Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Good to hear from Ben Brode again who is still very much missed in the Hearthstone community. Not my type of game and never been much of a Marvel fan but I'm hopeful to see good games coming from ex Blizzard employees, really hope Frostgiant Studios can make a solid RTS.

I wish they would stop calling these gatcha games ccgs . . . while real collectible card games are a rip off, at least you always have a physical product to show for your investment that can gain value over time.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Its always been a Blizzard/WoW fansite. The name was always a reflection of that.
    Wasn't the original name wow-champion? I vaguely remember it being wow-champion and then they were asked to change it or something.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Ben Brode, how I missed you. Your charisma alone might be enough to get me to try this game.

I swear, not having a Ben Brode or a Metzen anymore has hurt Blizzard almost as much as all the disgusting crap they got up to. The right hype-man can go a looong way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    I'm a freelance content writer, I can cover any topic as long as it's related to Blizzard. I don't get paid more for this.

Many folks have been wondering what Ben Brode and his colleagues have been working on since they left Blizzard, after all they have received $30M in funding from NetEase. Covering Ben Brode's new game is more than fine, many Hearthstone enthusiasts might want to have a look at it.
    Thanks for letting us know, Lumy! I've been curious too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    So is it time to drop mmo-champion? Ads for random games now?
    You should celebrate! You lived long enough to see most things you enjoy be butchered into unrecognizable messes from a culture that is stagnant and out of new ideas.

I'm a freelance content writer, I can cover any topic as long as it's related to Blizzard. I don't get paid more for this.

Many folks have been wondering what Ben Brode and his colleagues have been working on since they left Blizzard, after all they have received $30M in funding from NetEase. Covering Ben Brode's new game is more than fine, many Hearthstone enthusiasts might want to have a look at it.
    I agree. This site has always lightly covered other games / studios when big names have left Blizzard.

I admit my first reaction was "WTF, why is this here" until I saw Ben Brode in the video. Then I went "oH Neat!".

Why is this marvel crap here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    because ben brode > hearthstone > blizzard
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    So you can complain about something. Do you feel better now?

HAHAHA YOOOO

The writer of the article himself/herself just slapped the dissenters in the face.

Good on ya.

I agree with your stance: I clicked through the video just to see all the stuff with Ben Brode and his iconic plaid shirt. I miss the dude's enthusiasm. There are other instances where MMO-C has covered what former Blizz devs are doing. I think there were a few articles a little while back talking about what Mike's new business was doing. Makes perfect sense to cover the first thing that Ben Brode's new business is doing as well.

Love Ben Brode, hope his game is a success, cause I've been replaying a bit of Hearthstone recently and... yikes, that game is in a sad freaking state.

It's fairly unknown to people how advertising profession, content creation, social media management and similar stuff works. Good on you to clear this up. More than fine article indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    HAHAHA YOOOO

The writer of the article himself/herself just slapped the dissenters in the face.

Good on ya.

I agree with your stance: I clicked through the video just to see all the stuff with Ben Brode and his iconic plaid shirt. I miss the dude's enthusiasm. There are other instances where MMO-C has covered what former Blizz devs are doing. I think there were a few articles a little while back talking about what Mike's new business was doing. Makes perfect sense to cover the first thing that Ben Brode's new business is doing as well.
    Exactly this. I mean how many times did this site post anything and everything Ghostcrawler would say/do after he left as well.

Ben looks good. Closed beta seems to be for android only atm unfortunately. Hope they'll test beta on PC too soon, game looks fun

15+ Year Old Account
    Game looks like complete garbage. Nice to hear from Ben.

Good lord. I knew its been a slow news week but this sort of content goes down like cola and gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilik View Post
    Its not that random. The game is made by former Blizzard devs, most notably Ben Brode, who was the face of Hearthstone before he left Blizzard to make his own studio. He is also in this video.
    The game is also bankrolled by the company that controls blizzard in China, making it even less ransom.

I'll try it out.

Don't have a habbit of playing mobile games that much though, but guess I can use the PC Android emulator.

There is obviously many people complaining here but I think this was a good news article for MMO-Champion cuz we have many Hearthstone players.

This "NetEase is evil" stuff and the guy insinuating that NetEase somehow has influenced that this article was written has to take off their tinfoil hats.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2022-05-20 at 09:05 PM.

Reminds a little to Lord of the Rings TCG without minions.

So is it called Marvel Snap because it will wipe out half its players bank accounts or because it will be gone in a snap?