Poll: Dracthyr Class Options

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Poll: Dracthyr Class Options

Hey guys,

Obviously we are getting Dracthyr Evokers without any additional class options. If Blizzard decided to clip their wings and they could be other Classes what would you like to play or see.

Pick as many classes as makes sense to you for what options Dracthyr should have!
    Last edited by Valhalladin; 2022-07-11 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added Poll to Title.

Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Mage and maybe shaman are the first I think of. Druid could work, but a dragonman turning into a bear is a little weird.

You can maybe throw in warlock or death knight as the designated "evil" class.
    Last edited by Malorne the White Stag; 2022-07-11 at 06:01 PM.

I feel like this is one race that could stand to not have warriors. I know they will be, if they open up other classes at all, but class restrictions are supposed to be interesting.

Dracthyr with Tier Armor Sets.

https://ibb.co/3S6Tqkk

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post

And this is the reason why their armour should stay barber shop only. Armour that's just painted on looks horrible, especially on the Dracthyr.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Warrior fits all flights, Mages because Blues, Shaman because Blacks, Druid because Greens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    And this is the reason why their armour should stay barber shop only. Armour that's just painted on looks horrible, especially on the Dracthyr.
    I wish blizzard would move from texture armor to everything being 3d pieces.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

My suggests based on Dragonflight magics

Warrior: Pretty Basic class conceptually
    Mage: Blue and Bronze
    Shaman: Black
    Druid: Green
    Rogue: Black (black dragons infiltrate)
    Monk and Hunter: Are both vaguely life adjacent some sort of covered by Green and Red

Black Dragonflight could somewhat be found in the Warrior with Dragon Charge and the Scale of the Earthwarder.
    Green Dragonflight is found in the Druid with Ysera's Gift.
    Bronze and Blue can be found in the Arcane Mage, while Red can be found in the Fire spec with Alexstrasza's Fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post

Awful.

Let's keep them Evoker only please.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I feel like this is one race that could stand to not have warriors. I know they will be, if they open up other classes at all, but class restrictions are supposed to be interesting.
    Warriors would be fitting and badass for them

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Awful.

Let's keep them Evoker only please.
    Even if they get other classes, they only need weapons. Armor can stay as it is.

Mage, warrior and druid seem the most obvious. (i forgot to vote for shaman as well, but i do agree it would make sense)

-Warrior. How in the world can a dragon not tank? Armored scaly hide, shark claws, teeth and horns. The Black dragon flight in particular would be great at this. They were origonally the first line of defence against threats and thus the reason why the Old God went after them first- because the Earth Warders were the warriors and protectors of Azeroth herself. Often times our best armor comes from dragon hide. Not to mention the dragon flights were made to protect Azeroth and keep it in balance. Warrior should be a shoe-in.
    -Mage because blue dragons are all about the arcane. Their aspect leader is one of the Six of Dalaran and his class is often listed as Mage. blue dragons are all about that frost and arcane spec and red dragons have a thing for fire.
    -Druid. Everyone seems to forget about the green dragon flight's connection to druidisim and the emerald dream. They are the protectors of the Dream and have always worked very closely with the druids. (and the red flight are protectors of life as well) Hell, Cenarius himself, the guy who freaking taught the first druids, was raised by Yersa!
    -Shaman. Not the first thing that comes to mind but still has a pretty good argument. The Aspects served much the same role that Shamans do now. Keeping the earth and the elements in balance. The dragons origins have close ties to the elements and who did they decide was the next closes thing to the Earthwarder aspect when making the dragon soul? The world shaman.

Most thematically obvious due to aspect powers and dragon isles nature: Mage, Shaman, Druid
    + Core classes everyone can be: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Priest
    + DK because rule of cool + easy to make new DKs

So that leaves them without Paladin, DH, and lock.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Most thematically obvious due to aspect powers and dragon isles nature: Mage, Shaman, Druid
    + Core classes everyone can be: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Priest
    + DK because rule of cool + easy to make new DKs

So that leaves them without Paladin, DH, and lock.
    I think a Dracthyr DK could look pretty damn cool.
    Have the “DK skin” have bone wings akin to Sindragosa.

A shame that we’re likely not getting any new races as DKs, unless they were a race that’s been around for a while and could have been risen. (Like Ogres and Naga)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Just Evoker is fine. But give them a damn tank spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorne the White Stag View Post
    Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Mage and maybe shaman are the first I think of. Druid could work, but a dragonman turning into a bear is a little weird.

You can maybe throw in warlock or death knight as the designated "evil" class.
    But it could be a Bear-Dragon. Or a Dragon-Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    But it could be a Bear-Dragon. Or a Dragon-Bear.
    Or it could just be a dragon form. A slim form with more pronounced claws and fangs for feral and a bulkier form with heavy scales for guardian.

Warrior, hunter, rogue, priest and mage seem like a no-brainer for almost any race. I think warlock would also be a good fit to rep the black dragons and their history with dabbling with shadow magic. Paladin just for the sake of flavor and aesthetic, being a magical divine warrior just makes sense when we're talking about dragonkin. And while I don't know if it'd make a whole lot of sense, I think shaman would be a cool enough aesthetic that lore bending a bit to justify it would be fine, the dragonflights aren't the same as elements but they've bent the rules for goblin and pandaren shaman already, they can do it again.

As for druid...idk if they'd go through that kind of effort, I seriously doubt it but it'd be cool to see. Dragon-esque animal forms would flesh out the visuals, and be a good rep for the green flight, but I can't help but feel like aesthetically and lorewise it's the biggest stretch.

All. I'm sick of race restrictions.