Page 1 of 2
LastLast

NinjaBoogie kicked from Team SMG because his mother was dying of cancer

Even if it's not all completely true (but I believe it is), the timing of it is still vile. The team knew. Management knew. And they still decided it was the way they wished to move forward. Absolutely heartless and vile to place their needs to win some fucking esports tournament over the health and wellness over one of their team members in need. During probably the hardest time in his life. This is not the type of team we need. I hope NinjaBoogie gets the type of support he needs. I hope this is the end of team SMG.https://twitter.com/ninjaboogie/stat...Cl7dPAg7MqAAAA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Even if it's not all completely true (but I believe it is), the timing of it is still vile. The team knew. Management knew. And they still decided it was the way they wished to move forward. Absolutely heartless and vile to place their needs to win some fucking esports tournament over the health and wellness over one of their team members in need. During probably the hardest time in his life. This is not the type of team we need. I hope NinjaBoogie gets the type of support he needs. I hope this is the end of team SMG.https://twitter.com/ninjaboogie/stat...Cl7dPAg7MqAAAA
    Capitalism at it's finest!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Is this some esports game team that is in competitions where they can win a lot of money?

7+ Year Old Account
    I got fired from my job because I was having to spend time taking care of my mother while she struggled with stomach cancer and they didn’t like that.

America is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I got fired from my job because I was having to spend time taking care of my mother while she struggled with stomach cancer and they didn’t like that.

America is great.
    Which countries allow you limitless days off? Curious to know more of the story now

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dota 2 e-sports scene is always full of shit like this as it pertains to interpersonal issues between teammates, teams, management, and the like. While this isn't anything new... this specific situation is particularly scummy.

Almost always more to these stories, and an org isn't going to remove someone if they don't think it's beneficial in some way.

Ultimately none of my business anyway, so eh.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post

America is great.
    You did not file for long-term family medical leave and/or intermittent family medical leave?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    You did not file for long-term family medical leave and/or intermittent family medical leave?
    Hahahahahahaha

Hah
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

15+ Year Old Account
    they are rightly getting dragged all over social media and have gone radio silent making it 10x worse haven't seen a brand destroy themselves quite this fast since artesian builds a few months ago
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Which countries allow you limitless days off? Curious to know more of the story now
    Wrong question. Which countries need you to take care of a loved one yourself instead of professionals?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    they are rightly getting dragged all over social media and have gone radio silent making it 10x worse haven't seen a brand destroy themselves quite this fast since artesian builds a few months ago
    They are probably waiting for their lawyers to finish what ever excuse they have.

If you take FMLA, the Family Medical Leave Act time, they can't fire you. You can get up to 6 months out of the year. You won't get paid, but they have to hold your position, til you get back.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    If you take FMLA, the Family Medical Leave Act time, they can't fire you. You can get up to 6 months out of the year. You won't get paid, but they have to hold your position, til you get back.
    Something something "independent contractor"...

10+ Year Old Account
    In just about every country, that's what unpaid leave is.

You can take it and you retain your position for a relatively long while - usually up to 6 months, given a reason in the list. This is most certainly one.

----

Also it's just a general thing of company/organization not being a bag of dicks. The fallout not worth it for many, especially in this case.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    In just about every country, that's what unpaid leave is.

You can take it and you retain your position for a relatively long while - usually up to 6 months, given a reason in the list. This is most certainly one.
    Moreover, most developed countries that aren't America have long-term illness and disability options available for employees (minimum mandated by government, which is typically higher depending on unions, and may be "refreshable"). Countries like Canada also provide Employment Insurance with additional sickness benefits to help keep people afloat. America is borked.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Moreover, most developed countries that aren't America have long-term illness and disability options available for employees (minimum mandated by government, which is typically higher depending on unions, and may be "refreshable"). Countries like Canada also provide Employment Insurance with additional sickness benefits to help keep people afloat. America is borked.
    It's ok, given the responses here they seem to like it too.

Imagine defending shitty practices by shitty corps swimming in money and their aspirants.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, I’ve been seeing this all over Twitter. Pretty shitty thing to do.
    Is there any actual details about anything? Like is this guy just paid by the match and they took him out of a match because they figured he wouldn't be doing well? Was he on a salary as a member of a team and they fired him?

I mean, it seems pretty bad for them to fire him, but it seems perfectly fine for them to replace him for a match the day his mother is dying.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Well it's a reason it's e-sport, and not real sport. And being better "sport" is not a big fucking bar to clear with all the shit going, lmao.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Is there any actual details about anything? Like is this guy just paid by the match and they took him out of a match because they figured he wouldn't be doing well? Was he on a salary as a member of a team and they fired him?

I mean, it seems pretty bad for them to fire him, but it seems perfectly fine for them to replace him for a match the day his mother is dying.
    No no, don't ask questions, just froth at the mouth over something you're not involved in and know nothing about!

That's the internet way! (tm)