Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Does this even matter? It sounds pretty nitpicky at best. Surely you have better things to do than compare 3D models in a 18 year old game.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They did, and my comment was a guess, and with Chromie time, makes more sense to update Azeroth first.
    Yes absolutely.

    It does feel like all of this is building up to the core game being refurbished whole at some point. Maldraxxus for instance is a giant tome of Scourge assets, and all that Ardenwaeld needs is a hue shift and be consolidated with Val'Sharah assets to become Ashenvale and other mystical forests.

    Kul'tiras in its entirety serves as a source for about half of the Eastern Kingdoms, not to mention Arathi already got its glow-up.

    It's just... yeah I can't shake that there's something brewing.

  3. #43
    I'd rather they keep expansions mostly graphically consistent so we don't have a few new models bumping up against older models. Critters were an understandable exception since you can barely see them anyway.

    WoW has kept a consistent artstyle, which helps blend it all, but there's still the odd outlier like Meatball the gnoll showing up in Legion.

    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Sylvanas will just give her own head to Tyrande.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Ehm, Draenor is Draenor. Only thing they are missing was Netherstorm.
    Sure it is in lore. Too bad everything else is basically different continent. Like, you would treat Spires of Arrak as graphically updated Terrokar?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I mean, even if they replaced the demon models (which probably has to be done manually), people would whine about all the other models not being updated. It's a fight Blizzard can't win. It's perfectly reasonable not going down that slope.
    Maybe Blizzard should be more concerned with making the game better and less concerned with people wanting it to be even better than better. What a weird excuse.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  6. #46
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Because Blizzard's content pipeline is busted and has been for well over a decade. They can't produce new content quickly enough to keep up with player demand, nevermind update old content.
    What does literally anything you just said have to do with this?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    The new models look terrible and too cartoony so no thanks
    lol please quit the game if you think the old model is better.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    The whole game since cata has gone cartoony. I cannot stand how tarren mill looks like something out of a Tim Burton movie
    the game has always looked cartoony wtf you on about? you really looking at fucking vanilla wow models and go "this is super serious not cartoony" fucking what


    fucking tazmanian devil lookin ass

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The new models are ingame, but the second you walk through tthe Dark Portal, the clunky infernals from 2007 are what youre greeted with.

    But like why? Is there any benefit to this? If it's for nostalgia, isn't that what BC Classic is supposed to do?
    IDK why, its a bit odd what old models do and do not get changed sometimes, specific ones do specific ones do not, for example the warlock shivvarah and oracle were both updated, but on locks and out in the world still use the old ass models. and yeah the infernal is randomly updated in some places, not updated in others, i wonder if its because they use infernals for a lot of behind the scenes procs as they were one of the first models made, like bunnies. they are used to 'activate" effects, simply make them tiny or huge and inivisible and add effects to them.

    cause other models like boars, bears, snakes, yeti, etc were updated and are updated in the old world, so it depends really.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    What does literally anything you just said have to do with this?

    - - - Updated - - -



    lol please quit the game if you think the old model is better.

    - - - Updated - - -

    the game has always looked cartoony wtf you on about? you really looking at fucking vanilla wow models and go "this is super serious not cartoony" fucking what


    fucking tazmanian devil lookin ass
    "Cartoony" isn't the right word exactly, because it is too broad. The game has always been cartoony, but the game was not always American Nickelodeon Cartoon style. It was closer to Warhammer, with its mixture of grimdark and cartoonishness, which gave the game a ton of character that it is sorely lacking now.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  8. #48
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,323
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    This hits a bit too close to home.
    Their artstyle has not improved in the most recent expansions. I started noticing it badly in Legion, though the expansion was great everything became so... caricatural, for lack of a better word.
    And mind you that can be done well too, but it just often wasn't when it came to some of the known demons mainly, who just felt blander for it, as if lacking any creative subtlety.

    The Drust and the Underrot in BfA are examples of how it can be done right though, imo, same with the emerald nightmare creatures.

    But a while back someone posted rwo hyena models for comparison; one from classic (i think) and one from Vol'dun (i think). The former looked like somethong resembling a hyena, even if obviously not very "high quality", but the latter really resembled something of a cross between a raw pastry and a claymation model.
    ????
    What are you on about?

    "Hyena" -------------------------------------------------------------- "Raw pastry Claymation"
    Mate I think you need LASIK surgery.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    "Cartoony" isn't the right word exactly, because it is too broad. The game has always been cartoony, but the game was not always American Nickelodeon Cartoon style. It was closer to Warhammer, with its mixture of grimdark and cartoonishness, which gave the game a ton of character that it is sorely lacking now.
    "grimdark" lol what? the game was never grim dark what in the hell are you on about my dude?
    Show me this "grimdark"
    hell retail wow looks closer to warhammer and grimdark then classic does.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-05-24 at 05:05 PM.

  9. #49
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    What does literally anything you just said have to do with this?

    - - - Updated - - -



    lol please quit the game if you think the old model is better.

    - - - Updated - - -



    the game has always looked cartoony wtf you on about? you really looking at fucking vanilla wow models and go "this is super serious not cartoony" fucking what


    fucking tazmanian devil lookin ass

    - - - Updated - - -



    IDK why, its a bit odd what old models do and do not get changed sometimes, specific ones do specific ones do not, for example the warlock shivvarah and oracle were both updated, but on locks and out in the world still use the old ass models. and yeah the infernal is randomly updated in some places, not updated in others, i wonder if its because they use infernals for a lot of behind the scenes procs as they were one of the first models made, like bunnies. they are used to 'activate" effects, simply make them tiny or huge and inivisible and add effects to them.

    cause other models like boars, bears, snakes, yeti, etc were updated and are updated in the old world, so it depends really.
    I did quit for bc because its the better game with the better artstyle that feels like wow. I will be playing wrath over dragonflight. Screech away

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    "Cartoony" isn't the right word exactly, because it is too broad. The game has always been cartoony, but the game was not always American Nickelodeon Cartoon style. It was closer to Warhammer, with its mixture of grimdark and cartoonishness, which gave the game a ton of character that it is sorely lacking now.
    100% correct

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    They did, and my comment was a guess, and with Chromie time, makes more sense to update Azeroth first.
    Blizz is very random about which models they update and how they apply them retroactively. For instance Garrosh had 4 models. The original plain old orc model no different than the player's just with brown skin from TBC and Wrath. Then in Cata we got the super tiny head model based on what he looked like in the comics. Then in the SoO patch he got his updated model to match the modern fidelity. Thing was when they made his Cata model they applied it to some of his Wrath appearances improperly. Seeing tiny head Warchief Garrosh with Gorehowl and Mannoroth tusk shoulders in ToC was weird as hell.

    Or seeing big beads with WoD voice lines Thrall in pre-WoD places.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

  11. #51
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I did quit for bc because its the better game with the better artstyle that feels like wow. I will be playing wrath over dragonflight. Screech away

    - - - Updated - - -



    100% correct
    Wow you play TBC and wrath? not an actual wow fan, if you want ACTUAL wow artstyle you play vanilla only.
    this is the REAL wow artstyle, none of this bullshit cartoony sexualized chickenshit that you want in your "Wow" TBC




    They fucking ruined the artstyle with this bullshit 'cartoonizing" the "Grimdark" that was vanilla.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-05-24 at 05:14 PM.

  12. #52
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Wow you play TBC and wrath? casual, if you want ACTUAL wow artstyle you play vanilla only.
    this is the REAL wow artstyle, none of this bullshit cartoony sexualized chickenshit that you want in your "Wow" TBC




    They fucking ruined the artstyle with this bullshit 'cartoonizing" the "Grimdark" that was vanilla.
    Visually they might not fit as much as other things, but theyre crack addicted assholes which does fit the universe. Anyway, keep seething because i hate the modern art style

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    -snip-
    Damn that's ugly xD

    But yeah even in wc3 the game didn't take itself too seriously with tons of pop culture references, I have no idea where people get the Idea WoW ever was something along the lines of warhammer or berserk.

  14. #54
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Visually they might not fit as much as other things, but theyre crack addicted assholes which does fit the universe. Anyway, keep seething because i hate the modern art style
    lol if you say so, keep loving your ruined version of the game, just stop calling it the "real wow look" cause if you want the "real wow look" there is only one option, wow

    its called wow "the burning crusade" for a reason, cause it went on a crusade to burn down the artstyle of wow by getting the original artstyle and cartoonizing and sexualizing it.

    ACTUAL WOW--------------------------------Dogshit "Cartoonized Sexualized The Failure crusade"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Damn that's ugly xD

    But yeah even in wc3 the game didn't take itself too seriously with tons of pop culture references, I have no idea where people get the Idea WoW ever was something along the lines of warhammer or berserk.
    But its the original wow art style so its perfect, and anything afterword's is a sin against god.
    and wait
    warcraft 3 didn't take itself seriously? what you talking about?

  15. #55
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol if you say so, keep loving your ruined version of the game, just stop calling it the "real wow look" cause if you want the "real wow look" there is only one option, wow

    its called wow "the burning crusade" for a reason, cause it went on a crusade to burn down the artstyle of wow by getting the original artstyle and cartoonizing and sexualizing it.

    ACTUAL WOW--------------------------------Dogshit "Cartoonized Sexualized The Failure crusade"
    Lets play hide and seek. I will hide and you will seek professonal help

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ????
    What are you on about?

    "Hyena" -------------------------------------------------------------- "Raw pastry Claymation"
    Mate I think you need LASIK surgery.[/COLOR]
    Although higher in polycount the new model resembles a hyena less than the old one. The new one looks like a stuffed animal as opposed to a wild beast.

    The lower resolution textures on older models leave more space for filling in the blanks in your mind, thus creating a more rugged look. Just the colouring alone on the old hyena model seems like it's dirty, enforcing that wild beast look. You saw the same issues with the new characters models in WoD, a lot of faces lost their flavour when losing the low resolution textures. Blizzard had to change the actual face models a bit to get the same results as the old textures.

  17. #57
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Although higher in polycount the new model resembles a hyena less than the old one. The new one looks like a stuffed animal as opposed to a wild beast.

    The lower resolution textures on older models leave more space for filling in the blanks in your mind, thus creating a more rugged look. Just the colouring alone on the old hyena model seems like it's dirty, enforcing that wild beast look. You saw the same issues with the new characters models in WoD, a lot of faces lost their flavour when losing the low resolution textures. Blizzard had to change the actual face models a bit to get the same results as the old textures.
    Addtionally, i think the top is more scary since it's from when the game had harder leveling so pulling 2 or more is death while the bottom i know i can pull 20 of them and still have 90% hp left

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Addtionally, i think the top is more scary since it's from when the game had harder leveling so pulling 2 or more is death while the bottom i know i can pull 20 of them and still have 90% hp left
    **the top is scarier for you, because it reminds you of when you were bad.

    Gotcha.

  19. #59
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    13,707
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    The "discernable reason" is that it takes an effort for outdated stuff nobody cares about.
    The effort required would just be going through the database of TBC Infernals and changing the model file to the correct Infernal. Not exactly difficult, they could probably have an intern do it.

  20. #60
    Weeb Queen Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    **the top is scarier for you, because it reminds you of when you were bad.

    Gotcha.
    Or, as a ce raider till sod, releveling in bcc was much harder than it has been in retail since bc and i still wouldnt pull more than 2 mobs despite my 17 years of playing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •