Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Free Character Transfers, New Marvel Game Announcement, Untitled Dragonflight Prequel

    Free Character Transfers Available from Firemaw (EU)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Over the last few weeks, we’ve observed an unprecedented event in World of Warcraft: an unserviceable number of Burning Crusade Classic players have continuously attempted to play on a single realm.

    This has always been possible, of course. At any time over the last 17 years, players in a region could have collectively decided to create characters on a single realm and then all attempted to play on that realm. All realms have a cap on concurrent players (this is configured to be the same number on all realms), and if that many players are in-game on the realm, additional players who come along are placed into a queue. The queue itself also has a cap, and if even more players than that attempt to log into the realm, they are denied access entirely.

    By the measurement of its daily total number of players logged-in, Firemaw is the largest realm in the world. To give that some context, the 24th largest realm in the world (Benediction-US) has about 67% as many daily players as Firemaw does.

    The reason we’ve never seen such a large population on a realm for more than a few days is something we call “queue pressure”. The game is much more fun if you’re actually playing it, even on a smaller realm, so in the past, players have always eventually chosen to move to other realms. For quite some time, free character transfers have been available from the Firemaw realm. Any player with characters on Firemaw can move to the following realms for free:

    • Amnennar
    • Ashbringer
    • Earthshaker
    • Golemagg
    • Mandokir
    • Mograine
    • Patchwerk
    • Razorgore
    • Sulfuron
    • Transcendence
    • Venoxis

    As always, we encourage players on Firemaw to alleviate the population issue by transferring to one of those realms.

    It’s worth mentioning that the subject of layering is not related to this issue. Layers are automatically created or collapsed based on the number of players who are outside of instanced content, and the layering configuration is exactly the same on all WoW Classic realms. Lately, Firemaw has consistently needed 4 layers to accommodate all players who are not in instanced content. Smaller realms have fewer layers, but this is related to the number of players congregating outside instances, not the total number of concurrent players the realm can serve. Adding more layers would not increase the total number of players allowed on a realm at the same time. That maximum is bounded by the limitations of hardware.

    We’re currently evaluating all realms’ populations and the necessity for more or different free character transfers. We’ll let you know as soon as we determine whether we need to take additional steps there.

    Thank you!

    New Marvel Game Announcement
    Marvel Entertainment is going to announce a new game today at 10 AM PT. The teaser shows the logos for Nuverse (a Hong Kong based publisher) and Second Dinner, a video game studio co-founded by Ben Brode, the former Game Director for Hearthstone.


    Untitled Dragonflight Prequel
    A new untitled Dragonflight book has appeared on Amazon. The prequel story to World of Warcraft: Dragonflight is set to release on November 22, 2022.



    Purchases through this link support the site.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-05-19 at 10:23 AM.

  2. #2
    Wait why does it say "Uncle Ben" on the roster lmao. Man's gonna take 2x damage from gun attacks.

  3. #3
    Ppl don't want to play on the smaller servers. Those servers die out and you're stuck. Blizz needs to understand that although queues suck, being on the server is worth the wait when you finally do get in. The only way ppl are gonna xfer off is if they merge like the next 5 biggest servers to create one near the size of the biggest.

  4. #4
    Except if you dislike alot the Grind Nuisance and Cross Realm Zones Bollocks. I do that, so i fully stand by Their Words however when they say ''The game is much more fun if you’re actually playing it, even on a smaller realm''

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Except if you dislike alot the Grind Nuisance and Cross Realm Zones Bollocks. I do that, so i fully stand by Their Words however when they say ''The game is much more fun if you’re actually playing it, even on a smaller realm''
    The problem is 2 of the realms im on are completely dead. Can't find a group for absolutely anything. Given the choice id wait in a queue instead of playing a solo experience.

    I'm not suggesting they should merge servers. Im saying that its the only way they could cause a significant amount of players to leave firemaw of their own free will. Theres other options of course

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    The problem is 2 of the realms im on are completely dead. Can't find a group for absolutely anything. Given the choice id wait in a queue instead of playing a solo experience.

    I'm not suggesting they should merge servers. Im saying that its the only way they could cause a significant amount of players to leave firemaw of their own free will. Theres other options of course
    While i don't play Classic in general, i feel sympathy for people like you man. It's a really horrible situation in general.

  7. #7
    Sigh... will they stop making these Warcraft books and put the lore in the game? This is a already a bad sign for Dragonflight.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Sigh... will they stop making these Warcraft books and put the lore in the game? This is a already a bad sign for Dragonflight.
    I agree , bad move.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Sigh... will they stop making these Warcraft books and put the lore in the game? This is a already a bad sign for Dragonflight.
    I enjoy the books and hope they never discontinue them. I never read the lore in-game because I feel pressured to race to max level. It's kind of neat knowing some background information about some of the characters before an expansion, like the lore around Calia Menethil becoming Forsaken and Sylvanas' backstory. I don't know where they'd fit that kind of lore in-game, now that I think about it.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    While i don't play Classic in general, i feel sympathy for people like you man. It's a really horrible situation in general.
    Basically playimg retail full time because of it. Classic was great the first few months, and right after a patch, but even this patch didn't help now.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I enjoy the books and hope they never discontinue them. I never read the lore in-game because I feel pressured to race to max level. It's kind of neat knowing some background information about some of the characters before an expansion, like the lore around Calia Menethil becoming Forsaken and Sylvanas' backstory. I don't know where they'd fit that kind of lore in-game, now that I think about it.
    Any of it could have been additional story quest content as part of a prepatch. They can even keep doing the books, that's fine, the problem is not explaining major character motivations/growth/development in-game. So Calia pops up and game-only players are like "who the fuck is this?" Sylvanas flips a switch and game-only players are like "what the fuck, why!?"

    Since they started the books, In-game storytelling has relied way too much on "because I said so" when it comes to understanding characters actions and it just results in feeling disconnected from the whole damn thing.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Sigh... will they stop making these Warcraft books and put the lore in the game? This is a already a bad sign for Dragonflight.
    This has happened with literally every single expansion. So you think every expansion was bad?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Since they started the books, In-game storytelling has relied way too much on "because I said so" when it comes to understanding characters actions and it just results in feeling disconnected from the whole damn thing.
    So since classic? This isn't new. They did it with comics too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    Any of it could have been additional story quest content as part of a prepatch. They can even keep doing the books, that's fine, the problem is not explaining major character motivations/growth/development in-game. So Calia pops up and game-only players are like "who the fuck is this?" Sylvanas flips a switch and game-only players are like "what the fuck, why!?"

    Since they started the books, In-game storytelling has relied way too much on "because I said so" when it comes to understanding characters actions and it just results in feeling disconnected from the whole damn thing.
    I don't think so. The books are great content and they are packed with so much, that can't just be put in a few pre-patch quests. I enjoy reading the books. The game gives you a high level overview, if you want the finer details the books are there for more. I'm fine with that. The thing is why should they waste time putting more details in quests when most people sit there and say "I don't read quests and I skip cutscenes" sure not everyone does but I've seen so many people who admit to that. Seems to me its better option to have the books for the people who actually enjoy reading. Even with out reading the books Sylvanas' story is pretty much there in game. I never thought she flipped a switch, between the cutscenes and the quests it was explained in a basic concept.

  14. #14
    No one wants to transfer from the good realm to the dead realm.

  15. #15
    Sylvanas killing their own after they wanted to reunite with their living relatives and the council had to be un game. Vives context to players.

    They can't fit all the book in game, but key events like that can't be left in the books only.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    I enjoy the books and hope they never discontinue them. I never read the lore in-game because I feel pressured to race to max level. It's kind of neat knowing some background information about some of the characters before an expansion, like the lore around Calia Menethil becoming Forsaken and Sylvanas' backstory. I don't know where they'd fit that kind of lore in-game, now that I think about it.
    Not everything is about leveling. This kind of story would be better told in the patches building up to the expansion. Also you can rush to level cap if you want and enjoy the storytelling on a different toon where you are not pressured anymore. The game doesn't really gain from having these books while the in-game story is seriously lacking.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    This has happened with literally every single expansion. So you think every expansion was bad?
    Yes. The story telling in WoW is outdated and telling the story though these books isn't helping anyone. What was acceptable 15 years ago is not what is acceptable today. The games industry changed significantly. Granted, the quality did drop significantly more in the later expansions because of retcons.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-05-19 at 01:47 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Sigh... will they stop making these Warcraft books and put the lore in the game? This is a already a bad sign for Dragonflight.
    There's over 100 novels / comics with WoW lore already. Having read them all, I can tell you that so far only one I felt made me feel like it should've been in the game. Specifically, the one with Garrosh's trial.
    The rest of the inbetween expansion novels - I feel you wouldn't be missing out. Like the one before SL, I can summarise it in 10 lines and nothing important actually happens. At most, you get a bit more lore about why Sylvanas was targeting Bwonswamdi. But let's be fair here, if you haven't played all 4 covenants, you already missing out on way more. Anyway, you could probably read a synopsis once it's out and be up to speed if lore is super important to you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Sylvanas killing their own after they wanted to reunite with their living relatives and the council had to be un game. Vives context to players.

    They can't fit all the book in game, but key events like that can't be left in the books only.
    I didn't feel like that needed to be in at all. I actually felt the game clashes considerably with the novel. It gives Anduin a motivation but none to Sylvanas. You get no explanation whatsoever as to why she decided to go to war, tbh I even felt like she actually decided against it in the novel. That incident just shows some sides to Sylvanas: that she is ruthless, cunning and a bit envious. Could well do without it ingame, nothing we don't know.

    The novels sometimes feel so disconnected they feel like fanfics. Yes, I'm still quite upset about Jaina deciding she can't hate on the Horde because otherwise she would be just like Garrosh and Kalec being comforted she's back to herself only to get hateful Jaina ingame immediately after. Hating the horde and abandoning the world in the face of peril because of her hate.

  18. #18
    if they cant fix that problem technically/systemically or they just dont want to merge servers, make it connected like on retail
    they could just open free transfer to one specific realm and force ppl to make second firemaw and then another if necessary
    ppl dont want to spread and play on realms where u cant even find group or buy/sell items on ah, if some do, they wont do transfer and will sit on server with 10 players roleplaying with npcs

  19. #19
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Sigh... will they stop making these Warcraft books and put the lore in the game? This is a already a bad sign for Dragonflight.
    This just in, person thinks that something that has happened since TBC is happening, that the next expansion is already bad

  20. #20
    Good luck getting people to transfer to a low server after you forced them to pay to transfer if they wanted to continue to play with other people.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •