New arena map ideas.

Title is self explanation. What locals throughout WoW would make pretty cool arena maps for future patches? For me it'd be...

Firelands / deep holm

Frostfire Ridge or talador

Argus

Velf zone

Sw / Org (separate from RoB map)

An underwater dome map, abbysal maw maybe or the maelstrom

Those are some off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Title is self explanation. What locals throughout WoW would make pretty cool arena maps for future patches? For me it'd be...

Firelands / deep holm

Frostfire Ridge or talador

Argus

Velf zone

Sw / Org (separate from RoB map)

An underwater dome map, abbysal maw maybe or the maelstrom

Those are some off the top of my head.
    Personally I'm surprised they didn't do "reskins" of arena maps. So using the EXACT layout of an existing map, but just with different visuals to keep things I testing. Poor pvprs been humping the exact same pillars for years.

Obviously new arenas would be good too, but just skins would be cool. I understand the balancing on arenas is so fine, they can't just slap new ones together all the time, but surely some different visuals would help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Add "push the cart" from FFXIV or 5v5 king of the hill from GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Personally I'm surprised they didn't do "reskins" of arena maps. So using the EXACT layout of an existing map, but just with different visuals to keep things I testing. Poor pvprs been humping the exact same pillars for years.

Obviously new arenas would be good too, but just skins would be cool. I understand the balancing on arenas is so fine, they can't just slap new ones together all the time, but surely some different visuals would help.
    Exactly, the layout is already here, the assets are already here. Maybe I'm talking out of ignorance but I don't think that it would be that long to make an arena with those two things already made. Like two arenas at every big patch seems like a reasonnable demand in that context, I think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Exactly, the layout is already here, the assets are already here. Maybe I'm talking out of ignorance but I don't think that it would be that long to make an arena with those two things already made. Like two arenas at every big patch seems like a reasonnable demand in that context, I think ?
    Even if the assets dont exist, they have an amazing art team, and im acknowledging that the design of an arena is MM accuracy stuff, to keep it competitive and fair. All im saying, is look at the sewer map, with the water that pours down - do exactly the same thing, but make it a temple setting with green poison looking goop that pours down, or lava or whatever. Change the THEME of the arena visually without moving anything even 1 mm, just for diversities sake.

Sadly, if they did do this, the army of antiblizz drones would murder them for recycling content etc. But i think if they were VERY upfront and clear about what it was going to be, ther should be no reason to complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I hope they don't spend one more hour developing arena because it's the worst end game feature the game has by far. Even BGs are more entertaining, which is saying a lot. Honestly, they already have the best map, which is Dalaran sewers. Because that's where arena belongs. Or the Lordaeron graveyard because it's a dead game mode.
    Last edited by dwarven; 2022-05-20 at 08:53 AM.