talented writers out there writing for other games and tv shows no one watches on Netflix. Blizzard needs to hire these people.

My boy Sire aside, I still don't know what this story is about, that's how interesting these characters are. These villains sure are hard, but I still don't respect or fear them like I did Kil'Jeden, Yogg or LK.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I have your typical issues with these cinematics like dialogue, its good to see the things be explained inside the game about where the game is headed not in a book or some over source material. We need more of this.

I really like the Calia and Voss one. I am very interested in the Forsaken direction going forward. Still not happy about the direction the Night Elves story conclusion, but then again Blizzard trying to just repair that story after Afrasiabi threw a preverbal nuke on it. If they can just do Night Elves good after his I would be happy, leave this Teledrassil stuff behind and move on.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-06-01 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Seems like we'll be getting some form of an old world revamp in 11.0 (or later). The Night Elfs are planting a new world tree and the forsaken are restoring the Ruins of Lordaeron.

Anduin is back and Sylvanas might be back too in the future.

Seems like most of the things that lead up to the events of BfA are being undone. Sounds good.
    I don’t really want a new tree, maybe a little in a new city in a garden of Elune or something. Don’t want Darnassus back either. Wanna a new city in ashenvale maybe at zoram, want a real work not a copy city.

from is said outside of the cinematic with Tyrande, they will need to talk with Ysera's daughter to find a safe place for the it to grow. This could be a story they want to carry over Dragonflight then.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except the first one, they are all so fucking awful that i just can't stop eyerolling.

The first still ahve the problem of "lets just pretend BfA didn't happen, so build a new tree", that i can ignore, but the rest...

STOP TRYING TO MAKE CALIA HAPPEN, jesus crhist, look at her and loot at voss, two side by side, to see the difference between a proper forsaken and an white pristine woman,, this shit just doesn't work this way, they could ahve at least make her a proper undead so this bs is not that bad.

And the als tone, fucking hell, self righteous dummy Anduin pretending he is basically Arthas and Sylvanus, and of course her again, like we didn't had enough of her bs. They sure know how to end shit an expansion that started shit

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

STOP TRYING TO MAKE CALIA HAPPEN, jesus crhist, look at her and loot at voss, two side by side, to see the difference between a proper forsaken and an white pristine woman,, this shit just doesn't work this way, they could ahve at least make her a proper undead so this bs is not that bad.
    You know the new progressive forsaken players, wanna look like more sylvanas and nathanos. Look like a living no bones etc just pale or dark skin and red eyes. Not like Voss. Just wanna be pretty

I have seen people raving about these new cut scenes with the animated in game body and mouth movements, which is great, I love it when they try out new tech

..... but.... does anyone else not think these in-game animated cinematics have replaced normal animated ones, not sure how i feel about that...i know it gives an opportunity for our own character to appear in them, but if these are totally replacing normal animated cinematics, then i see that as a budget cut.

Surely this type of cinematic must be cheaper to make compared to the regular ones we have had in the past.... ok I am no animator but moving characters in the game world then animating them afterwards compared to actually creating a full animation where every scene (including the background) is animated frame by frame must cost less?
    Last edited by MarkTheMadMad; 2022-06-01 at 11:13 AM.

A bit too soap opera-ish for me, dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    I have seen people raving about these new cut scenes with the animated in game body and mouth movements, which is great, I love it when they try out new tech

..... but.... does anyone else not think these in-game animated cinematics have replaced normal animated ones, not sure how i feel about that...i know it gives an opportunity for our own character to appear in them, but if these are totally replacing normal animated cinematics, then i see that as a budget cut.

Surely this type of cinematic must be cheaper to make compared to the regular ones we have had in the past.... ok I am no animator but moving characters in the game world then animating them afterwards compared to actually creating a full animation where every scene (including the background) is animated frame by frame must cost less?
    No, these are additional. In the past they would've handled this with in-game dialogue, sometimes not even voice acted, without a cut scene. Now they at least have the ability to add this little bit in.
    -Matthian 85 Worgen Balance Druid
    <Gaia> Alliance, US Mannoroth

Is touching the shoulder enough for the CaliaXLilian fanfics?
    It sure was enough for MathiasXFlynn.

2min cutscene about Calia Menethil and Lilian Voss coming back to lordaeron more exciting lore then entire jailer storyline

I didnt see these in game, how do i trigger? I did the whole lorderon thing already

Quote Originally Posted by Disen View Post
    Is touching the shoulder enough for the CaliaXLilian fanfics?
    It sure was enough for MathiasXFlynn.
    Mathias and Flynn is canon and confirmed by the author. Flynn is bi and Shaw is gay.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    There is absolutely no way, even at the height of WoW's success, that Blizzard would have added three fully animated made-from-scratch cutscenes into a mid-expansion patch. These in-engine cinematics are a compromise to try to fit more material in.