Thread: Monkeypox!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I dont have gay sex so I think I should be fine.
    I'm almost 99% sure STDs are not going to be an issue for you. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    rather sure the same people that acted badly before will act badly now
    While I doubt this will spread significantly, I filled expect to some footage of some dipshit covered in blisters screaming about how they need to be allowed into a Starbucks or a supercuts then trying to grab someone when told no.
    Well, dipshits will be dipshits. But there might be more people taking this seriously simply because it's visible.

No need to panic. Apparently Smallpox vaccine works on this stuff, so if it comes to it then the world will role out the huge amount of Smallpox vaccines we have.

It's also apparently a mild version of the disease with death rates more similar to chickenpox in adults. Which is 21 in 100,000.

Nothing to see here. World's safe for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Lots of people said that about HIV and AIDS back in the 80s, too.

Now, luckily, this doesn't appear to be near as lethal, or as unprecedented, as those diseases. But suffice to say, "it's just a disease for the gays" hasn't proven true in the past, and people using that as an excuse not to listen to doctors or medical professionals would be quite... well, stupid.

As I noted earlier, however, I'm glad the US has a president that will encourage people to listen to medical professionals and scientists instead of college dropout comedians advising people to take horse dewormer. With the existing treatments, medical knowledge of the disease, and actual helpful, supportive tenor of dialogue coming from places of power this will hopefully result in a whole lot of nothing.
    Thats because gay people didn't really start using condoms until the early 90s

It's not hard to see the scenario in which having anal sex causes some small tears from which its spread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Thats because gay people didn't really start using condoms until the early 90s

It's not hard to see the scenario in which having anal sex causes some small tears from which its spread
    It was heavily stigmatized as a “gay disease” which lead to a lot of apathy both politically and socially and lead people to believe that, because they were having straight sex, they didn’t have to worry. Which clearly wasn’t the case.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hmm..been since 1972 since I received the smallpox vaccine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't you do it? Why can't you set your monkey free? (You're) Always givin' into it. Do you love your monkey or do you love me?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...adaoaHIGxKiZM8

Stunning. Wuhan Lab was Experimenting with Monkeypox Last Year – Published Research Report in International Journal in February
    By Jim Hoft
    Published May 22, 2022 at 9:25pm

Virologica Sinica is an international journal which aims at presenting the cutting-edge research on viruses all over the world. The journal publishes peer-reviewed original research articles, reviews, and letters to the editor, to encompass the latest developments in all branches of virology,

In February 2022, Virologica Sinica published a recent gain of function research project performed by scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology in August 2021 while the COVID-19 pandemic was still raging around the world.

The study was published in February 2022...

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Why can't you do it? Why can't you set your monkey free? (You're) Always givin' into it. Do you love your monkey or do you love me? - - - Updated - - - Oh boy... https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...adaoaHIGxKiZM8
    The Gateway Pundit is an American far-right fake news website. The website is known for publishing falsehoods, hoaxes, and conspiracy theories.
    Founded by Jim Hoft in 2004 Owner: Jim Hoft

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Not "always" because there is a limited amount of gene combos that a virus can have which puts an upper limit on its complexity and limits its functionality.
    Not at all.

I realize you think human progress will get rid of all our problems like in star trek, but it's called science fiction for a reason.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Why can't you do it? Why can't you set your monkey free? (You're) Always givin' into it. Do you love your monkey or do you love me?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy...

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...adaoaHIGxKiZM8
    Only took just a week or so for people to latch on to a conspiracy about china. Not shocked you fell for it.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Only took just a week or so for people to latch on to a conspiracy about china. Not shocked you fell for it.
    We'll see. The Hunter Biden laptop was once called a "conspiracy" too. We'll just give this some time.

7+ Year Old Account
    We'll see. The Hunter Biden laptop was once called a "conspiracy" too. We'll just give this some time.
    Adds another layer of clown makeup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

the only conspiracy that came from the laptop is the hundreds of conspiracies claiming ridiculous things that the laptop do not prove. All this again is done by the right wing nut party of trump
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmm..been since 1972 since I received the smallpox vaccine.
    Similar here, - and I found the vaccination booklet with a similar note for myself.

Some claim that countries stopping the smallpox vaccination after it was eradicated is one reason it could spread more this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It was heavily stigmatized as a “gay disease” which lead to a lot of apathy both politically and socially and lead people to believe that, because they were having straight sex, they didn’t have to worry. Which clearly wasn’t the case.
    True, and it may be just chance that Monkeypox first spread at pride and fetish parties, but it might also be that it is sexually transmitted now.

What we don't want is that people ignore rashes on their skin, thinking that they cannot have a "gay disease" or try to hide those rashes and themselves in the closet.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing to see here folks, just the MSM causing more hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Nothing to see here folks, just the MSM causing more hysteria.
    That's not at all what this is, but you're welcome to your terrible takes.

I promise, mainstream media isn't hiding in your closet. Wolf Blitzer may be under your bed, but he's been pretty busy standing around on TV looking very serious lately, so that's very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I promise, mainstream media isn't hiding in your closet. Wolf Blitzer may be under your bed, but he's been pretty busy standing around on TV looking very serious lately, so that's very unlikely.
    You can always just give him a banana anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    1987 All over again human beings really never fucking learn.

Skip to 1:38 or if you're really brave listen from the beginning to 1:38, yeah really! I actually remembered listening to CKY because it was one of my uncles in Manitoba's favorite station in the mornings.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Hm...

I had expected that health organizations would have a better handle on this by now, but it seems that

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Hm...

I had expected that health organizations would have a better handle on this by now, but it seems that
    LMAO! Are you kidding me? You can't seriously think they would have a handle on this. They never got a handle on Covid! Its still going strong and spreading easily and places are getting rid of restrictions. Health organizations wont and can't get a handle on anything. Not when the governments or general population just don't care enough to even Try to combat it.

I expect it to keep going for a long time now.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?