Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why is it so hard for Blizzard a queued 1v1?

Title. Even if it wasn't ranked, just for fun to mess around with. I don't understand why they're so against it.

Oh look a rogue. /afk

Oh look a rogue. /afk

Oh look a rogue. /afk

Because the game isnt balanced around 1v1...1v1 is basically a game of rock paper scissors.with a chance the scissors is actually a lightsaber because of gear and I still don't see what's wrong with the current system of dueling outside of capital cities

5+ Year Old Account
    The game is also not balanced for 2v2 or 3v3, or could you successfully queue double or triple arcane mage? Or just any triple DPS?
    Or just look at the class and spec representation in 2v2 and 3v3, at any rating or only above 2400, doesn't matter. There are specs that have a 10 or even a 100 times higher representation than others. This is balance?

So a 1on1 arena would also not be balanced, so what? As long as it's DPS only and does possibly includes some better mechanics against "I go stealth for 3 minutes", it should be fine.

It should exist but it wouldn't be popular or fun atm. Dueling flat out sucks, and has sucked since legion. When classes got pruned and simplified, 1v1s reverted back to rock/paper/scissors. People used to scout for arena partners at dueling hotspots. Not anymore.

Once you add a feature you need to support it. If 1v1 gets added demands of balancing it will appear. And if the game isn't balanced around it from the start it becomes an unnecessary headache.

Maybe it doesn't need to be balanced for you but fact is people will demand it to be.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Didn't we have it in BFA? Duelers guild or something?

It wasn't particularly popular lol.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    Title. Even if it wasn't ranked, just for fun to mess around with. I don't understand why they're so against it.
    They tried a qued 1v1 in BFA, it was called the Duelist Guild. It was a dead feature because nobody participated in it lol. Funny how people forget about systems that are actually in the game that failed terribly.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

It would be completely pointless because every match would be decided the second the game starts lol.

Not to mention certain classes, for example Convoke Feral Druid, would literally be unbeatable. Sure would be fun queueing for a match and then knowing you lost before it starts.

Let's not forget how amazing it would be to queue against a tank or healer and have the game take 10 minutes.

People would queue it for like a week, realize it's horrible, and then it would be a dead and forgotten game mode. The solo 3v3 arena queue coming in 9.2 will be the same thing, people will play it for a week or two and then abandon it. Those types of game modes are never fun, and never will be.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine the trillions of daily complains about balance. Even if everyone knows that pvp is not balanced towards 1v1.

I think that´s the only reason. It would affect the played races, making some extra populated and killing off others with less people playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Because the game isnt balanced around 1v1...1v1 is basically a game of rock paper scissors.with a chance the scissors is actually a lightsaber because of gear and I still don't see what's wrong with the current system of dueling outside of capital cities
    Then remove 2s and rbg aswell, because pvp is balanced around 3v3.

And the problem of outdoor duels is that most objects dont trigger the LOS. I wanna hide behind a rock to heal me, hunter ca shoot thru rocks and even kick me.

Fun.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Then remove 2s and rbg aswell, because pvp is balanced around 3v3.

And the problem of outdoor duels is that most objects dont trigger the LOS. I wanna hide behind a rock to heal me, hunter ca shoot thru rocks and even kick me.

Fun.
    PvP? Balanced? LOL

If you think PvP is balanced in 3v3 then I don't know what to tell you because it's a mess of fotm every single season with the only king comp every season being a variant of Rogue/Mage lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I would like 1v1. Though I play prot pala so I guess I would only be pitched against other prot palas, according to blizz. Out of curiosity, are there any high rated prot palas? Like gladiators? Because I find it hard to believe a prot pala doesn't start to drag their team down at higher ratings...

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    It would be completely pointless because every match would be decided the second the game starts lol.

Not to mention certain classes, for example Convoke Feral Druid, would literally be unbeatable. Sure would be fun queueing for a match and then knowing you lost before it starts.

Let's not forget how amazing it would be to queue against a tank or healer and have the game take 10 minutes.

People would queue it for like a week, realize it's horrible, and then it would be a dead and forgotten game mode. The solo 3v3 arena queue coming in 9.2 will be the same thing, people will play it for a week or two and then abandon it. Those types of game modes are never fun, and never will be.
    I don't think anyone will take seriously an insight from someone who thinks convoke feral would be unbeatable in 1v1 arena.

The 1v1 isn't balance is the laziest excuse ever. Matches won't be decided at the start every time, same as 2v2 games aren't decided at the start every game. People talking like every player is a rank 1 multi glad that can play flawlessly...

It is worth trying as a brawl like the solo shuffle they're doing. Duels are fun to do, so why not this. I personally would rather have a dedicated PvP area in capitals where the vendors are and there's some mini "arena" with a couple of pillars so people can duel and hang around there, but 1v1 queue would be welcomed to try.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    PvP? Balanced? LOL

If you think PvP is balanced in 3v3 then I don't know what to tell you because it's a mess of fotm every single season with the only king comp every season being a variant of Rogue/Mage lol.
    Never said pvp is balanced. I said its balanced around 3v3.

Everytime someone posts a thread like this, they never explain why it should be added. It's not that it's hard, it's that they don't want to because it's not needed or worthwhile.

Everytime someone posts a thread like this, plenty of reasons are given as to why it's pointless or just a bad idea in general.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the matter its balanced or not? Do ever pvp was balanced well ? Not really. Thats one thing other is there is a big disbalance between players skill so balanding till high end pro midmaxing doesnt matter that much :P

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    You mistake hard for utterly not worth the time.

Imagine having a pure single dps spec pvp class with static powerlevel one can only use in some trial mode on training dummies alone and that class would play on queued duels only. Then you got some new Beat 'em up minigame.
    Last edited by Boddhi; 2022-01-27 at 10:24 AM.