Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

If mythic plus got it's own "elite" armor mog, what do you think it should require?

I always wondered why this doesn't already exist. So just as a thought experiment for a transmog only reward what would you set it at?

In my mind it would go
    All 15s gets you the mount.
    All 20s get you the mog set and portals.
    All 25s... would give you a weapon illusion mirroring pvp rewards.

Titles would still be top percents.

What are your thoughts though? Would you rather the transmog armor drop piecemeal instead or any other twist on it?

WoW has too much FOMO shit as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    This. Also, the more “unique” you add, the more watered down these “unique” sets become. Like PVP armour. Not that many people notice the elites sets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I always wondered why this doesn't already exist. So just as a thought experiment for a transmog only reward what would you set it at?

In my mind it would go

What are your thoughts though? Would you rather the transmog armor drop piecemeal instead or any other twist on it?
    Tbh, I would rather have the teleports being the top thing you can get - it's a nice QoL improvement for pushers but not really a thing people will be sad if they miss out on them. Since you can get Elite Gear with I think .... 1,8k rating these days, M+ should mirror that roughly too, so I would go with something like this:

- All on 5 gives you a title (currently the reward for pushing 10's)
    - All on 10 gives you a class specific, seasonal elite transmog
    - All on 15 gives you a seasonal mount and dragonriding customization
    - A 20 gives you a dungeon teleport, all on 20 gives you a weapon illusion

Really, the game should push more people to do M+ and Mythic raiding, but giving rewards to ~1% of players won't help with that - you need to make them available for the broad range of people if you want to make people play it more, simply because the amount of players who will or can do X amount of hard content for Y reward is quite low.

Another good example is the rewards structure of fated raids in season 4 - normal will give a mount, heroic a title and mythic just the teleports.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    This. Also, the more “unique” you add, the more watered down these “unique” sets become. Like PVP armour. Not that many people notice the elites sets.
    Why do you want seasonal rewards? Because they look good or because you want people to notice you?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Tbh, I would rather have the teleports being the top thing you can get - it's a nice QoL improvement for pushers but not really a thing people will be sad if they miss on them. Since you can get Elite Gear with I think .... 1,8k rating these days, M+ should mirror that roughly too, so I would go with something like this:

- All on 5 gives you a title (currently the reward for pushing 10's)
    - All on 10 gives you a class specific, seasonal elite transmog
    - All on 15 gives you a seasonal mount and dragonriding customization
    - A 20 gives you a dungeon teleport, all on 20 gives you a weapon illusion

Really, the game should push more people to do M+ and Mythic raiding, but giving rewards to ~1% of players won't help with that - you need to make them available for the broad range of people if you want to make people play it more, simply because the amount of players who will or can do X amount of hard content for Y reward is quite low.

Another good example is the rewards structure of fated raids in season 4 - normal will give a mount, heroic a title and mythic just the teleports.
    I would push up the weapon illusions a bit to mirror rarity. Unlike pvp the mythic plus mount has always been pretty trivial to get.

While elite sets are easy to get as well so few people bother to pvp it keeps them somewhat uncommon. If you made the pve equivalent as easy as 10s you would see an oversaturation of sets I would think.

Rewards for harder modes have lost the prestige over the years and its mostly blizzard's fault. Raiding and dungeons only had 1 mode so when someone got armor it was cool and one of a kind, now with 4 raid modes 4 dungeon modes there are recolors so one of kind armor is not so special. Giving rewards to 1% players has truly never worked as a work hard and get it mentality as long of people believe after they keep adding more difficulties. To be honest I am surprised they have not added a legendary mode yet where perma death happens in a raid or dungeon for the week.

To answer your question i think they would have to do a better job of making all specs more useful in dungeons if you want to reward people doing 25's or remove timers.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would push up the weapon illusions a bit to mirror rarity. Unlike pvp the mythic plus mount has always been pretty trivial to get.

While elite sets are easy to get as well so few people bother to pvp it keeps them somewhat uncommon. If you made the pve equivalent as easy as 10s you would see an oversaturation of sets I would think.
    Currently, the number of people having any Keystone Conqueror achievement from Shadowlands is between 14-27%. I think that would still be rare enough, especially as it's FOMO and you would get a set with each season.

- - - Updated - - -

Also keep in mind, Dragonflight would add elite recolours for each class - this alone would make them more rare compared to BfA's and Shadowlands "only one set per armor class" elite sets.
    Last edited by Lady Atia; 2022-05-20 at 03:22 PM.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

CMode sets with extra steps?

Nah. It wouldn't dramatically increase participation and it would just give people yet another thing to boost.

10+ Year Old Account

In my mind it would go

Big nope.

For Mythic raiding "exclusive" transmogs, I at least have the option to go back to those instances an expansion later with a small group, or a couple expansions later by my own, and farm those transmogs myself.

But, for Mythic+, those sets would literally be "lost to time" as soon as the next expansion hits, since you can't do M+ for the previous expansions' dungeons anymore.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

It's funny, I hear people complain about this "FOMO" thing so much nowadays, but I've honestly always liked limited time stuff. Even the things I don't have.

I don't know, I guess I feel like some level of exclusivity makes things meaningful and memorable. People still talk about Scarab Lord, but no one is out here talking about a piece of gear everyone gets from a quest in Revendreth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    It's funny, I hear people complain about this "FOMO" thing so much nowadays, but I've honestly always liked limited time stuff. Even the things I don't have.

I don't know, I guess I feel like some level of exclusivity makes things meaningful and memorable. People still talk about Scarab Lord, but no one is out here talking about a piece of gear everyone gets from a quest in Revendreth.
    Yeah and then 10 years down the line you have an entire vault of exclusive items nobody can touch, where a good portion of people who once owned those items are long unsubbed and now you tell somebody who might want to grind for that item that "yeah sorry you should've been here 10 years ago, sucks to be you."

FOMO is fundamentally meaningless as a factor unless you play to showboat and even if you do, there's always a new thing to get if you're good enough to earn it, so FOMO isn't even necessary.

Yeah and then 10 years down the line you have an entire vault of exclusive items nobody can touch, where a good portion of people who once owned those items are long unsubbed and now you tell somebody who might want to grind for that item that "yeah sorry you should've been here 10 years ago, sucks to be you."

FOMO is fundamentally meaningless as a factor unless you play to showboat and even if you do, there's always a new thing to get if you're good enough to earn it, so FOMO isn't even necessary.
    How would you feel about a token system similar to rbgs?

Where once you earn your seasons set you can prestige and unlock a prior one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post

Tbf, rewards should stand on their own. Something should be cool because it's cool, not because it's hard to get or time-limited. Of course it's good to have both, but not everything that's good looking has to come from either hard or time limited content. Imagine you are a new player - what will make you enjoy the game more - if there are a bunch of cool cosmetics to get (which is the way the game works these days - see stuff like covenant cosmetics, the ardenweald frog or the zereth mortis mounts) or if you get told that everything that's cool is no longer available (the way the game felt if you started it during late Wrath / Cataclysm).

That's also the argument for keeping skill levels for certain FOMO stuff low enough so more people can enjoy it - because that's what's good for the game. When more people have fun. And maybe more people will start to engage in even harder content because they realized that clearing all M+ dungeons on level 10 is actually fun and they could continue to push in order to get a mount instead of having to get a boost. Don't get me wrong it's nice to have elite rewards, but more people should be able to enjoy them - we 1% players have enough unique rewards aswell as wowprogress/raider.io rankings anyways.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Yes we need more unique rewards for the 90% of the player base.
    >Unique
    >90% of the playerbase

Choose one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Big nope.

For Mythic raiding "exclusive" transmogs, I at least have the option to go back to those instances an expansion later with a small group, or a couple expansions later by my own, and farm those transmogs myself.

But, for Mythic+, those sets would literally be "lost to time" as soon as the next expansion hits, since you can't do M+ for the previous expansions' dungeons anymore.
    Yeah, agreed. It might be not be a terrible idea to force players to check out Mythic+ by gating some transmog stuff behind it. But it shouldn't be exceedingly difficult. Maybe put it along with the 1500 achievement or create a new Mythic+ Dungeonmaster achievement where people just have to do a timed key for each dungeon to receive the rewards. However, I do also feel that putting something like transmog behind time-restricted content really sucks for new players who tend to enjoy transmogging and using it as a way of exploring the previous expansions of the game that they missed. Interesting to see how they handle the Torghast transmog items once Shadowlands cycles out though, because it's essentially the same thing (unless they plan to keep Torghast up indefinitely).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmurrs View Post
    Yeah, agreed. It might be not be a terrible idea to force players to check out Mythic+ by gating some transmog stuff behind it. But it shouldn't be exceedingly difficult. Maybe put it along with the 1500 achievement or create a new Mythic+ Dungeonmaster achievement where people just have to do a timed key for each dungeon to receive the rewards. However, I do also feel that putting something like transmog behind time-restricted content really sucks for new players who tend to enjoy transmogging and using it as a way of exploring the previous expansions of the game that they missed. Interesting to see how they handle the Torghast transmog items once Shadowlands cycles out though, because it's essentially the same thing (unless they plan to keep Torghast up indefinitely).
    There is literally no reason to remove Torghast from the game? You can still do visions, island expeditions, warfronts aswell as MoP scenarios.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

as long as i can acquire it with trivial effort the next expansion, like mythic raid sets, add all you want.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    as long as i can acquire it with trivial effort the next expansion, like mythic raid sets, add all you want.
    What if you can get them with trivial effort during the current season when getting 1,5k rating?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account

In my mind it would go

No thanks. I don't believe that that group of people (Raid/M+/Rated PvP) should be loaded more up with rewards than they already are. It'll just promote even more boosting as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Just make it 1% and 0,1% of m+ score cut off, 20s key for example are easy later in the patch.